LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

I know Bowmans out for a while but..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone else kind of excited to see Willis back to being THE guy again? Bowman is possibly my favorite player on the entire team, but I sure do miss having Pat's name called like 15 times a game. We are pretty fortunate for having both these guys on our team..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I love pat but he's no bowman.
Yeah his best days stats wise is when he was the man in the middle. I think we should get a linebacker that is good in coverage opposite willis until bowman comes back.
No. Nothing really excites me about the defensive MVP of our team being out half the season.
Originally posted by susweel:

I know we are splitting hairs here but I feel Patrick's game is more well rounded. Bowman is the prototypical MLB tackling machine.
What about Darius Fleming 6'2 255lb LB Notre Dame 5th rounder? Is he still a 49ers after both Lost injury seasons? I remember him at ND not being to shabby but he tore his knees up before even taking a snap as a 49er. Is he still on the Roster?
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
What about Darius Fleming 6'2 255lb LB Notre Dame 5th rounder? Is he still a 49ers after both Lost injury seasons? I remember him at ND not being to shabby but he tore his knees up before even taking a snap as a 49er. Is he still on the Roster?

I believe he is. He was on the team's IR list. I don't expect him to be around for much longer. Tore the same ACL two years in a row. But you never know. He had pretty good size and athleticism.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joshuatree:
Originally posted by susweel:

I know we are splitting hairs here but I feel Patrick's game is more well rounded. Bowman is the prototypical MLB tackling machine.

Bowman is a better cover guy, better at getting to the QB, and just more disruptive overall. It is on film over the last 2 years if you don't believe me.
[ Edited by pd24 on Mar 7, 2014 at 7:48 PM ]
I don't care who gets their name called so long as a 49er makes a play and we win the game.
Bowman was the best ILB in football pre injury.

There is no silver lining on his injury.

• Silky
  • Veteran
I feel like anyone we plug into this system, including Skuta, can be successful.
Love this post, points out that numbers spread, since Bomans out Willis's numbers will go up. "I miss Pats name called 15 times a game"
I'm excited about Pat getting back to the old Willis again w or w/o Bow.
PW sheds blocks from O-Lineman better and is more stout against the run. I'd say Bowman is better in open space and in coverage. It will be interesting, but we'll still have better LB's than most teams w/o Navarro. Who knows if he'll ever be the same?
I love Navorro no doubts he is almost a hall of famer, he had a monster season and has been playing at a high level since he came into the league. Willis, IS a hall of famer..7 seasons, 7 Pro Bowls. He had a difficult season with his injuries, two hands plus the groin (thats a though one) but he still put up great numbers so dont forget about him, i still think he is the better player by almost nothing but he has been the man since day 1.
Share 49ersWebzone