There are 156 users in the forums

Enough hate on Jim/Trent-- focus hate on Ownership

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
It's not simply paying the man. Harbaugh wants more power, which would encroach on Baalke (and Paraag, to an extent).

I'm focusing my hate on f*ggots like PFT/Florio and LaCanfora. They're never again getting a single page view from me again. PFT = TMZ of football.

This. But to a greater extent the bungling Cleveland Browns owner. This guy keeps screwing up his own team and now he's doing it to others. There's no way these trade talks even if true even if close should've gotten to the public
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
It's not simply paying the man. Harbaugh wants more power, which would encroach on Baalke (and Paraag, to an extent).

I'm focusing my hate on f*ggots like PFT/Florio and LaCanfora. They're never again getting a single page view from me again. PFT = TMZ of football.

This. But to a greater extent the bungling Cleveland Browns owner. This guy keeps screwing up his own team and now he's doing it to others. There's no way these trade talks even if true even if close should've gotten to the public

3 people can keep a secret if 2 are dead. the point is eventually it was going to get out.
yeah...but who
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
OK...this has been bugging me for awhile...

Why pay him now? I mean, if they can come to an agreement, great. Thats' wonderful...but why is everyone is such an incredible hurry to give him a ton of money right now? He has TWO years left on his contract. Not one, but TWO. Pete Carroll has 1 year left. They didn't redo his deal last year.

It's not that I don't want Harbaugh to get a new contract, its just I'm wondering how Jed York somehow because a villain here.

The media and we fans are blowing all of this out or proportion. "We HAVE to extend him!!!". "The sky is falling!!!!".

Chill the hell out peoples. He's locked up for 2 years. He ain't going back to college without a SB ring.

On a side note, I actually SAW Jed today. He was walking into a local restraunt (and I use the term loosely because its actually a converted house) in Alviso called Maria Elenas.
I think a lot of ppl are looking for an extension now b/c it will basically put all this drama to rest.

Yeah, but WHOSE drama? The media? The fans?

The only drama I've seen if from peeps who are paid to CREATE drama and from Fans who think the sky is falling. NOTHING HAS CHANGED between now and when we heard the report. NOTHING. WE may have more insight into it, but the 49ers have been aware of a looming contract extension ALOT longer than that.

Do people really think that Jed is just sitting on his heels and doing nothing?
Originally posted by crabman82:

Why pay him now? I mean, if they can come to an agreement, great. Thats' wonderful...but why is everyone is such an incredible hurry to give him a ton of money right now? He has TWO years left on his contract. Not one, but TWO. Pete Carroll has 1 year left. They didn't redo his deal last year.

It's not that I don't want Harbaugh to get a new contract, its just I'm wondering how Jed York somehow because a villain here.

The media and we fans are blowing all of this out or proportion. "We HAVE to extend him!!!". "The sky is falling!!!!".

Chill the hell out peoples. He's locked up for 2 years. He ain't going back to college without a SB ring.

On a side note, I actually SAW Jed today. He was walking into a local restraunt (and I use the term loosely because its actually a converted house) in Alviso called Maria Elenas.

on the flip side, why make him wait? as far as pete carroll not getting extended last offseason, he was coming off of his 1st winning season in 3 years there. which is not anything like harbaughs first 3 seasons. not a good example in my mind. you got 1 coach with 1 winning season in 3 years and another with 3 final 4 appearances in 3 years. pete also makes more than jim and was higher up the food chain in coaches salary last offseason.

Who said they will?

The fact that he needs an extension isn't news. It was talked about during the season. This isn't new.

Now all of the sudden work of fiction pops up about Harbaugh almost getting traded and peeps lose their mind because he has to be extended NOW DAMMIT!!!!

Relax. Nothing has changed.

The media is in full tilt spin because they need something to report and this one is juicy.
Who said they will?

The fact that he needs an extension isn't news. It was talked about during the season. This isn't new.

Now all of the sudden work of fiction pops up about Harbaugh almost getting traded and peeps lose their mind because he has to be extended NOW DAMMIT!!!!

The media is in full tilt spin because they need something to report and this one is juicy.

simple question marvin..we're both SBL owners

should york make jim the highest paid coach in the nfl right now?

i say yes, jim (and players/trent etc) got that stadium built for free for the yorks

what do you say?
Originally posted by iLL49er:

marvin...i don't care when they pay him but harbaugh won't sign a deal unless it makes him the highest paid coach in the nfl

if we don't win the superbowl next yr...york won't suddenly make him the highest paid coach in the nfl

if he doesn't..would u be pissed?

cuz i know ur a SBL owner.....as am i, i bought it cuz of the success harbaugh was having..he deserves to be the highest paid for helping the york's build a free stadium

A couple things there...

1) Then that is a conversation for NEXT YEAR. If York doesn't make him the highest paid coach in the NFL THIS year and they don't win a SB, then they can look at it then and see. BTW, Jed has never said that. Thats what has been reported, but he's never come out and said that.

2) If Harbaugh isn't back, I won't be pissed, but I'll be dissappointed and I'll look forward to seeing who the next guy up is.

3) I'm an SBL holder as well. i did NOT but those SBLs though because of Harbaugh. I got them because I'm a 49ERS fan regardless of who the coach or players are and whether they are 0-16 ot 16-0. If you got SBLs because you expected Harbaugh to be here for 20 years, you were proceeding on a faulty notion.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Who said they will?

simple question marvin..we're both SBL owners

should york make jim the highest paid coach in the nfl right now?

i say yes, jim (and players/trent etc) got that stadium built for free for the yorks

what do you say?

A couple things again...

1) Dunno. York should pay him what he thinks Harbaugh is worth...no more, no less. This is how they treat players and it's how they should treat coaches. More importantly though, why is everyone villainizing him for not ripping up a contract 2 full years early? People act like he's such a horrible owner when the guy has a FIVE year contract. hell, these negotiations began after year TWO. York is under ZERO obligation to rip up a contract that early. The fact that he's willing to TALK about an extension is a sign that he's a GOOD owner, not the other way around.

2) Big, fat, hairy BS in the "Free Stadium because of Harbaugh" notion. Are sales better because the team is winning? Of course. Would they likely have sold anyway? IMO, yes. I was always going to SBLs in a new stadium and that was LONG before harbaugh was hired. A new stadium is a huge selling point. Its will be the "it" thing.

I'm sure the team winning lately has helped in a big way, but saying Harbaugh got them a free stadium is totally bogus and a gross exaggeration of the truth.
i know people hate kawakami but this was not a bad read at all

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/02/25/how-did-the-jim-harbaugh-trent-baalke-breach-open-up-lets-go-back-through-it-owen-marecic-a-j-jenkins-aldon-smith/
Coming off of a 10 year drought... This guy turned things around very quickly. Has he won a Super Bowl? No. Is there other people than can coach? Sure.. But he actually was the guy who turned this organization around. Jim has proven himself. Why not pay him for what he has done and will continue to do. I'm not ready for someone else to come in and mess things up here and go through 3-4 coaches to find the right one because I know if you let this guy walk, what are the odds of getting a hit on a coach on the first try after letting another good one go?

Who said they will?

Agreed. Still not one credible source has come forward--just people parroting Florio. And for the whole "where's there's smoke there's fire" crowd inbox me.

I have some Iraqi WMD's going for cheap.
A couple things again...

1) Dunno. York should pay him what he thinks Harbaugh is worth...no more, no less. This is how they treat players and it's how they should treat coaches. More importantly though, why is everyone villainizing him for not ripping up a contract 2 full years early? People act like he's such a horrible owner when the guy has a FIVE year contract. hell, these negotiations began after year TWO. York is under ZERO obligation to rip up a contract that early. The fact that he's willing to TALK about an extension is a sign that he's a GOOD owner, not the other way around.

2) Big, fat, hairy BS in the "Free Stadium because of Harbaugh" notion. Are sales better because the team is winning? Of course. Would they likely have sold anyway? IMO, yes. I was always going to SBLs in a new stadium and that was LONG before harbaugh was hired. A new stadium is a huge selling point. Its will be the "it" thing.

I'm sure the team winning lately has helped in a big way, but saying Harbaugh got them a free stadium is totally bogus and a gross exaggeration of the truth.

Yeah, the "free stadium" thing is bit of a stretch. The York's worked their a$$es off and paid out of pocket to finance the stadium referendum which was passed a year and a half before Harbaugh was hired. The teams success on the field will maybe accelerate the debt service on the construction loans.

That said I think Harbaugh has out-performed his deal and he deserves a raise into top 5 status, but I'd hesitate to make him #1 without a ring
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
A couple things again...

Yeah, the "free stadium" thing is bit of a stretch. The York's worked their a$$es off and paid out of pocket to finance the stadium referendum which was passed a year and a half before Harbaugh was hired. The teams success on the field will maybe accelerate the debt service on the construction loans.

That said I think Harbaugh has out-performed his deal and he deserves a raise into top 5 status, but I'd hesitate to make him #1 without a ring

why though? i dont understand this logic, its not like theres some sort of cap, or that another coach within months couldnt leap frog him in salary. i'm of the opinion that if he is your guy then pay him, the difference between being top 5 and #1 paid coach is less than a million dollars.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
A couple things again...

why though? i dont understand this logic, its not like theres some sort of cap, or that another coach within months couldnt leap frog him in salary. i'm of the opinion that if he is your guy then pay him, the difference between being top 5 and #1 paid coach is less than a million dollars.
If you make him the top paid coach, what will he want if he wins the Superbowl?
Young York needs to take some lessons from Eddie.

PAY YOUR PEOPLE!
[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on Feb 25, 2014 at 3:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone