LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

Niners will win the NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Assuming the Niners win out and get to 12-4, the only way we win the division is if the Seahawks have five losses, or lose to the Cardinals while going 12-4. If they lose to the Saints, us and Giants they would still be the division winner on tiebreaker.

Play around with this:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit:
Assuming the Niners win out and get to 12-4, the only way we win the division is if the Seahawks have five losses, or lose to the Cardinals while going 12-4. If they lose to the Saints, us and Giants they would still be the division winner on tiebreaker.

Play around with this:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Yup. Both scenarios are highly unlikely. No way the Seahawks close the year 1-4. That's just not happening. They're too good a team.

I only see one plausible way to win the division. We must win out, of course. The Seahawks must lose to the Saints, 49ers, and Cardinals. Both teams finish 12-4, but we win the division based on NFCW record (5-1 vs 4-2).

It's possible, but let's not get our hopes up. Plan for the wildcard.
We tie, we win the division period
Originally posted by 707Niners:

Lol......NOPE exclamation point.
Originally posted by 707Niners:

Nope, only if Seattle gets another division loss (assuming they lose tonight, and next week). So that would mean a third loss against St Louis or Arizona.
It may be possible they could lose to AZ or STL, who knows, Russel or Dick Sherman may get hurt tonight or against us, then it might be highly likely they lose to us and one of their remaining division games. Anything can still happen and they struggled bad against the rams pass rush with their O line. But im not counting on it. Just hoping for a loss tonight and a win next week to at least make it interesting and keep our players super duper fired up with everything still in front of us.
I just messed with the playoff machine on ESPN , and if we tie in any way we win the division
I said it earlier in the year, the Texans miracle win will give Seattle the NFC West. That game should have been a loss. If they lost that game, everything would be different now.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
I said it earlier in the year, the Texans miracle win will give Seattle the NFC West. That game should have been a loss. If they lost that game, everything would be different now.

aint about them, its about us, should have won the carolina game.
We're going to have to have a lof of things bounce our way for that to happen. Seattle so far has had everything go their way this year. It's time for them to get some unlucky bounces for once, but I don't think they'll have enough to lose three. It's possible they lose three games and we win out, but it's not likely. I don't think Seattle loses to Giants, Cards, or Rams if they happen to lose to the Saints and us.

We probably don't win the NFC west, but we are winning the damn Superbowl this year. Beleed dat homie

And with regards to Seattle losing their dbs. It really doesn't matter people! They can plug in damn near anyone into that secondary and he'll be a plenty good corner. You know why? Because they are coached to grab and hold guys nearly every play.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we are not win winning the division,. roman saw to that when he made us lose to the colts and panthers. the best we can do is hope for the last wild card berth. it is good we have won two games in a row but lets not forget this team or these coaches struggle vs a good team. i hope we win sunday but if we do lose we simply must win out and tampa and the falcons have played a little better as of late. lets just focus on getting that wild card berth and trying to beat a playoff team on the road with a winning record before we start talking super bowl. no matter how much we hate seattle we have to acknowledge that they will find a way to beat downtrods like the cards and rams
Wait I thought the tie breaker is off of strength of schedule before common opponents? Don't we have a better strength of schedule than Seattle?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

aint about them, its about us, should have won the carolina game.

and the colts game and maybe even the saints game but if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a nice xmas
Share 49ersWebzone