LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 338 users in the forums

Enough hate on Jim/Trent-- focus hate on Ownership

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Existence:
How about hating no one, but recognizing that sh*t happens in any profession that combines big egos with big money and is covered 24/7 by multiple forms of invasive media?

This.

so i take it you side w/ Jed when he says to be the highest paid he's gotta win the superbowl first?

cuz this issue is only one thing, harbaugh wants to be the highest paid...and as far as i'm concerned his case is made on that stadium he just built them for free w/ SBL sales
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by pd24:
What if they had went with another coach that year and won the Superbowl? Does it get funded?

that's a big hypothetical..lets deal in reality cuz another coach (dingleberry) failed miserably w/ this roster as did nolan
Yours is a big hypothetical also. There is no way to tell how many games we would have won or how many SBL's they would have sold if Harbaugh wasn't the coach.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
This isn't about the Yorks, per se...it's about a power struggle between Harbaugh and Baalke. Jed started the effort to give Harbaugh a raise...JH's agent wants him to be among the highest paid head coaches in the league, but personally I think that's a bit premature. His first 3 seasons have been great, especially given the Niners hadn't sniffed the playoffs in so long. That said, I don't think Harbaugh deserves to be paid like Belichick...who has 3 Lombardi's and has kept his team among the elite of the league for over a decade.

why not? highest paid is a changing market....and none of the other coaches built a free stadium for their owners

i guarantee you david dunn is saying this to jed
The stadium would have gotten done without Harbaugh, they were too far along in the process.

Maybe? It didn't hurt that he was making an instant impact. Stadium deals break down all the time. Harbaugh insured this one did not. I wouldn't give him full credit but I am glad he did what he did, when he did it.
Black Thought, Boots Riley and Talib Kweli

Not going to hate on ownership. The York's have done a great job bringing in talented people into the organization, and getting the new stadium built.

Harbaugh is a difficult person to deal with. John is on record saying Jim has alienated most people he's met in his life. That's nothing new. I think Jed York has been very clear that he believes coaches coach, GM's handle personnel, and ownership pays for whatever they need.

This is not about money for Jim. Any beef with Baalke has to stem from the personnel side of things. Harbaugh wants more control of the entire football operation, and of course that is going to cause problems with Baalke, and complicate his contract negotiations.

History has proven HC/GMs fail miserably. That is simply not an efficient way to run the team. I applaud ownership for taking a hard line stance on that. I don't want to lose Jim or Trent. Despite all the reports, I don't see it happening. We're winning games and are so close to winning the SB.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM ]
You never heard that because Jed never said that. Post a link or quit spreading lies.

This, that guy is making stuff up.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Not going to hate on ownership. The York's have done a great job bringing in talented people into the organization, and getting the new stadium built.

Harbaugh is a difficult person to deal with. John is on record saying Jim has alienated most people he's met in his life. That's nothing new. I think Jed York has been very clear that he believes coaches coach, GM's handle personnel, and ownership pays for whatever they need.

This is not about money for Jim. Any beef with Baalke has to stem from the personnel side of things. Harbaugh wants more control of the entire football operation, and of course that is going to cause problems with Baalke, and complicate his contract negotiations.

History has proven HC/GMs fail miserably. That is simply not an efficient way to run the team. I applaud ownership for taking a hard line stance on that. I don't want to lose Jim or Trent. Despite all the reports, I don't see it happening. We're winning games and are so close to winning the SB.

where do you get the impression that jim wants more power? he wants to be the highest paid HC in the nfl

york has said that jim knows he can't work 18hrs as a HC and 18hrs as a GM and respect highly the work baalke does

this is about being the highest paid coach in the nfl

he has his case..he just built them a free stadium
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
This isn't about the Yorks, per se...it's about a power struggle between Harbaugh and Baalke. Jed started the effort to give Harbaugh a raise...JH's agent wants him to be among the highest paid head coaches in the league, but personally I think that's a bit premature. His first 3 seasons have been great, especially given the Niners hadn't sniffed the playoffs in so long. That said, I don't think Harbaugh deserves to be paid like Belichick...who has 3 Lombardi's and has kept his team among the elite of the league for over a decade.

sean payton is currently the leagues highest paid coach per season from what i can find. do you think harbaugh is in his class? yes i know he has a ring and harbaugh doesnt, but do you not think they're in the same group? what about reid? chip kelly? jeff fisher? these guys all make more than him and havent won anything.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You never heard that because Jed never said that. Post a link or quit spreading lies.

This, that guy is making stuff up.

what? lol, the interview is on knbr...go listen to all their jed york podcasts either end of december or early january

Gotta put this on JH and Trent. Can't blame ownership as of right now. It will be on ownership if this continues to fester though. They need to drag both of them into the office and get it right.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gotta put this on JH and Trent. Can't blame ownership as of right now. It will be on ownership if this continues to fester though. They need to drag both of them into the office and get it right.

jesus, are people reading what the beat writers report? this has nothing to do w/ JH/Trent..JH wants to be the highest paid coach in the nfl, that's what the stalemate is

York isn't ready to pay him that until he wins a superbowl

Jim has a damn good case based on the fact he just built york a stadium for free thru SBL sales soaring w/ each of his winning seasons
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
jesus, are people reading what the beat writers report? this has nothing to do w/ JH/Trent..JH wants to be the highest paid coach in the nfl, that's what the stalemate is

York isn't ready to pay him that until he wins a superbowl

Jim has a damn good case based on the fact he just built york a stadium for free thru SBL sales soaring w/ each of his winning seasons

So Harabugh "built" the stadium in your opinion... Does that mean the players did not "build" the stadium? It is all on Harbaugh?
Originally posted by SofaKing:

where do you get the impression that jim wants more power? he wants to be the highest paid HC in the nfl

york has said that jim knows he can't work 18hrs as a HC and 18hrs as a GM and respect highly the work baalke does

this is about being the highest paid coach in the nfl

he has his case..he just built them a free stadium

I get that impression based on his rift with Baalke. That's the big headline. Baalke is the personnel guy. Any beef between them means there is big disagreements in player acquisitions.

I'm just connecting the dots here. Why do you think it's been so difficult to extend Harbaugh despite all the success? It should be a no-brainer for both sides. The problem is that when the HC wants more power, that complicates the contract negotiations.

Of course Harbaugh wants more money, but money is not the big issue. It's giving him more power, thereby diminishing Baalke's role on the team, or completely getting rid of him altogether.
OK...this has been bugging me for awhile...

Why pay him now? I mean, if they can come to an agreement, great. Thats' wonderful...but why is everyone is such an incredible hurry to give him a ton of money right now? He has TWO years left on his contract. Not one, but TWO. Pete Carroll has 1 year left. They didn't redo his deal last year.

It's not that I don't want Harbaugh to get a new contract, its just I'm wondering how Jed York somehow became a villain here.

The media and we fans are blowing all of this out or proportion. "We HAVE to extend him!!!". "The sky is falling!!!!".

Chill the hell out peoples. He's locked up for 2 years. He ain't going back to college without a SB ring.

On a side note, I actually SAW Jed today. He was walking into a local restraunt (and I use the term loosely because its actually a converted house) in Alviso called Maria Elenas.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone