LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 163 users in the forums

What is Kaeps worth....?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Kaeps worth....?

Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by crabman82:
oh the irony here, mike florio ripping lowell cohn for taking pot shots at kaepernick in a article related to his contract extension

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/06/kaepernicks-mom-takes-issue-with-columnists-criticism/

That Cohn piece was disrespectful and over the line. Can the 49ers ban him from the facility and games? I hope they do. That was a personal attack and something should be done about it.

I was dying at the irony as well. Sleezy on BOTH their parts.
Kap is worth what the market will bear. We may look with disgust at irresponsible owners that have paid the likes of Flacco and Romo $18 million or more per season, but those owners have, for better or worse, set the market for top-half QBs. Will Kap be willing to accept less to stay in SF? Maybe. But his worth is defined by the market and the market is dictating that he be paid in the range of $18 to $20 million per year. There are a number of teams that wouldn't hesitate to sign him at that range.

If the 49ers don't want to pay a QB that amount, then they are making a philosophical decision to pay less than market for the QB position in order to have more money to spend on the rest of the roster. That's not a bad strategy if the next QB comes in and delivers as well or better than Kap or even A. Smith, but given that QB is by far the most important position on the team, in my opinion we are playing with fire if we expect another young QB or journeyman will give us similar performance.

It is also worth noting that since the 1988 season, of the 26 super bowl winners, 21 have been won by teams with a top half QB. The exceptions - Hostetler (1990), Rypien (1991), Dilfer (2000), B. Johnson (2002), and Flacco (2012). You may disagree with Eli Manning being included as a top half QB but even he isn't, then 19 of 26 winners have been what I'd call "elite" QBs.
Originally posted by NCommand:
oh the irony here, mike florio ripping lowell cohn for taking pot shots at kaepernick in a article related to his contract extension

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/06/kaepernicks-mom-takes-issue-with-columnists-criticism/

That Cohn piece was disrespectful and over the line. Can the 49ers ban him from the facility and games? I hope they do. That was a personal attack and something should be done about it.

That article was actually written by Michael David Smith. You guys are giving Florio too much credit. We all know Cohn does this to get a reaction because he's a horrible writer as is his son. But I agree what an attack. What is it these days with the media and the 49ers?
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Originally posted by NCommand:

That article was actually written by Michael David Smith. You guys are giving Florio too much credit. We all know Cohn does this to get a reaction because he's a horrible writer as is his son. But I agree what an attack. What is it these days with the media and the 49ers?

As the great Bill Walsh once said, "they want you to fail". The better a team is the more the media wants you to fail. If you are good and you play well, it isn't a story. If you are REALLY good then they want there to be dirt to report on.

Florio and Cohn are equitable journalists. That is to say they take turns trying to out do one another in their douchery.
Pay the man ! ! !

Or else he might sign with the Jaguars in 2 years
How quickly many forget. The Seahawks managed to do a pretty good job bottling up Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl, right after a 49ers game in which Kaep demonstrated some considerable talent. Granted, the way the game ended will haunt the 49ers and Kaepernick, after watching those two games back to back you can't help but ask yourself the question, "How good is this kid?" He made some bone-headed plays but CK also made more than his share of amazing plays. You take Colin out of that game entirely and that offense isn't going anywhere. Gore? Nothing. Davis? Nothing.

I'm not suggesting he is better than Peyton Manning, rather that Kaepernick has demonstrable talent and the 49ers would be wise to lock him up.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bzborow1:
How quickly many forget. The Seahawks managed to do a pretty good job bottling up Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl, right after a 49ers game in which Kaep demonstrated some considerable talent. Granted, the way the game ended will haunt the 49ers and Kaepernick, after watching those two games back to back you can't help but ask yourself the question, "How good is this kid?" He made some bone-headed plays but CK also made more than his share of amazing plays. You take Colin out of that game entirely and that offense isn't going anywhere. Gore? Nothing. Davis? Nothing.

I'm not suggesting he is better than Peyton Manning, rather that Kaepernick has demonstrable talent and the 49ers would be wise to lock him up.

that bullet pass to crabs in the sea game was INSANE
Originally posted by Amir:

[ Edited by Jakemall on Mar 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
OMG he sucks.

OMG he sucks.

these guys cant even tip the cap on some of the good plays he made in that game, like the pass to crabs you referenced. its all about that 1 pass that was off by a foot.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

You don't seem to be able to stand by and watch someone praise Colin Kaepernick without rushing to your keyboard to remind us of one of his failures. What's that about?

Are you talking about the bullet pass to Boldin that Earl Thomas couldn't react to in time for a TD? That was an absolutely amazing pass and catch against the best secondary in the league.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crake49:
You don't seem to be able to stand by and watch someone praise Colin Kaepernick without rushing to your keyboard to remind us of one of his failures. What's that about?

Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

some people call them hidden agendas, but this one is pretty obvious.
Share 49ersWebzone