LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 175 users in the forums

Week 12 - 2014: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
OMFG! I seriously dont know why I ever come to this thread. Every single time I click it with hopes that theres some sensible discussion going on Im treated to the biggest load of horse s**t imagineable. Some of you never cease to amaze me. Just when I think all the ridiculous arguments have been exhausted you guys somehow manage to find new ways to s**t on the guy.

So now the issue with Kap is that he celebrates touchdowns with his teammates? Are you f**king kidding me?!?! Wait a minute, were not talking about him doing a touchdown dance or any kind of "look at me" attention grabber. Hes simply joining in high fiving along with the rest of his teammates and somehow this is an issue? No words... There is absolutely no word in the English dictionary to describe how moronic this really is. All i can do is shake my damn head.

Thus, my rant.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by buck:
Whoops. Very good. I misspoke or spoke stupidly.

I meant to say, and should have said that I get the sense that the offensive team is just too damn tense.

Perhaps they're tense because they are playing like pooh.

Kap doesn't look tense to me, having a good ol time after a touchdown. Does he look tense to you?

The more important point is whether he is helping us get right with playcalls and tactical adjustments at the line. I don't see it, but I'd rather hear from thl or jd on that aspect of his game.
The offense isn't getting the results we all like, but I don't think they are playing like Pooh. Winni would be very upset for you saying that.

They are definitely frustrating to watch, but one of the reasons they are frustrating is because on one drive they look like the Greatest show on Turf, the next drive they look like Dilfer's 2000 Ravens offense. The inconsistency is frustrating and irritating. The good part of that is that they are getting more and more consistent.

I don't forsee any changes either in the next game. Seadderall fields the number 1 defense in football. An offensive team going against a defense like that will be inconsistent. There is going to be some 3 and outs on both teams because the defenses are so good. But I can see Colin or our RB pulling it out in the end. Seadderall has used up all it's luck last year and they will need lots of luck to beat us at the Santa Clara Stadium. Specially if our fans truly try to intimidate those Refs. Hopefully the 49er faithful show up and make lots of noise when Seadderall is on offense.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
OMFG! I seriously dont know why I ever come to this thread. Every single time I click it with hopes that theres some sensible discussion going on Im treated to the biggest load of horse s**t imagineable. Some of you never cease to amaze me. Just when I think all the ridiculous arguments have been exhausted you guys somehow manage to find new ways to s**t on the guy.

So now the issue with Kap is that he celebrates touchdowns with his teammates? Are you f**king kidding me?!?! Wait a minute, were not talking about him doing a touchdown dance or any kind of "look at me" attention grabber. Hes simply joining in high fiving along with the rest of his teammates and somehow this is an issue? No words... There is absolutely no word in the English dictionary to describe how moronic this really is. All i can do is shake my damn head.

Don't sweat it. There's a ton of posters worth having a discussion with. Marvin49, Buck, Niners816, thl408, jonnydel, and many many *many* others. The doofusses that post drivel, you just got to skip and ignore. On the 49ers *official* boards, there's an ignore button, but unfortunately here in the WebZone, it's missing. Just go through the thread and if there is somebody having a good insight or idea, point it out and discuss, and just ignore all the other garbage posted out there.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Don't sweat it. There's a ton of posters worth having a discussion with. Marvin49, Buck, Niners816, thl408, jonnydel, and many many *many* others. The doofusses that post drivel, you just got to skip and ignore. On the 49ers *official* boards, there's an ignore button, but unfortunately here in the WebZone, it's missing. Just go through the thread and if there is somebody having a good insight or idea, point it out and discuss, and just ignore all the other garbage posted out there.

Ya.

The "he celebrates TDs too much" is quite possibly the dumbest argument I've ever read. Anyone ever see Brett Favre tackle WRs after scores?

Oh, I'm sorry...HE'S ALLOWED to do that because he's better? WTF is that. You and your teammate make a good play. You get excited and you celebrate. Period. Of all the things people can gripe about, that's about the most asinine I've ever read.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Ya.

The "he celebrates TDs too much" is quite possibly the dumbest argument I've ever read. Anyone ever see Brett Favre tackle WRs after scores?

Oh, I'm sorry...HE'S ALLOWED to do that because he's better? WTF is that. You and your teammate make a good play. You get excited and you celebrate. Period. Of all the things people can gripe about, that's about the most asinine I've ever read.

I have to see this..what's the post number#
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I see this as the exact opposite. I think it is great leadership to be there with your guys and help them celebrate. Momentum is an important part of the game and getting your guys excited is within reason is part of leadership. Ask the Panthers guys what they think about Cam sulking on the sidelines when the chips are down. You dont want a s**tshow like the Raiders last week, but being excited when your guys score isnt goofing...it is being there with your guys in the trenches and getting excited for them a quality a good leader should exhibit as long as he keeps it classy.

Thays an interesting point. Ive always thought should be above it all, a little. Workmanlike. The td doesnt cjange the context of an underperforming unit. So it would nice to project more of the still work to be done mentality. New england does a lot of that when things get iffy. Sorry i have blasphemed kap in this thread.
Actually no im not [
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Ya.

Well BrodieBlueBanazak never struck me as an X's and O's guy. Nothing wrong with that. But to folks who only have a hammer in their tool kit, every problem looks like a Nail. Personally, I think celebrating *success* is as important as being serious in work habits. It's important part of leadership to congratulate your team on success. There is a difference in people skills and work habits. Work habits are to the individual, and people skills enable you to work with other folks who have possibly a different take on those work habits.

Personally, I'd like to hear stories of Colin talking to VD and encouraging him and working extra with him on the passing and catching. (Not that he's *not* doing that mind you - he probably is) But, it's interesting to note that his teammates asked him to give the Pre-game speech. Why isn't the BrodieBlueBanazak's of the WebZone mentioning *those* aspects of leadership. That a serious sign that he is fulfilling and earning the respect of his teammates as a leader of this offense.
Thays an interesting point. Ive always thought should be above it all, a little. Workmanlike. The td doesnt cjange the context of an underperforming unit. So it would nice to project more of the still work to be done mentality. New england does a lot of that when things get iffy. Sorry i have blasphemed kap in this thread.
Actually no im not [

"Sorry I have blasphemed...."

They just can't help themselves, can they? Always the dig. Always the catty little remark which accuses fans who support the quarterback of worshiping, as opposed to the reality, which is simply appreciating and supporting.

Unbelievable, isn't it? I hear you and share your annoyance. Will it ever stop? Hard to say.

Now, evidently one can't celebrate a touchdown unless the offense is top ten. Is that the line here? What ranking does an offense need to make celebrating a touchdown acceptable? Top 10? Top 15? And remember, we're talking about two touchdowns here - one was on the first drive of the game to jump out to a lead and one was a fourth quarter come from behind touchdown with 4 minutes remaining. You know which NFL quarterbacks celebrate 4th quarter come from behind touchdowns late in the game to take the lead? That's right, ALL of them do.

Kaepernick bashers are setting new standards for ridiculous.
Originally posted by crake49:
Actually no im not [

They just can't help themselves, can they? Always the dig. Always the catty little remark which accuses fans who support the quarterback of worshiping, as opposed to the reality, which is simply appreciating and supporting.

Oh, you have GOT to be kidding right? I'm the catty one? Have you read some of the last few posts?

The "he celebrates TDs too much" is quite possibly the dumbest argument I've ever read.Read "

There's a ton of posters worth having a discussion with. Marvin49, Buck, Niners816, thl408, jonnydel, and many many *many* others. The doofusses that post drivel, you just got to skip and ignore.

the biggest load of horse s**t imagineable.
No words... There is absolutely no word in the English dictionary to describe how moronic this really is. All i can do is shake my damn head. Are you f**king kidding me?!?!

I guess I should just be rude offensive vulgar and intolerant, as opposed to "catty"?

I am laughing, Anyway, the original point was raised by jd, and I think it's a valid one. As I have said several times, the celebration thing is really a sideshow about 'leadership" -- I am more concerned Kap stops being a toady to harbs + roman, and (appear to) contribute more on the line. I can't really tell from watching on tv how much he is spontaneously running things.

Actually no im not [

Oh, you have GOT to be kidding right? I'm the catty one? Have you read some of the last few posts?

The "he celebrates TDs too much" is quite possibly the dumbest argument I've ever read.Read "

There's a ton of posters worth having a discussion with. Marvin49, Buck, Niners816, thl408, jonnydel, and many many *many* others. The doofusses that post drivel, you just got to skip and ignore.

the biggest load of horse s**t imagineable.
No words... There is absolutely no word in the English dictionary to describe how moronic this really is. All i can do is shake my damn head. Are you f**king kidding me?!?!

I guess I should just be rude offensive vulgar and intolerant, as opposed to "catty"?

I am laughing, Anyway, the original point was raised by jd, and I think it's a valid one. As I have said several times, the celebration thing is really a sideshow about 'leadership" -- I am more concerned Kap stops being a toady to harbs + roman, and (appear to) contribute more on the line. I can't really tell from watching on tv how much he is spontaneously running things.

LOL.

Sorry man. Just stating my opinion. Of all the things that can be criticized in terms of Kaps play, celebrating TDs with his teammates as a sticking point is just IMO ludicrous.

Hell...peeps in Chicago would LOVE their QB so show emotion of any kind.

I get really annoyed when I read stuff about him celebrating, or "he's not smart enough" (and yes I know what wasn't you). To me it smacks of something else. It has everything to do with an image that doesn't match what peeps are used to or an image of what they want.

I'm going to be VERY careful here because I'm not accusing you of it (and for all I know you could be black so has nothing to do with what you said specifically), but those types of "leadership/I don't like how he acts/I don't think he's smart enough" to me is all just code for something else that peeps don't wanna say outright. I think very often it's not even intentional. Kap doesn't portray himself the way people are used to a QB portraying himself.

They call that lack of leadership, but NOBODY in the locker room says anything of the kind. That's all manufactured by what we see on TV because he doesn't match the picture of what we view as a leader.

My advice? Get over it. Its a different world.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 26, 2014 at 12:08 PM ]

I guess you don't know what I mean by "catty." Whatever. It doesn't matter.

But I'd still like to know what ranking an offense needs to be before you think it's appropriate to celebrate a 4th quarter, come-from-behind touchdown. What's the cutoff on that one in your mind? I'd also like to know if you can name ANY quarterback in the league who wouldn't celebrate a 4th quarter come from behind touchdown. Marvin correctly points to Chicago - even that stiff was jumping up and down after a fourth quarter touchdown.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Love this thread Marvin, and I love your points about Kap even more. I keep saying it over and over, the way you talk about SF fans being crazy is on point, we're spoiled by Montana/Young (even Garcia a bit I guess). It's funny, when non-49er fans talk to me about Kap, most are in aww, my stepfather is a Steelers fan and he told me he'd take Kap #1 over every player in the NFL if they had some sorta NFL wide, every player up for grabs draft. He's so talented, so young, ppl forget a lot of times that it took Steve Young a while to get to a point to where he was an elite QB.

As for Gore, I agree he's not the same guy he was when he was younger, but he's still a great back (and I want him resigned for next year). But, we are doing a horrible job of handling his duties. We don't split the carries up enough between him and Hyde for one, the other is we always, and I mean always run him into a pile, last week we got him out on the edge and it worked, this week, we abandoned it aside from one or two attempts.

I agree with you that it's scary watching Cox return punts but I'm not really concerned about him fumbling, I'm worried he'll get hurt, hurry back Ellington (same goes for Hyde as a KR, I actually think Hyde is better than Bruce in that area but he's so violent of a runner, I want him out of that role ASAP)

As for the NFCW, why root for Arizona to win? They lost their starting QB, they still play us week 17 and have another game against Seattle, this is the hardest part of their schedule. I'm still rooting for the NFCW division crown. We can run the table and they can lose a few more games and it's ours, that's what I want.

Simple.

Chances are they still win division. If given the choice between Seattle winning it and Arizona winning it, I'd MUCH rather Arizona wins it.

Why? If Niners make it as a WIld Card (and yes, I know mathematically SF can still win division), I'd MUCH, MUCH rather go to Arizona and face Drew Stanton than go to Seattle and face Russell Wilson.

I would love to go into Seattle. It took a miracle last year to beat us. They thought it was going to be a blow out and they almost choked.
Here's a thought I had after watching the last game:

What the hell is Eric Mangini doing? Is he watching his top tight end play the game and does he have any suggestions in real time like, you know, a coach is supposed to offer?

Because when Davis turns around five yards down field on a 3rd and 6, maybe a tight ends coach whispers something in his ear about knowing where the first down marker. But since we all saw Davis do that and then come back on the next series of downs and pull the exact same stunt, I have to assume the tight ends coach is not that involved in what's going on on the field.
Here's a thought I had after watching the last game:

What the hell is Eric Mangini doing? Is he watching his top tight end play the game and does he have any suggestions in real time like, you know, a coach is supposed to offer?

Because when Davis turns around five yards down field on a 3rd and 6, maybe a tight ends coach whispers something in his ear about knowing where the first down marker. But since we all saw Davis do that and then come back on the next series of downs and pull the exact same stunt, I have to assume the tight ends coach is not that involved in what's going on on the field.

No clue. I've thought the same. Mangini becomes TE coach and the entire position group disappears. Dunno if it's a coaching issue or a player issue.
Share 49ersWebzone