LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 270 users in the forums

Pre-Camp 53 Roster Prediction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Won't happen anyway, no cap savings, his deal is guaranteed now that he made the 53-man roster as a vested veteran.

AB, did you get my IM re: what the cap is looking like right now with the official 53...for now?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Won't happen anyway, no cap savings, his deal is guaranteed now that he made the 53-man roster as a vested veteran.

AB, did you get my IM re: what the cap is looking like right now with the official 53...for now?

Sorry bud, forgot to message you back. Updated the Cap thread.

We are about $1.985M under, but we can get more with certain players, laid out here, http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/8/29/6084515/aldon-smith-suspension-navorro-bowman-injury-49ers-salary-cap

Aldon's suspension will cost him $1,236,942 in cap space over the 9 games, but only gets the money per week.

Bowman and others are in the link.

We are about $1.985M under, but we can get more with certain players, laid out here, http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/8/29/6084515/aldon-smith-suspension-navorro-bowman-injury-49ers-salary-cap

Aldon's suspension will cost him $1,236,942 in cap space over the 9 games, but only gets the money per week.

You're still my MVP, man...still my MVP!

Thanks again!

You're still my MVP, man...still my MVP!

Thanks again!

You got it buddy,
AB is that dude
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

With FB they actually had McDonald in the backfield at HB so maybe we would just do that more if Miller got hurt. Also, Tukuafu is very unlikely to be signed by another team so if Miller gets hurt we can bring him back (like last year) or sign another FA off the street. Can't wait until we get Millard back, he can be backup FB/ST/receiver out of the backfield/RB/short yardage guy.... he will make us quickly forget about Tukuafu.

Well better to have too many WR's than not enough which proved to be the case the last 3 years. Probably cost us 2 sb wins not having wr depth. I'd rather have Lloyd, Ellington, Johnson, Patton as depth than bad Joe Hastings, Brett Swain, Marlon Moore, bad Kyle Williams, Jon Baldwin, Jenkins, etc.

There is a chance Skuta is gone when Aldon gets back week 10 especially since Skuta is a FA after this year but I think Lemonier and Lynch would have to step up big time and other guys would have to be out playing Skuta on ST.

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised Dobbs made the cut at 1.4 mil for being the 7th DL (didnt stand out at all in ps). Then again DL depth has been a problem the last few years because Smith, McDonald and others keep getting dinged up. I hope we draft an upgrade over Dobbs and TJE and let them both go.

Agree, I think Moody will be the most likely to be gone when Bowman returns unless he is really lighting it up on ST and Borland has taken over at ILB. Wilhoite is a FA after this year so that works against him. Moody would be signed 2 more years after this one.

I thought Cox played pretty well and thought it would come down to Morris/Acker. Morris could still be back after we put Dorsey on the IR in a few days.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Not sure how long James will be on the squad.

The Eagles cut running backs Henry Josey and Kenjon Barner. Maybe, we can trade James to his old college coach for a 6th or 7th round pick.

James would, or should, fit into Kelley's offensive scheme better than he does ours. Kelley knows him, although that might be a factor that reduces the chance of a trade.

We should use the first couple of games, the games before the October 9th trade deadline, to test and showcase his skill set.

By that time, we should have a much better idea what Winston actually brings to the table. If Winston is a go, we trade James.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think people get way too worried about all of our cuts being plucked onto other teams. What many forget is there are 31 other teams with 20+ cuts they're making too to get down from 75 to 53 (or less) players.

Think about it, that's over 620 other players out there to choose from. Sure not all of them will be picked up or are worthy of that, but with 620-650 other players out there from other teams cuts, there's a good reason not to get too concerned about a ton of our guys being snatched by another club.

KORY SHEETS PRO BOWL 2015 THANKS BAALKE
Originally posted by buck:
Not sure how long James will be on the squad.

The Eagles cut running backs Henry Josey and Kenjon Barner. Maybe, we can trade James to his old college coach for a 6th or 7th round pick.

James would, or should, fit into Kelley's offensive scheme better than he does ours. Kelley knows him, although that might be a factor that reduces the chance of a trade.

We should use the first couple of games, the games before the October 9th trade deadline, to test and showcase his skill set.

By that time, we should have a much better idea what Winston actually brings to the table. If Winston is a go, we trade James.

Well, shoot, there goes that good idea. LOL
Osgood is back baby!

Osgood is back baby!
So glad to see it. Was hoping Morris would be the other gunner, but oh well.

Osgood is a superstar on ST. I can't believe they risked losing him, or that some other team didn't pick him up.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Osgood is back baby!

Osgood is a superstar on ST. I can't believe they risked losing him, or that some other team didn't pick him up.

Who's spot did he take?
Osgood is back baby!

Truth and TRUTH!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Osgood is back baby!

Who's spot did he take?

Glenn Dorsey
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Osgood is back baby!

Who's spot did he take?

Glenn Dorsey

Thanks, so does that mean we'll drop him or someone else when Dorsey returns?
Share 49ersWebzone