-
dtg_9er
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 33,204
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Trenton is a two gapper. He fills the 2 and 4 hole on O.
Incidentally, NC, nice summary
Yeah I'm about to move him to NT. Then you'd have 6'6" Dial, 6'8" Brown and 6'7" Armstead 
LOL! You two give me hope...we will have a true NT someday soon!
-
Afrikan
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 23,670
if given a legit chance I think Davis will beat out Chuck Jacobs and the other lower WRs.
It's going to be hard getting playing time with the 3rd stringers with a bunch of 3rd stringers...and playing well with a 3rd string QB throwing you the ball.
so he better show his potential in practice.
-
9moon
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 22,286
Anquan, Torrey and Jerome will not be here in another year or two and I wont be surprise if 3 of the Undrafted FA rookie WRs we drafted take their spot...
I really like those guys that we signed, as mentioned before, I will call them The FA-Five!!!
-
Afrikan
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 23,670
oooops. I forgot the main reason I came into this thread.
so it turns out the Eagles were asking a 2nd Rd pick for their ILB, Mychal Kendricks, during the draft.
I can see why Baalke passed it up, if they were not budging. NFL Insiders show said that the Eagles are still open to trading him.
Maybe closer to cut days, we might be able to offer something cheaper....and O'l Chip might want to use a roster spot for someone else he's in love with.
-
NCommand
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 123,365
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Trenton is a two gapper. He fills the 2 and 4 hole on O.
Incidentally, NC, nice summary
Yeah I'm about to move him to NT. Then you'd have 6'6" Dial, 6'8" Brown and 6'7" Armstead 
LOL! You two give me hope...we will have a true NT someday soon!
I'm starting to think we're just meant to have a dominant 2-gap wide-bodied NT...first Wilfork (twice) and then about 10 others we've missed out on every single year (or had to go another direction). I thought we had a chance at Shelton and Goldman but AA was the right pick...still think we may have gone Shelton if not for the effing Oranges!
-
Afrikan
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 23,670
Originally posted by 9moon:
Anquan, Torrey and Jerome will not be here in another year or two and I wont be surprise if 3 of the Undrafted FA rookie WRs we drafted take their spot...
I really like those guys that we signed, as mentioned before, I will call them The FA-Five!!!
dude, Torrey is in his prime...just turned 26 years old.
and we got him for a good contract.
-
NCommand
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 123,365
Originally posted by 9moon:
Anquan, Torrey and Jerome will not be here in another year or two and I wont be surprise if 3 of the Undrafted FA rookie WRs we drafted take their spot...
I really like those guys that we signed, as mentioned before, I will call them The FA-Five!!!
Quality players there and we have Adam Henry to actually develop them now so that's great...and it SEEMS like we might have a HC and staff willing to give these young kids a legit chance to shine. That's the most encouraging thing to me.
-
NCommand
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 123,365
Originally posted by Afrikan:
oooops. I forgot the main reason I came into this thread.
so it turns out the Eagles were asking a 2nd Rd pick for their ILB, Mychal Kendricks, during the draft.
I can see why Baalke passed it up, if they were not budging. NFL Insiders show said that the Eagles are still open to trading him.
Maybe closer to cut days, we might be able to offer something cheaper....and O'l Chip might want to use a roster spot for someone else he's in love with.
Now this is interesting. Baalke can check out how that contract extension is going with Wilhoite and potentially, make a move if needed.
-
dtg_9er
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 33,204
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm starting to think we're just meant to have a dominant 2-gap wide-bodied NT...first Wilfork (twice) and then about 10 others we've missed out on every single year (or had to go another direction). I thought we had a chance at Shelton and Goldman but AA was the right pick...still think we may have gone Shelton if not for the effing Oranges!
This fits into my theory that Baalke tries to limit high draft picks for the higher priced positions. Top CBs, NTs and OLBs tend to be pricey FAs. When Aldon comes on the market it will be interesting to see what Baalke does...or perhaps drafting Harold answers that question already? QBs are necessary high expenses so CK's contract is reasonable in this theory, but all other positions need to be balanced.
-
NCommand
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 123,365
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm starting to think we're just meant to have a dominant 2-gap wide-bodied NT...first Wilfork (twice) and then about 10 others we've missed out on every single year (or had to go another direction). I thought we had a chance at Shelton and Goldman but AA was the right pick...still think we may have gone Shelton if not for the effing Oranges!
This fits into my theory that Baalke tries to limit high draft picks for the higher priced positions. Top CBs, NTs and OLBs tend to be pricey FAs. When Aldon comes on the market it will be interesting to see what Baalke does...or perhaps drafting Harold answers that question already? QBs are necessary high expenses so CK's contract is reasonable in this theory, but all other positions need to be balanced.
That's a terrific point. Salary cap and future ramifications need to be considered seriously upon any acquisition including via the draft.
-
pasodoc9er
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 21,040
I just had a vision. Trenton starts rotating at OT, does well, and then goes both ways, playing NT.
-
SofaKing
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 27,442
Originally posted by Afrikan:
oooops. I forgot the main reason I came into this thread.
so it turns out the Eagles were asking a 2nd Rd pick for their ILB, Mychal Kendricks, during the draft.
I can see why Baalke passed it up, if they were not budging. NFL Insiders show said that the Eagles are still open to trading him.
Maybe closer to cut days, we might be able to offer something cheaper....and O'l Chip might want to use a roster spot for someone else he's in love with.
I got my eye on this situation too. Would love to get Kendricks, but not for a 2nd rounder. Chip is going to have to take less for a player with just 1 year left on his deal. I'd trade a 4th rd pick and sign him to an extension if we could afford it. We might be able to sign him for less if he's desperate to get out of Philly. Worst case scenario for him is playing out this year on their bench.
-
NCommand
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 123,365
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I just had a vision. Trenton starts rotating at OT, does well, and then goes both ways, playing NT.
Starting next to Okoye per cciowa, right?
[ Edited by NCommand on May 8, 2015 at 4:08 PM ]
-
AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 34,110
Hey NCommand, some UDFA terms.
According to Brian McIntyre's twitter account the 49ers gave out $160K in guaranteed money to 9 UDFAs, including $105K to the 5 WRs, and I have some numbers.
Dres Anderson got $50K gtd, with $6K bonus, and $44K of his 2015 base gtd
Jermaine Whitehad got $15K gtd, a $7,500 bonus, and $7,500 of his base gtd in 2015
DeAndrew White got $32K gtd, a $7K bonus, and $25K of his 2015 base gtd
Marcus Rush got a $10K bonus
Isaac Blakeney got a $10K bonus
DiAndre Campbell got a $2,500 bonus
Darius Davis got a $3K bonus
Patrick Miller got a $5K bonus
Dylan Thompson's numbers are where I'm not 100% sure, he did get $20K gtd, some reports said $15K base, and $5K bonus, now I hear $10K base, and $10K bonus.
With all those added up that leaves $12,500 unaccounted for from Brian's $160K number, and of that $7,500 goes to the 3 other WRs(Campbell, Blakeney, and Davis), and leaves $5K left over, which could be a $5K base guarantee for either Rush or Miller.
-
ElephantHaley
- Member
-
- Posts: 7,020
P Andy Lee is getting cut June 1st.
[ Edited by ElephantHaley on May 9, 2015 at 7:24 PM ]