There are 678 users in the forums
Blaine Gabbert
Aug 18, 2015 at 12:01 PM
- in_form
- Veteran
- Posts: 21
I liked how Gabbert seemed to know where the WR's were, and went through his progressions really nicely. The deer stepped away from the headlights finally.
Aug 18, 2015 at 1:19 PM
- NCommand
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 123,365
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I have been a harsh critic of gabbert and wondered why we didn't get a #2. Well, somehow, someway, Gabbert got his mojo back , altho, Antix has it right, to wait until next PS game to be sure. But all of a sudden, we went from no #2, to a guy who looked comfortable back there, and that is a major league relief. Kudos to JT, the entire OC/HC/QB coaching staffs to getting Gabs to where he needs to be if he is to be our #2. I sure didn't see it, but no question, somebody has worked miracles with him. Kudos to gabs too, as he looks totally different this. A welcome and necessary improvement.
Coaching and scheme and a HC who publicly stated he believes in you can go a long ways!
Aug 18, 2015 at 1:43 PM
- pasodoc9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,040
To see this marked a turnaround, kinda like he looked in college, is fantastic...ok, wonderful. But he sure as heck didn't get it under last HC...aka, the inappropriately named QB whisperer. He got it under JT and Logan and Geep. That right there tells a lot of folks who were down on JT after one 1st time interview...who claimed he was a dummy, not the first choice, and so on. Well, as the story unfolds, somebody ...JT or maybe all three got blaine straightened out pretty quick...when he was just off the rails under harbs. Maybe not a big thing, but it is the idea, of going forward, overall, that I see and makes me feel really good about the team, but moreso about the new guys we got at OC/HC/QB coach, as well as all the other coaches. That was a question for me, and one reason I was so excited about the first PS game.
How could anybody see that game and not come away pleased? Sure DBs need work, but man, did JT ever get on OL and ZBS, DL with the goal line stand(9 plays worth), Pinion, Hayne, Purcell, plus 4 keeper TEs, a burner in Torrey, and of course, getting gabs on the right track. I like the way this team is being coached and brought along. All good 1 PS game in. No, not perfect, but definitely good with 8 of the 9 question marks for me answered in one game. Can't beat that.
How could anybody see that game and not come away pleased? Sure DBs need work, but man, did JT ever get on OL and ZBS, DL with the goal line stand(9 plays worth), Pinion, Hayne, Purcell, plus 4 keeper TEs, a burner in Torrey, and of course, getting gabs on the right track. I like the way this team is being coached and brought along. All good 1 PS game in. No, not perfect, but definitely good with 8 of the 9 question marks for me answered in one game. Can't beat that.
Aug 18, 2015 at 1:55 PM
- qnnhan7
- Veteran
- Posts: 35,181
I think it's more of a coincident than what the coaching staff instilled in Gabbert. It usually takes 1 offseason for FA qb to acclimated to the new team offense. Unless he's a wily vet. I think this is more on Gabbert working his tail off to rejuvenate his career. Going into last year he looked bad. But I never thought that he would stay that bad. It was just being with a new team offense. You can see he has talent coming out of college and into the NFL. His talent is still there. Being out of Jacksonville with less pressure, and more time to work on the offense will get him back to starter material. I feel really good about Gabbert backing up Kaep. At some point we may have two qb capable of starting.
I'm not for qb controversy. The more talent we have under center the better though.
I'm not for qb controversy. The more talent we have under center the better though.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 18, 2015 at 1:57 PM ]
Aug 18, 2015 at 2:14 PM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think it's more of a coincident than what the coaching staff instilled in Gabbert. It usually takes 1 offseason for FA qb to acclimated to the new team offense. Unless he's a wily vet. I think this is more on Gabbert working his tail off to rejuvenate his career. Going into last year he looked bad. But I never thought that he would stay that bad. It was just being with a new team offense. You can see he has talent coming out of college and into the NFL. His talent is still there. Being out of Jacksonville with less pressure, and more time to work on the offense will get him back to starter material. I feel really good about Gabbert backing up Kaep. At some point we may have two qb capable of starting.
I'm not for qb controversy. The more talent we have under center the better though.
Well said qnnhan.
Aug 19, 2015 at 1:54 PM
- pasodoc9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,040
amen.
Aug 19, 2015 at 2:08 PM
- 9moon
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,286
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Remember a while ago when that guy on NFL.com ranked Gabbert the worst backup QB in the entire league? Yeah, that guy is a dumbass.
I remember just about a month or two ago and how a bunch of so called 49ERS fan were dishing me for allowing Gabbert to have a chance with this team...
yeah, those guys, are nothing but a bunch of ... . WAIT, will I get a Time Out if I used the word D--------S???
Aug 19, 2015 at 2:14 PM
- 49AllTheTime
- Veteran
- Posts: 72,939
Originally posted by 9moon:gabert still sucks, glad he was able to complete a pass though
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Remember a while ago when that guy on NFL.com ranked Gabbert the worst backup QB in the entire league? Yeah, that guy is a dumbass.
I remember just about a month or two ago and how a bunch of so called 49ERS fan were dishing me for allowing Gabbert to have a chance with this team...
yeah, those guys, are nothing but a bunch of ... . WAIT, will I get a Time Out if I used the word D--------S???
![]()
![]()
Aug 19, 2015 at 2:16 PM
- 9moon
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,286
There goes one 49er fan!!!
lol
lol
Aug 19, 2015 at 2:21 PM
- Bluesbro
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,414
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Remember a while ago when that guy on NFL.com ranked Gabbert the worst backup QB in the entire league? Yeah, that guy is a dumbass.
I remember just about a month or two ago and how a bunch of so called 49ERS fan were dishing me for allowing Gabbert to have a chance with this team...
yeah, those guys, are nothing but a bunch of ... . WAIT, will I get a Time Out if I used the word D--------S???
![]()
![]()
One can hope.
Aug 21, 2015 at 5:29 AM
- Geckko
- Veteran
- Posts: 532
I rewatched the Texans game. And the novice view was that Gabbert was half decent.
Maybe sub Kap for him if we want a downfield pass play
Maybe sub Kap for him if we want a downfield pass play
Aug 21, 2015 at 9:08 AM
- LasVegasWally
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,886
He has the rest of preseason to completely change my opinion BUT he sure made an excellent beginning in the 1st game.
Aug 21, 2015 at 9:34 AM
- 9moon
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,286
Well, it wouldn't be so bad if we give Gabby some time with the sarters... let see what he can do.. I mean, silently, give him the same 10 to 12 passing plays that Kaep got as a starter.. sub him in the 2nd, with the same starting players, and see what Gabby can do..
Aug 23, 2015 at 12:15 PM
- LasVegasWally
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,886
Originally posted by 9moon:
Well, it wouldn't be so bad if we give Gabby some time with the sarters... let see what he can do.. I mean, silently, give him the same 10 to 12 passing plays that Kaep got as a starter.. sub him in the 2nd, with the same starting players, and see what Gabby can do..
Agree
Aug 29, 2015 at 8:35 PM
- LZRD_WZRD
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,893
I'm so happy we stuck with Gabbert. He looks like a fantastic backup at the moment. I wonder how he'd look if he had Kap's o-line play.