There are 231 users in the forums

Enough hate on Jim/Trent-- focus hate on Ownership

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Anyone that favors Baalke over Harbaugh is crazy. Easier to replace a suit than it is a field general coach.

Call me crazy then. I like both but Baalke aint some empty suit. He is a former scout turned GM. He is a fine GM. Paraag is the suit and he is like wizardry with the cap. Together they are at the foundation of what Jed has built here. Harbaugh chose this "perfect competitive opportunity" over MIA and their money because he knew this as well. We had the ideal roster already in place for his system. Call your young owner crazy as well because this is his stated preferred hierarchy. Owner president GM HC. The GM hires the HC! You can't let any coach come in and buck the structure you as the paying owner prefer. Jim is an excellent HC but fact is there has been no team more talented than the 49ers the last three seasons. Now ask yourself do you want Jim managing the roster like he managed the backup QB position? I think I will stick with Baalke in that role and trust that he can hire the right coach for the job and he already has...Jim Harbaugh. Eli hit Plaxico for the game winner but it was the NYG DL that lit up Brady all game. Just because Jim got the cameras in him doesn't mean we can't see who are the guys that put the players in place the picks in the coffers and the cap dollars in the bank! Without them Jim had not nearly as much to work with. Trent and Paraag are fundamental to our success. It starts with them but none of it is possible without Jim. This is why folk defend Jim is because without him we lost with him we win. But what folk haven't seen yet thankfully is that if we lost Paraag and Baalke our talent base will erode back to the middle of the pack and in this division we will have a hard time making playoffs even with one of the best HC in the NFL. But folk haven't seen this here yet!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Mar 1, 2014 at 11:01 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
I love Harbaugh as our coach, I love his attitude about the game and the team. I love his passion for the rules and for them to be applied properly. I don't mind the sideline antics when the refs are effin blowing it and screwing us out of wins. And I agree, a good fo is more important than a good hc because a good fo will find a good hc, and with a talented roster it's more likely a good coach will succeed.
Agree!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Not sure if anyone REALLY knows what's going on.

Money or Power or both???

My gut feeling is it's much more about money. I also think [nothing really to go on but a feeling] JH is playing ead games.

The FO seems to be unaffected at this point. To them it's strictly business w/Zero emotion.

In the end, JH will be our HC next season and be resigned for more loot.

Trent will continue his stellar job as GM and we win the Super Bowl.

I agree that we will pay the man! It is the only logical outcome given Jim's record his first three seasons. I know I would
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Those years were so bad Money wise..there was nothing the Yorks could do. Uncle Eddie left them in Salary Cap Hell

SD has no clue on what he talks about

Although Eddie was the owner and could tow the line, he let the front office do the work-which is what Jed is doing, get the right people in place and let them run the show. So those days were in actuality the fault of favorite son Dwight Clark and Carmen Policy. Eddie was loyal to a fault as those two had served him loyally and well.

Originally posted by crabman82:
yeah, nobodies perfect..."rick mirer is the next joe montana" -bill walsh

Well, consider this, the space time continuem-haha, you never know, Walsh may be right in that he had the talent, but you need a good coach. Walsh was thinking he could mold him, problem was, Walsh was not the coach, someone else was. It was one of those, I can, so others should be able to deals. Look around the league there are those that are good QB, go to another team or coaches change and suck and vice versa..
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The Yorks told Donahue to make those cuts. He was the fall guy for them. He didn't just come in on his own and say I want to cut all the good players.

Too much blame or credit- they didn't tell him to do anything-the niners were still paying for the cap with dead money and etc. How can you blame them when it was policy and clark? Just like a lot of teams now sometimes have to do- a purge. Like Dallas with Demarcus Ware-dude makes a ton and although injury prone the last two years, if he gets back to health still dangerous, but they might have to cut him because of cap purposes.
Here's the thing for all you folks who say just get rid of Baalke and pay JH whatever he wants. Whats to keep him from jumping ship later on anyway? If he collides with Baalke, who is to say he won't collide with the next GM? Who is to say as GM he will succeed as a GM? Here is the thing-he may not then be able to give enough of his time as a coach. He keeps sying pay the man-without thinking about the cap. He will then collide with PM on negotiations and money. Then say get rid of PM-then what. The reason the niners can remain competitive is because of PMs top flight negotiation skills. He is considered one of the top executives in NFL circles.

Also if anyone can do the job then why can't some coaches win with the talent they have? You folks bring up Terry D. as GM, there are others-it is a mixed balance. Rare are the Bils (Walsh and Bel.) who can do everything.

Harbaugh can recognize talent sure, but attach money value to it-he hasn't had to do that. Baalke-has shown with PM to know when to and who to extend and keep without overpaying and putting us in cap hell. People don't like it when certain people leave, but tough decisions have to be made. I really doubt JH wants any part of that- cause then he won't have the players confidence- cause then they say to him, you like me then pay me. With Baalke, Baalke can be the bad guy with PM and JH keeps a good relation with the players. Sure Baalke made mistakes (are any of us perfect? if you say yes, you are full of BS ), but he made more good decisions, let Dashon go and not over pay, thought Taylor Mays was going to be a mistake-he was right. Got a great deal for AS, while getting cap relief, etc
Originally posted by WildBill:
Here's the thing for all you folks who say just get rid of Baalke and pay JH whatever he wants. Whats to keep him from jumping ship later on anyway? If he collides with Baalke, who is to say he won't collide with the next GM? Who is to say as GM he will succeed as a GM? Here is the thing-he may not then be able to give enough of his time as a coach. He keeps sying pay the man-without thinking about the cap. He will then collide with PM on negotiations and money. Then say get rid of PM-then what. The reason the niners can remain competitive is because of PMs top flight negotiation skills. He is considered one of the top executives in NFL circles.

Also if anyone can do the job then why can't some coaches win with the talent they have? You folks bring up Terry D. as GM, there are others-it is a mixed balance. Rare are the Bils (Walsh and Bel.) who can do everything.

Harbaugh can recognize talent sure, but attach money value to it-he hasn't had to do that. Baalke-has shown with PM to know when to and who to extend and keep without overpaying and putting us in cap hell. People don't like it when certain people leave, but tough decisions have to be made. I really doubt JH wants any part of that- cause then he won't have the players confidence- cause then they say to him, you like me then pay me. With Baalke, Baalke can be the bad guy with PM and JH keeps a good relation with the players. Sure Baalke made mistakes (are any of us perfect? if you say yes, you are full of BS ), but he made more good decisions, let Dashon go and not over pay, thought Taylor Mays was going to be a mistake-he was right. Got a great deal for AS, while getting cap relief, etc

Love this!
GREAT post WildBill!
I'm glad they fired Scot McCloughan, he was the weakest link
As long as Baalke job is safe if haurdball gets more power, then pay him and allow him to run things

Share 49ersWebzone