There are 281 users in the forums

Eric Wright to start?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Given that Culliver will inevitably get let go, it's clear most of the zone assume we must go corner in the first round. I certainly don't disagree, but I'm curious on your thoughts regarding Eric Wright stepping in to start?

I think an entire off-season of reps in our scheme ought to be a great primer for him to regain his form. While I doubt he is the long-term fix, I think he has shown an ability to be an above average corner in this league.
Nobody gives me a good feeling at this point. Keeping Brown should've been a bigger priority.
I'd gladly have this man start:

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

It's amazing how after so many years he's still in the game!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Nobody gives me a good feeling at this point. Keeping Brown should've been a bigger priority.

I'm sure Brown doesn't have a good feeling. He bounced on the 49ers largely because he didn't want to be a slot corner or a backup. 49ers basically offered him the same deal financially, even with some extra years on it, now a starting spot is open in San Francisco and he's stuck in Lunaticville.
If i was D.Morris. I would be in Santa Clara working out right now!!! Blowing up the DB Coaches c-phone.(not trying to hate but you got to get in where you fit in)
I would like Eric Wright to have a chance to compete for the spot. I bet he could wow us if he has the chance, he loves this team.

Also, D-Mo needs to get out there and compete too. I don't want ANYONES spot to be safe, I want to see someone get out there and WIN the starting job,
Originally posted by jreff22:

Not you Justin. Brown was a decent CB, but got a 1yr prove it deal. He isn't worth a multi year deal, like we gave Rogers at his age, similar age, didn't make sense financially.
Why does everyone assume Culliver will be cut? Aldon Smith showed up to practice after smashing his car with a dui. Then played games last year after a month of crazy sh#t! I'm not backing Cully up for being a dumba$$, but I wouldn't write him off yet, they we're talking contract extension a few days ago, maybe this benefits us and we sign him for a whole lot less
He'll probably have a good chance to earn playing time with the lack of depth, whether Culliver is cut or not. He's more of an unknown than Cox, who has had 1 1/2 years in our system.

It's wide open for the taking.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
It's wide open for the taking.

Yup. Step up D#40 and any draft picks FA they bring in.That's how Brook is the 49ers #1 CB Today.
next man up. i think this definitely bumps CB to the first round rather than 2nd round priority tho. our CB situation is pretty thin behind brock if cully gets suspended
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

It's amazing how after so many years he's still in the game!

You guys are making me s**t all over my balls!!!
Sherman, set the wayback machine to 1981.

Let's start an Eric Wright appreciation thread.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Mar 29, 2014 at 3:08 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone