LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 176 users in the forums

Who would be the best choice to replace Harbaugh?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would be the best choice to replace Harbaugh?

Originally posted by Allx9er:

lol
JH will get a raise BUT not the one he's looking for.

Trent will still be the GM.

If we HAD to have a new HC it seems Shaw would be an excellent candidate. He's young and can relate to today's players.

Gruden is WAYYYYY too comfortable doing television as is Cower. Plenty of bucks, days off and easy work - why would anyone want to leave that?
In the interim, David Shaw but for what's best for CK and this offensive personnel, I'd go with Pete Carmichael (Saints OC). This style of offense best suits all of our play makers. With Lattimore, Hunter, James, we'd have HUGE numbers for receiving, both VD and McDonald would be used a ton and you'd see a more wide open attacking offense with more variety with Patton, Crabtree, Boldin, Baldwin, etc. We might see more of an emphasis on better pass protection as well...smaller, more athletic guys like Kilgore, maybe Looney, Boone @ tackle, Staley, etc. Maybe consider moving Davis inside?
Keep an eye on Peterson up in Washington. He did a hell of a great job up in Boise St. for a lot of years. If Harbaugh can last for a couple more years, Peterson maybe another coach like Shaw to look at out of the Pac12 coaching pool.......
the media hates harbaugh and is just trying to create drama out of nothing. i think this whole thing is silly and harbaugh will be our HC for the forseeable future. The only thing wrong with our team IMO is the OC
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by SoCold:
FACT

Jim Harbaugh winning % .766

John Madden .752
Vince Lombardi .738

three straight NFCCG and a SB

anyone else in the history of forever say that?

This may be true for the NFC - but Marv Levy did it 4 straight SUPER BOWLS ...... does that make Levy better than Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs? History remembers all of those coaches much more favorably.

Is there a special "Three Straight NFCCG" Lombardi Trophy for that?

John has one...
Vince has NFL Championships....

No trophies for second place. JH has a better winning percentage than Bill Walsh. Now, who would like to have Bill Walsh back if it were at all possible?

Yep, thought so.

so you wanna get ride of him before he has a chance to win a SB is that it?

you can't win if you don't get there
Players hated Tom Coughlin: Changes his attitude and wins the super bowl.

Players hated John Harbaugh: Changes his attitude and wins the super bowl.

Your move Jim.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Players hated Tom Coughlin: Changes his attitude and wins the super bowl.

Players hated John Harbaugh: Changes his attitude and wins the super bowl.

Your move Jim.
I like how everyone knows all the people feels they've never met and do not know

so many feels
Jim Tomsula
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jim Tomsula

he's kinda abusive I think the players hate him too

Jim Tomsula.
it amazing what winning 1 super bowl can do for you. jon grudens career winning % is like .540
This is so fukking stupid! This is why people make fun of 49ers fans!! I'm a 49ers fan this is ridiculous! Best coach in the league
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Broseph6:
This is so fukking stupid! This is why people make fun of 49ers fans!! I'm a 49ers fan this is ridiculous! Best coach in the league

now that's the fire we need

Originally posted by Broseph6:

well actually every fan base gets made fun of for some reason or another. even if all the speculation is 100% bogus, theres so much of it out there right now that whats wrong with having this conversation? most people want harbaugh to stay, but theres nothing wrong with running through some scenarios for down the line.
Share 49ersWebzone