LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

2013 - Week 13: Thoughts after rewatching the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Chico:
Love watching Anquan with those amazing catches. I didn't know he was a trash talker though. I always thought he was a quiet, humble player. it was funny to see him get up and talk smack in the defenders face!

He usually is a quiet player. In the post game presser he said the Rams corners were very "chatty", so he gave them a dose of their own medicine. lol

Anquan is a MAN amongst these boys.

Funny....I just saw Anquan, Eric Reid, Quinton Dial, Michael Thomas, and Luke Marquardt at Target across the street. :)
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post man.

here's my 2 cents.

Miller blocked very well and the pass he caught - I think it went 20 yards was just what I wanted to see. Someone other than VD & Boldin catching the ball all alone. Hopefully, Seattle will also ignore other players like Manningham.

Rogers had a solid game.

Tavon was a zero-factor thanks to excellent special teams coverage and fine D-backs play.

Wright still seems a bit uncomfortable BUT played better than the week before.

TJE played very well, great hussle on the fake punt. Rams got us twice last year w/that. He keeps showing up on plays.

We still need LOTS of improvement in the Red Zone. 2 for 4.

Our 3rd down conversion sucks big time. 37% in the last 2 games against mediocre teams; 4-14 in Skins and 4 - 12 in Rams game. That isn't going to cut it against the Seahawks, and other playoff teams.

Finally the UNCUT TRUTH that every1 seems to be missing!! OUR REDZONE OFFENSE is fu*cking DISASTROUS if Gores/Dixons not running it in during short yardage situations. IT HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED and keeps being overlooked ever SINCE LAST YRS SUPERBOWL GAME when COACH HaRoman couldnt in 4 downs get into the ENDZONE during the SUPERBOWL LOST to Ravens. Har-Roman kind of s**tted in their pants!! All these damn FGs are depressing and the lack of come from behind victories for Kaep and the team are ALSO A HUGE CONCERN for me, although Im excited about our recent play, esp Crabs returning.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
our red zone play calling sucks ass.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Love watching Anquan with those amazing catches. I didn't know he was a trash talker though. I always thought he was a quiet, humble player. it was funny to see him get up and talk smack in the defenders face!

He usually is a quiet player. In the post game presser he said the Rams corners were very "chatty", so he gave them a dose of their own medicine. lol

Funny....I just saw Anquan, Eric Reid, Quinton Dial, Michael Thomas, and Luke Marquardt at Target across the street. :)

THE fu*king TRUTH!!! Str8 HOGG...............................Q tha Beast!! We have to resign this dude!!
Originally posted by LosAngeles49er:
Good post man.

here's my 2 cents.

Miller blocked very well and the pass he caught - I think it went 20 yards was just what I wanted to see. Someone other than VD & Boldin catching the ball all alone. Hopefully, Seattle will also ignore other players like Manningham.

Rogers had a solid game.

Tavon was a zero-factor thanks to excellent special teams coverage and fine D-backs play.

TJE played very well, great hussle on the fake punt. Rams got us twice last year w/that. He keeps showing up on plays.

Our 3rd down conversion sucks big time. 37% in the last 2 games against mediocre teams; 4-14 in Skins and 4 - 12 in Rams game. That isn't going to cut it against the Seahawks, and other playoff teams.

Finally the UNCUT TRUTH that every1 seems to be missing!! OUR REDZONE OFFENSE is fu*cking DISASTROUS if Gores/Dixons not running it in during short yardage situations. IT HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED and keeps being overlooked ever SINCE LAST YRS SUPERBOWL GAME when COACH HaRoman couldnt in 4 downs get into the ENDZONE during the SUPERBOWL LOST to Ravens. Har-Roman kind of s**tted in their pants!! All these damn FGs are depressing and the lack of come from behind victories for Kaep and the team are ALSO A HUGE CONCERN for me, although Im excited about our recent play, esp Crabs returning.

.....these posts always crack me up. We are 8-4. 3 years ago we could only DREAM of 8 wins all year.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM ]
Let's not forget about Patrick Willis. He hasn't been elite this year (no doubt due to injuries). This is the first time I've seen him playing like the "Patrick of old." Am I the only one who noticed this?
Originally posted by susweel:

FACT!! And why does Roman call 3 running plays, instead of get maybe 1 or 2 first downs during the end of the game just so our D will have to go BACK on the field risking a chance of injuring players on our vaunted defensive this year with his safe amateur predictable play calling? Drives me nuts.. the game should have been 23-6!! But seems like every game we always leave the door open for teams to crawl back into the game.... smh
Nice succinct post, Marvin. Only one of your points was about the D, and that was Aldon not being effective. The rest of the D played lights out. If you accept that the Rams are not horrible on offense, they were held to almost no yards until garbage time, and no TD's. Clemens is a weak QB, but the pass defense was superb, I thought.
Finally the UNCUT TRUTH that every1 seems to be missing!! OUR REDZONE OFFENSE is fu*cking DISASTROUS if Gores/Dixons not running it in during short yardage situations. IT HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED and keeps being overlooked ever SINCE LAST YRS SUPERBOWL GAME when COACH HaRoman couldnt in 4 downs get into the ENDZONE during the SUPERBOWL LOST to Ravens. Har-Roman kind of s**tted in their pants!! All these damn FGs are depressing and the lack of come from behind victories for Kaep and the team are ALSO A HUGE CONCERN for me
Lol Kap has lost like 8 games as a starter. Not a huge sample size to pull from. It's not often the niners are even down often to attain comeback victories. I'll take being up all game and winning any day. He almost lead us to one of the greatest come back victories ever...

You need a sophisticated pass offense to succeed. Also limited in that Kaep throws a poor fade pattern.

Good post man.

here's my 2 cents.

Rogers had a solid game.

.....these posts always crack me up. We are 8-4. 3 years ago we could only DREAM of 8 wins all year.
lol.... hard to believe I'm an optimist, despite my proclivity towards criticism at times. You're right about our fan base dreaming about 8 wins just a few years ago, I guess maybe its b/c the team and org has fought so hard to b back to Superbowl worthy that I am anxious as a fan to seize the moment while we still have a SB window. But i am concerned about the REDZONE problems that seem to unearth no matter WHO WE PLAY, be they putrid or robust as an opposing RZ defensive.

Most teams who make it to Superbowl have that COME-Back GENE in them (not that i ever want us to be down to have to ComeBk), but u def. need that kind of MAGIC (esp RZ efficiency) IMO usually to make it to SB and win. Last Yr Kaep almost did, but playcalling down stretch was amateur and predictable by one of the Absolute Best Coaches HarB!
Originally posted by pete98146:
Let's not forget about Patrick Willis. He hasn't been elite this year (no doubt due to injuries). This is the first time I've seen him playing like the "Patrick of old." Am I the only one who noticed this?

If I was going to point an 11th point, it was going to be about Willis and Bowman.

At this point tho...it almost goes without saying. We EXPECT them to be great week in and week out.

Picture or it didn't happen.

Good post man.

here's my 2 cents.

Rogers had a solid game.

lol.... hard to believe I'm an optimist, despite my proclivity towards criticism at times. You're right about our fan base dreaming about 8 wins just a few years ago, I guess maybe its b/c the team and org has fought so hard to b back to Superbowl worthy that I am anxious as a fan to seize the moment while we still have a SB window. But i am concerned about the REDZONE problems that seem to unearth no matter WHO WE PLAY, be they putrid or robust as an opposing RZ defensive.

Most teams who make it to Superbowl have that COME-Back GENE in them (not that i ever want us to be down to have to ComeBk), but u def. need that kind of MAGIC (esp RZ efficiency) IMO usually to make it to SB and win. Last Yr Kaep almost did, but playcalling down stretch was amateur and predictable by one of the Absolute Best Coaches HarB!

Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Finally the UNCUT TRUTH that every1 seems to be missing!! OUR REDZONE OFFENSE is fu*cking DISASTROUS if Gores/Dixons not running it in during short yardage situations. IT HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED and keeps being overlooked ever SINCE LAST YRS SUPERBOWL GAME when COACH HaRoman couldnt in 4 downs get into the ENDZONE during the SUPERBOWL LOST to Ravens. Har-Roman kind of s**tted in their pants!! All these damn FGs are depressing and the lack of come from behind victories for Kaep and the team are ALSO A HUGE CONCERN for me
Lol Kap has lost like 8 games as a starter. Not a huge sample size to pull from. It's not often the niners are even down often to attain comeback victories. I'll take being up all game and winning any day. He almost lead us to one of the greatest come back victories ever...

true
Originally posted by pete98146:

You need a sophisticated pass offense to succeed. Also limited in that Kaep throws a poor fade pattern.

But he has been much better at the back shoulder throws.
Share 49ersWebzone