LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

49ERS D

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Give them MAD PROPS. They GET IT done as a TEAM!!! You got Willis and Bowman and Both Smith Brothers and Whitner den Reid and T-Brown and Brook.

How bout Ray Mac and Dorsey!!!!. Just give props to all the Players on the D
what about Brooks. And also #63(Arie Spears) and SK51
I don't know, when I was reading the Gameday Thread I kept seeing "OMG SOFT D" ... "FIRE FANGIO" ... "OUR CORNERBACKS ARE AWFUL!!!" ... "WHERE'S THE PASS RUSH".
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I liked the play where Justin Smith basically pushed the Carolina OL back several feet, and basically made him tackle Tolbert in the backfield to force 4th down.
still cant believe they shut out the Panthers in the 2nd half
Dem some BADAZZ DUDEZ
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:

We shut them out in 3 of 4 quarters.
Originally posted by kray28:

We shut them out in 3 of 4 quarters.

Craaaaazy.

I thought that Smitty bomb was the floodgates cracking, but then turned out that's all they had.
Craaaaazy.

I thought that Smitty bomb was the floodgates cracking, but then turned out that's all they had.

Yup. Brown had perfect covarage but it was a better a pass.After that nothing zero..zilch
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Craaaaazy.

Yup. Brown had perfect covarage but it was a better a pass.After that nothing zero..zilch

yea that pass was perfect!!!

Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for xtm059.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

I couldn't even be mad. I looked at it on the replay and thought, "Well, f**k. Let's hope that doesn't happen again."
Mad Props. MUCH BETTER than last year's playoff run. Need 2 more games like this and # 6!!!

Could playing without Rogers and Goldson be the difference? Or Justin Smith's shoulder issue of last year? Maybe a combination of things.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 12, 2014 at 11:34 PM ]
To be honest, this D needs to step it up a notch further in SEA. They need to spy Russell Wilson. If we don't then he will run all over us.

But with that said, go D
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

I couldn't even be mad. I looked at it on the replay and thought, "Well, f**k. Let's hope that doesn't happen again."

Glad I wasn't the only one. I was the same way... "Well f**k, can't really have better defense than that." It was a perfect pass and Steve Smith is so good at waiting until the last second to get his hands up so the CB is slow to look back and slow to get his hands up.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
To be honest, this D needs to step it up a notch further in SEA. They need to spy Russell Wilson. If we don't then he will run all over us.

But with that said, go D

Cam Newton isn't exactly a slug, and we handled him alright. The key will be not letting Willow get outside the tackles. That's the OLB's job to contain him so that he is forced to pass from the pocket. If he cuts up the middle, he will get drilled by #52 or #53.
Share 49ersWebzone