LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 233 users in the forums

New offensive coordinator

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I say snatch Ken Dorsey from Carolina and make him the OC
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by braap49er:
It's Harbaughs offense, but Roman calls the plays. Roman calls the dumbest plays at the wrong time. A better OC will prepare better, call better plays in the offensive system, keep the chains moving.

And every call goes through Harbaugh so if Harbaugh thinks the playcall is dumb, he has the option to change it. That he's stuck by Roman for almost 4 seasons now tells me that he has no issues with his playcalling.

And there's where Harbaugh as a head coach and leader of this team needs to make a change. He can't baby sit all 52 players and his coaching staff. He doesn't need to change his offensive system, just people he trusted to make the right calls and the right time.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Baalke needs to step up and fire Roman's ass whether Harbaugh likes it or not
Originally posted by jimrat:
Baalke needs to step up and fire Roman's ass whether Harbaugh likes it or not

This!! He needs to man up like his brother and fire him...then win the SB
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 3, 2014 at 4:57 PM ]
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
At this rate I'm willing to give Jimmy Raye another shot. (If still alive)

Hilarious!!! Made my day, good one
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rtj03:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
At this rate I'm willing to give Jimmy Raye another shot. (If still alive)

Hilarious!!! Made my day, good one

why, he would have given gore a chance to run it in, did roman do it,, did he even think to do it? jimmy raye would have and for that you have to give him some props
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Harbonehead and Roblow don't get it... their college crap hasn't been cutting it and doesn't even really work in college anymore (Stanford sucks now for running same old crap)
There's a reason nobody hires Greg Roman as a head coach each offseason. It's because he stinks.
Every call Roman makes goes through Harbaugh, so if Harbaugh has an issue with the call, he certainly can go ahead and change it or advise Roman on what calls he would prefer.

Whatever Harbaugh's offense might have been, it isn't what is being called right now and it doesn't seem like anyone on the coaching staff or the players even know what this team's offensive philosophy really is anymore either.

That Roman is still here going on 4 seasons is evidence of Harbaugh tacitly approving of his playcalling, otherwise he would have been out the door awhile ago. Greg Roman works for the 49ers, more directly he works for Jim Harbaugh, if Harbaugh has any issues with how the playcalling is being done or the direction that it is going in, he has the authority to s**tcan Roman at anytime, that it hasn't happened pretty much should tell you that Harbaugh is onboard with how the offense is being ran.

I understand all that but its Harbaughs loyalty thats hindering us. He is trying to improve the offense with Roman mostly because he believes in him. I dont think its Harbaughs offense in the least though
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Every call Roman makes goes through Harbaugh, so if Harbaugh has an issue with the call, he certainly can go ahead and change it or advise Roman on what calls he would prefer.

Whatever Harbaugh's offense might have been, it isn't what is being called right now and it doesn't seem like anyone on the coaching staff or the players even know what this team's offensive philosophy really is anymore either.

That Roman is still here going on 4 seasons is evidence of Harbaugh tacitly approving of his playcalling, otherwise he would have been out the door awhile ago. Greg Roman works for the 49ers, more directly he works for Jim Harbaugh, if Harbaugh has any issues with how the playcalling is being done or the direction that it is going in, he has the authority to s**tcan Roman at anytime, that it hasn't happened pretty much should tell you that Harbaugh is onboard with how the offense is being ran.

I understand all that but its Harbaughs loyalty thats hindering us. He is trying to improve the offense with Roman mostly because he believes in him. I dont think its Harbaughs offense in the least though

If Harbaugh believes in Roman and believes in the play calling after all this time, then he's not very good at evaluating the type of play calling that will get it done in the Super Bowl...

This is Harbaugh's offense, period. You can attack Roman all you want but this is th offense Harbaugh wants. Roman is only calling what he is told to call. Replace Roman and you'll get someone else calling the same sort of offense. This is the tradeoff with Harbaugh, the team will win games but the offense will usually struggle against better teams and sometimes, lesser ones too.

You are 100% correct, however if Greg Roman is the guy that truly calls the plays and Harbaugh is in there only to give a yay or nay to the call, his vision can still be executed with someone that simply mixes it up better. Or perhaps a different OC can get him to shift his philosophy a bit. Take John Fox for example. He's clearly not running the same offense had in Carolina. Or even the same offense he had with Tim Tebow. Granted he comes from the defensive side of the ball and he has Peyton Manning as an OC on the field, but I highly doubt there will be no change whatsoever if we had another play caller. Especially if the play calling results in better out comes, like this team averaging 25 to 30 points a game, which is what you'd expect for this amount of offensive talent.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Well bye.... Fangio and the defense are the reason we have been winning games in the past.

False.

See: Every playoff game we've played since Harbaugh took over.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
I say snatch Ken Dorsey from Carolina and make him the OC

Dorsey always was pretty smart. I haven't watched Carolina much, but I'd be interested to see what Dorsey could do with this much talent on offense. Plus any other OC of note, we'd have to offer the HC job.
This is Harbaugh's offense, period. You can attack Roman all you want but this is th offense Harbaugh wants. Roman is only calling what he is told to call. Replace Roman and you'll get someone else calling the same sort of offense. This is the tradeoff with Harbaugh, the team will win games but the offense will usually struggle against better teams and sometimes, lesser ones too.

well if this true then it is like being continually brought ALMOST to a sexual climax and never busting a Nut with Harbaugh,so it will not matter after this season He will be Physically Gone ,mentally Harbs is already gone
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
You are 100% correct, however if Greg Roman is the guy that truly calls the plays and Harbaugh is in there only to give a yay or nay to the call, his vision can still be executed with someone that simply mixes it up better. Or perhaps a different OC can get him to shift his philosophy a bit. Take John Fox for example. He's clearly not running the same offense had in Carolina. Or even the same offense he had with Tim Tebow. Granted he comes from the defensive side of the ball and he has Peyton Manning as an OC on the field, but I highly doubt there will be no change whatsoever if we had another play caller. Especially if the play calling results in better out comes, like this team averaging 25 to 30 points a game, which is what you'd expect for this amount of offensive talent.

I'm sorry, I just don't believe in a such thing as an offensive coordinator when Peyton Manning is your WB. Tell me, how many times have you even seen Peyton talking to his o-coord? While were at it, does anyone know the name of the guy that "called plays" in Indy while Peyton was there?

I'm sure Adam Gase loves it because he's gonna ride the hype all the way to a head coaching gig. #nohate
Share 49ersWebzone