LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 182 users in the forums

Who would be the best choice to replace Harbaugh?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would be the best choice to replace Harbaugh?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Broseph6:
This is so fukking stupid! This is why people make fun of 49ers fans!! I'm a 49ers fan this is ridiculous! Best coach in the league

well actually every fan base gets made fun of for some reason or another. even if all the speculation is 100% bogus, theres so much of it out there right now that whats wrong with having this conversation? most people want harbaugh to stay, but theres nothing wrong with running through some scenarios for down the line.
no there is not. the front office never had a plan to replace mooch so it is up to us to have a plan in case JH leaves,, of course my vote goes for gruden. if JH leaves and esp if gruden comes in , we know for sure roman will be gone!!! we do not miss a beat, you get a established coach coming in taking over a good team, it does not affect your ticket sales for a new stadium. you get a OC who knows something and we do not miss a beat
Since you guys are talking about coaches. What about Cowher? He has made it known that he would come back to the ideal situation. How could he not consider a championship ready 49ers team an ideal situation? Thoughts?
Originally posted by cciowa:
This is so fukking stupid! This is why people make fun of 49ers fans!! I'm a 49ers fan this is ridiculous! Best coach in the league

well actually every fan base gets made fun of for some reason or another. even if all the speculation is 100% bogus, theres so much of it out there right now that whats wrong with having this conversation? most people want harbaugh to stay, but theres nothing wrong with running through some scenarios for down the line.
no there is not. the front office never had a plan to replace mooch so it is up to us to have a plan in case JH leaves,, of course my vote goes for gruden. if JH leaves and esp if gruden comes in , we know for sure roman will be gone!!! we do not miss a beat, you get a established coach coming in taking over a good team, it does not affect your ticket sales for a new stadium. you get a OC who knows something and we do not miss a beat

gruden worries me. his career win % is like .540 and i wonder how he'd be viewed if he didnt roll into the super bowl playing the aging team he just left. hes getting a awful lot of mileage off of 1 win 11 years ago.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

1st off they had a plan after mooch it was just a s**tty one
B Gruden is not going to give up his TV gig so stop talking about him
and Fourthly this entire thing is silly
Lets see how the season pans out before we start firing and hiring people ....we got a good thing going here, no need to dissect the pros and cons ...Jim and Trent are adults and will co exist for the better of the team ...there is no need for them to be buddies , as long as THIS team and front office continues to improve , no need to blow something up that is already successful and still has potential to grow and improve
gruden worries me. his career win % is like .540 and i wonder how he'd be viewed if he didnt roll into the super bowl playing the aging team he just left. hes getting a awful lot of mileage off of 1 win 11 years ago.

Gruden would be ideal for bringing back the WCO and coaching up a QB within it and let's be real, he LOVES the 49ers. So as long as the defense staff was in tact and he added better ST coaching/in-game decisions, it could work. That said, the WCO may not be ideal for the strengths of this team esp. CK himself.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Gruden would be ideal for bringing back the WCO and coaching up a QB within it and let's be real, he LOVES the 49ers. So as long as the defense staff was in tact and he added better ST coaching/in-game decisions, it could work. That said, the WCO may not be ideal for the strengths of this team esp. CK himself.

yeah i dont think he is brutal, its just sometimes your bark can be bigger than your bite. him and cowher get this rub like if hired they'd be great from jump street. i'm not so sure about that. i also question how much of the staff would stay around if harbaugh left. wonder their loyalty towards him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:

i firmly disagree with bullet point number one, are you saying they planned to replace mooch with erickson all along? they had no plan,, zero
in regards to bullet point number two,, you could almost feel gruden drooling at the potential of his offense when he did games for us on tv and he could barely sustain his dislike for roman,, i think if there is one job that would draw him out, this would be it
in regards to bullet point number 3,, it gets worse and worse every day and it is no longer "silly" in my opinion. all of these stories are not media generate lies like some believe. to believe that would mean you are whistling past the end zone
Originally posted by NCommand:

I had high hopes for the WCO against the Bears two seasons ago, they were splashing in some vintage WCO running plays and looking like it would have been used a bit more down the road ...I was wrong ....but we need to have some elements of the WCO in our attack , if CK7 can master the WCO along with other offensive systems that Jim & Greg borrow from , then maybe he will justify the large contract he is reportedly seeking?
Originally posted by YungAce:

Bad F'N Ass. Is this your work?

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

i firmly disagree with bullet point number one, are you saying they planned to replace mooch with erickson all along? they had no plan,, zero
in regards to bullet point number two,, you could almost feel gruden drooling at the potential of his offense when he did games for us on tv and he could barely sustain his dislike for roman,, i think if there is one job that would draw him out, this would be it
in regards to bullet point number 3,, it gets worse and worse every day and it is no longer "silly" in my opinion. all of these stories are not media generate lies like some believe. to believe that would mean you are whistling past the end zone

OH yeah I forgot you know more than the team and believe everything you see on the internets

carry on

my bad
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

OH yeah I forgot you know more than the team and believe everything you see on the internets

carry on

my bad
you can just blow off multiple reports and stories as saying the media is lying and roman is smoking meth?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
FACT

Jim Harbaugh winning % .766

John Madden .752
Vince Lombardi .738

three straight NFCCG and a SB

anyone else in the history of forever say that?

This may be true for the NFC - but Marv Levy did it 4 straight SUPER BOWLS ...... does that make Levy better than Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs? History remembers all of those coaches much more favorably.

Is there a special "Three Straight NFCCG" Lombardi Trophy for that?

John has one...
Vince has NFL Championships....

No trophies for second place. JH has a better winning percentage than Bill Walsh. Now, who would like to have Bill Walsh back if it were at all possible?

Yep, thought so.

so you wanna get ride of him before he has a chance to win a SB is that it?

you can't win if you don't get there

No don't change the parameters of your original argument. This is about Harbaugh compared to coaches who haven't done what he has done historically. Stay with that ....

I could make the same argument about Marv Levy who did even better than Harbaugh and had a better team 4 straight seasons to the Super Bowl. I didn't say get rid of him - the name of this thread is "who would better replace him" not "do you want to get rid of him."

Someone tried to compare him to Gruden and said that Gruden was "overrated" after his "Super Bowl win" ....lol. You just can't gloss over the standard by which every team, organization, coach, QB and fan uses as a measuring stick for success.

Jim Harbaugh is the best thing to happen to the 49ers in the last two decades

FACT

One turnover away from going to a SB his 1st year
One play away from winning a SB his 2nd year
One play away from going back to the SB his 3rd year

all the talk of replacing him is stupid

I'd take Jim over any other coach in the game right now and he has the chance to be a legend

if you let him

carry on

my bad
you can just blow off multiple reports and stories as saying the media is lying and roman is smoking meth?

its amazing when you dont want something to be true how quickly the phrase " dont believe everything on the internet" gets muttered. the truth is these reports arent 100% true, but they also probably arent 0% true.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

carry on

my bad

I didn't say any of those things

why do people believe anything

no different then you say Gruden is watering at the mouth to jump on a coaching gig again

WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA

lol
Share 49ersWebzone