There are 231 users in the forums

Difference between Gore and Hyde

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by iLL49er:
i saw an nfl network interview b4 the draft w/ Ladanian tomlinson when hyde was on the set and they praised him for changing from a guy who ran out of the I-Formatoin b4 urban meyer got there to what he did out of the pistol

unfortunately i can't find any tape on youtube of 2011 when he would've run out of the I-formation at ohoi state

Ah so he did, at one point, run out non-pistol formations. I'm not in tune with college football so I didn't know Meyer was the reason OSU went heavy pistol. Did Hyde mention anything when comparing running out of the I versus the pistol when he was on the set on NFLNetwork?

About the Gore versus Hyde running styles. Give me a guy that finds small holes to squeeze through, then consistently falls forward for a 5 yard rush, over a "homerun threat" that may get arm tackled. If Hyde can be like Gore in this way, he will thrive with this Oline.

I wonder if Hyde is too tall. Gore will run low and make it hard for DL and LB to locate him behind the Oline.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
LOL, that's awesome!!!
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
"small and dynamic"

wtf. since when is 6ft 230lbs small for a RB? That's freaken huge.

Yeah -- Marshawn Lynch who always steamrolls our backers is 5'11, 220.

I would not compare Lynch to anybody. Dude has a level of drive that cannot be compared.
Hyde can only dream of being Gore pre-2ACLs

Gore ate Dade County alive in HS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q953isUviU4
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
LOL, that's awesome!!!

lmao
Originally posted by random49er:
Hyde can only dream of being Gore pre-2ACLs

Gore ate Dade County alive in HS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q953isUviU4

I hear ya. Gore's ability pre-ACL injury was legendary. I remember Clinton Portis was on NFLN one time talking about him, saying he was easily better than the other great backs from Miami, back when the Canes churned out one great RB after another (Portis, Edgerrin James, Willis McGahee). Gore is awesome now, but was probably a slam-dunk HOF talent pre-injuries.
Dont care what anyone says Gore would of been the GOAT if never had those injuries. Words dont do proper justice how good he was.
Carlos can be our Marshawn Lynch with proper experience and minus the dumbass gene.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Another similarity is that like Gore he can catch the ball out of the backfield and that he's hard to tackle.

Wonder how his pass blocking is.

My biggest concern as well
In looking at the video that Marvin posted on all the draft picks I think I remember saying he could block

Originally posted by saj4423:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Another similarity is that like Gore he can catch the ball out of the backfield and that he's hard to tackle.

Wonder how his pass blocking is.

My biggest concern as well
In looking at the video that Marvin posted on all the draft picks I think I remember saying he could block

From ESPN scouting report:

Above average blocker. Is willing and has size/strength to develop. Will need to improve leverage and hand placement in order to better sustain.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Gore = starter
Hyde = another one bites the dust

Frank will Gore you to death
The noob will Hyde

Gore has (at least) a slim chance to turn onto a HOF
Hyde has a chance to turn into Jekyl

Gore can levitate
Hyde cannot (230 lbs and getting bigger)

Females think Gore is cute when he talks
They do not think Hyde is cute when he talks

Gore will play with broken bones
Hyde just plays bones (domino)

Gore was a bell cow
Hyde is a baby cow

.....on a real note

One is near the end of career and one is getting started. Three-headed monster (Gore/Lattimore/Hyde). SB 49.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
"Carlos can be our Marshawn Lynch with proper experience and minus the dumbass gene."

and minus the PEDS injected in the Skittles
weren't people saying Marcus Lattimore is just like Gore too last year?
One is 21 and the other is 31.

Gore is in his last year. Let's just hope Hyde, Lattimore and whoever can more than pick up the slack when he's gone.
Share 49ersWebzone