LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 305 users in the forums

KNBR should get someone else to interview harbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
i try to listen to knbr and 95.7 at night to hear some 9ers talk on the radio and its pretty rare u ever get a host who is talking 9ers the whole time

these radio jocks in the bay love to talk about stupid crab like high school football and stanford football and cal football and st mary's basketball and all types of other garbage when all they should be talking is 9ers right now

maybe their metrics say the fans really want to hear them talk about all these other garbage topics, that'd mean the bay area isn't ruled by the 9ers...and i find that hard to believe. the bay's #1 team is has and always will be the 9ers yet these radio stations focus on the other teams

I love the Niners but the last thing I want is to hear 49ers alllll day. That's why I like 95.7, they'll hit mostly 49ers/Raiders and NFL during this part of the year, but then they'll also give you a good amount of Warriors, plus sprinkle in some Giants/A's/MLB.

my sense of it is 20% 9ers, 30% giants, 20% warriors, 20% raiders 10% college/highschoo/other trash

it should be 60-70% NFL talk this time of the year, whether its raiders or 9ers

who teh fck cares about the giants or the warriors right now...its early in the nba season and baseball is done

and the raiders are irrelevant so it should be dominated by 9ers talk
Honestly, I don't mind either. I just cycle through KNBR 680, KNBR 1050 and The Game until I hear SOMEONE talk Niners...
no its not, its mainly concentrated in the city where the transient fake fan base exists........the surrounding bay is 9er empire, always has been always will be

c'mon

You're REALLY underestimating the Giants fan base throughout Nor Cal. Its as big as the Niner fanbase. Also, similar to the Niners, Giants have a presence throughout the nation.
Originally posted by sacniner:
no its not, its mainly concentrated in the city where the transient fake fan base exists........the surrounding bay is 9er empire, always has been always will be

c'mon

You're REALLY underestimating the Giants fan base throughout Nor Cal. Its as big as the Niner fanbase. Also, similar to the Niners, Giants have a presence throughout the nation.

Absolutely correct. The Giants fan base in Norcal is freaking enormous
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Dec 20, 2013 at 11:03 AM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

and in so cal, too. But that fact is irreverent in this thread.
my sense of it is 20% 9ers, 30% giants, 20% warriors, 20% raiders 10% college/highschoo/other trash

who teh fck cares about the giants or the warriors right now...its early in the nba season and baseball is done

This. It's FOOTBALL season, KNBR! And, KNBR is the Niners' flagship station...should be 60-70% Niners + NFL talk right now and much less talk this time of year about MLB, NBA, college sports, etc.
BTW, Greg Cosell is coming on with Larry shortly to talk 49ers/NFL
Fitz and Brooks ftw!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by sacniner:

c'mon

eh, its mostly bandwagon..its not a rabid loyal following. when they fall off, the following goes with them.

my sense has always been the 9ers have the strongest fan base in the bay area..its a football area, the city is different, its transient but the surrounding bay is 9ers going back decades....it ain't the giants
i try to listen to knbr and 95.7 at night to hear some 9ers talk on the radio and its pretty rare u ever get a host who is talking 9ers the whole time

these radio jocks in the bay love to talk about stupid crab like high school football and stanford football and cal football and st mary's basketball and all types of other garbage when all they should be talking is 9ers right now

maybe their metrics say the fans really want to hear them talk about all these other garbage topics, that'd mean the bay area isn't ruled by the 9ers...and i find that hard to believe. the bay's #1 team is has and always will be the 9ers yet these radio stations focus on the other teams

I love the Niners but the last thing I want is to hear 49ers alllll day. That's why I like 95.7, they'll hit mostly 49ers/Raiders and NFL during this part of the year, but then they'll also give you a good amount of Warriors, plus sprinkle in some Giants/A's/MLB.

You're not listening during the day then, because they rarely, if ever, talk college...they barely even talked Stanford day of/day after that huge game vs Oregon. And 30% Giants, on 95.7? No, certainly not right now. And the Warriors are a regional team, very pertinent when it is basketball season...first from the standpoint of lofty expectations they had, and now from the viewpoint of "what's wrong with them?".

I've been listening today since 6am...besides their weekly talks with Patrick Willis and Joe Staley, there's also been Matt Maiocco and no shortage of talking about 49ers and the final game at Candlestick. And right now they're talking about Harbaugh. Do not know where you're getting your info from, listening to an hour of one show at night?

You're not listening during the day then, because they rarely, if ever, talk college...they barely even talked Stanford day of/day after that huge game vs Oregon. And 30% Giants, on 95.7? No, certainly not right now. And the Warriors are a regional team, very pertinent when it is basketball season...first from the standpoint of lofty expectations they had, and now from the viewpoint of "what's wrong with them?".

I've been listening today since 6am...besides their weekly talks with Patrick Willis and Joe Staley, there's also been Matt Maiocco and no shortage of talking about 49ers and the final game at Candlestick. And right now they're talking about Harbaugh. Do not know where you're getting your info from, listening to an hour of one show at night?

i listen 3pm time and also later at night around 7pm

c'mon, yes today is football friday so you're going to get more football talk but lets not kid ourselves...they don't focus on the 9ers enough

i listen 3pm time and also later at night around 7pm

c'mon, yes today is football friday so you're going to get more football talk but lets not kid ourselves...they don't focus on the 9ers enough

Sorry, but you're just way off...besides regular talks with Willis, Staley, Baalke, Jerry Rice, multiple segments with Maiocco, throughout the week they have many "football" segments (e.g. Matt Millen, Football Hour) and besides the NFL they talk 49ers. And that's just with guests, doesn't include when the hosts bring up a 49er topic. Not sure how much more you need...it's a for-profit sports radio program, they do need to offer some balance and variety.

What you want is 49ers 24/7...start your own terrestrial radio station with that format and you'll be out business in about a month.
Sorry, but you're just way off...besides regular talks with Willis, Staley, Baalke, Jerry Rice, multiple segments with Maiocco, throughout the week they have many "football" segments (e.g. Matt Millen, Football Hour) and besides the NFL they talk 49ers. And that's just with guests, doesn't include when the hosts bring up a 49er topic. Not sure how much more you need...it's a for-profit sports radio program, they do need to offer some balance and variety.

What you want is 49ers 24/7...start your own terrestrial radio station with that format and you'll be out business in about a month.

no i don't want a 24/7 9ers station, i live on the east coast now and its a whole diff type of sports talk...its all nfl and the local teams all day in the cities here
Both stations don't know how to talk to him

no i don't want a 24/7 9ers station, i live on the east coast now and its a whole diff type of sports talk...its all nfl and the local teams all day in the cities here

All I can say is listen more often, because they are NFL-heavy throughout every day of the week this time of year....or at least go to their podcast page because I bet it's littered with NFL/49ers segments and will give you an idea of just how much NFL they do cover.

After many years of KNBR and briefly trying other shows like Jim Rome, I was just sick & tired of sports radio and for the most part stopped listening for a good 10 years. But then a couple years ago a friend told me about 95.7 and I'm glad I started listening.
Share 49ersWebzone