49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 581 users in the forums

Blaine Gabbert

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Calling for Gabbert to challenge Kap? Somebody seems to be putting excessive stock into the preseason.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
One good series does not make an nfl quarterback. He had good series last year but looked like garbage for most of it. Next week he could go back to sucking and watch the webzone completely turn on him. That said he has all the physical tools to be an nfl starter

He's had the tools since he was drafted, but he's never been able to make it happen. I don't really expect that to change.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,286
Gabby had a nice game... coudn't get any better than that.. but he aint ready to takeover. ..

... and if by any chance, he needs to play, he shouldn't be any more than a GAME MANAGEMENT... allow him to develop and gain that confidence.. don't forget that he left Mizzou wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to early...

... lets just all hope that he continues to learn...
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I want Gabs to get 1st team reps atleast 2 series and see what there might be there. He was HIGHYLY touted coming out of Mizzou maybe the 49ers can tap into his talents. Obviously there was something there for scouts and NFL people to be raving about im coming out of the 2011 NFL Draft.

Everyone was raving about Ryan Leaf too.
Lol it's the first preseason game. Can't take much out of it, but I hope if keeps him going. Need a sooid back up. He seemed to have a good grasp of the O. Paniced a few times but no biggie.
Nothing wrong with gabbert playing well & pushing kap to play better or stay sharp. I swear people are delicate flowers when a QB they like is challenged. Gabbert played well enough to score and win against legit players, kap did nothing against the same people, moving onto game 2.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
This is never happening unless kap falls apart.

The people saying this s**t are worse then the we want carr chant.....

First off, kap is an amazing qb. Does things only he can do. Second off, its gabbert.

What was last season? Kap was abysmal last year.
Originally posted by Trath44:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
This is never happening unless kap falls apart.

The people saying this s**t are worse then the we want carr chant.....

First off, kap is an amazing qb. Does things only he can do. Second off, its gabbert.

What was last season? Kap was abysmal last year.

You need to change your name to Tartt29 so I can at least respect you. j/k
I didn't see anything that impressive. He was bad either. Around the league most QBs are playing pretty efficiently. It's too early to make a judgement based on the conservative defenses in the preseason. I think we're in trouble if he's starting for us.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,286
Originally posted by fister30:
Nothing wrong with gabbert playing well & pushing kap to play better or stay sharp. I swear people are delicate flowers when a QB they like is challenged. Gabbert played well enough to score and win against legit players, kap did nothing against the same people, moving onto game 2.

Thank you @ FISTER!!!

can't seem to understand sometimes if these are real 49ers fan.. sheezz...

I don't understand how we can not be happy with Gabby's performance... unless they still hope that we can sign Jeff Happy Feet Garcia!!
He is basically smith 2.0 with a stronger arm. Got wrecked by horrible oline play his first few years and tried to do too much. Had his confidence shot and got happy feet and has never really gotten over it. That said he played well last night.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,429
He looks more confident and decisive. As a backup QB I'm quite happy with him
Remember a while ago when that guy on NFL.com ranked Gabbert the worst backup QB in the entire league? Yeah, that guy is a dumbass.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
He looks more confident and decisive. As a backup QB I'm quite happy with him

Sums up my feelings about the guy. Slow and steady as she goes.
Originally posted by fister30:
Nothing wrong with gabbert playing well & pushing kap to play better or stay sharp. I swear people are delicate flowers when a QB they like is challenged. Gabbert played well enough to score and win against legit players, kap did nothing against the same people, moving onto game 2.
I'm glad Gabbert had a decent showing but let's not say Kap did nothing. He played one series.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone