LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 349 users in the forums

eric wright over tarrell brown

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Allx9er:
I think that's more of a result of the addition of Aldon as well as the continued growth of that guy Reid ...brown is still a real good db

Brown was and is our best corner but you have to do it on the field. Injuries cost many their jobs. Nobody is beating the D over the top. If an opposing offense is 3rd and long.......series over.
He's playing well ...plus he is getting in game shape and more comfortable in our system .....I can see where 15crabtree is coming from , Wright hasnt been torched badly, nor has he been picked on as the weak link in our secondary , he shows a lot of promise and will be an asset for the playoff run
The numbers alone suggest everyone is pulling their weight on defense. I would argue the reason our DB's have looked so good of late is because of the pass rush boost Aldon Smith is bringing. Without the rush and DB's will be beat. Having said that, Brown is our best DB right now but he will be the most expensive this off-season to retain.
Our secondary always plays better when the Dline plays at a high level.

Wright still seems a bit tentative but is getting more comfortable.
No. tarell looks better to me. What are Wright's pass defensed numbers so far?
Correlation not causation.

The same could have been falsely stated about our 5-game win streak without Aldon Smith.
eric wright is not even close to as good as TB..i saw him turned around a few times and luckily kellen clemens was the qb

this could be who seattle targets next week...
Um, Wright hasn't fallen into Brown's spot...Brock has taken over Brown's spot and has been playing great all year even before he began starting. Brock has also been starting against subpar WR cores (Redskins and Rams), let's see how well he holds up against Fitz or Jackson in the upcoming games before we call Brock/Wright better than Brown.

As for cost vs effectiveness, then hell yes Wright/Brock better than Brown. Brown will want premiere #1 CB money, but with Brock playing awesome and signed through 2018 @ 4 mil a year, Wright playing a solid nickel, Rogers rumored to be willing to restructure contract, and the all forgotten Culliver coming back from injury (and in line for new contract), why would be waste so much money on Brown?
where did u hear this rumor rogers is willing to restructure?

Originally posted by iLL49er:
where did u hear this rumor rogers is willing to restructure?

I'm sure Carlos is aware he needs to restructure his deal to hang around next year ...I cant see him playing for big money with the Jags or Vikes ....but something tells me Tarrell Brown will take the big bag of cash and run
  • Chico
  • Veteran
All i see, is that our defense is STACKED!!! We are loaded with talent and are primed for a good run to the SB!
Originally posted by Chico:
All i see, is that our defense is STACKED!!! We are loaded with talent and are primed for a good run to the SB!

We wont run out of gas this year , we have some quality depth for the D-Line and Secondary this year
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Um, Wright hasn't fallen into Brown's spot...Brock has taken over Brown's spot and has been playing great all year even before he began starting. Brock has also been starting against subpar WR cores (Redskins and Rams), let's see how well he holds up against Fitz or Jackson in the upcoming games before we call Brock/Wright better than Brown.

As for cost vs effectiveness, then hell yes Wright/Brock better than Brown. Brown will want premiere #1 CB money, but with Brock playing awesome and signed through 2018 @ 4 mil a year, Wright playing a solid nickel, Rogers rumored to be willing to restructure contract, and the all forgotten Culliver coming back from injury (and in line for new contract), why would be waste so much money on Brown?

I agree with Wright / Brock over keeping Brown, but only if Brown is asking to much money. I know the 9ers can't keepem all, but I certainly hate seeing the talent leave the team.

I think for now Wright has a ways to go before he takes Browns position. Brock wasn't on the ballot but he's playing like a probowler...........
lmao what games have you been watching! E.W. is my boy and personally sorry but he's just not looking good at all. He's been burnt a few times and has been beaten a bunch.
Brown has been a stud
Share 49ersWebzone