There are 198 users in the forums

Brooks,Whitner: Wants Instant Replay To Be Expanded To Include Penalties

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Many want to see intant replay expanded, but it won't (not any time soon) because Roger/refs and the seaderrall CAWK suckers won't benefit from all the cheating they allow/do!!
Good idea. One bad call cab change the game!!!
Good idea. One bad call can change the game!!!
I fully expect the powers that be to seriously consider this because of the added $ that would go into the leagues pockets.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The game is delayed enough by Jim Harbaugh as it is

This
Originally posted by ram29jackson:
ok fine if that's what was meant but I doubt it would end up being that simple or quick as most add ons tend to get time consuming.

and officials don't want too much of their authority questioned time and again

But their competency levels should.
How about instead of reviews they start calling the new offensive based penalties of rbs initiating contact with there hemlets like what injured reid, and maybe look into a penalty for qbs who initiate contact with there helmets to draw flags. NBA has rules and fines i believe for players who flop for fouls, do something like that in the league and and at least try to balance out the imbalance of defenselive penalties vs offensive penalties. That and i woild love to see two refs arguing mid field over a call on who was in the wrong the pass rusher or the qb.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
The game is delayed enough by Jim Harbaugh as it is

This

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by mayo49:
If they reviewed every judgement call the game would never end. It's fine the way it is.

They wouldn't review every call though. Just make it a challengeable play. As long as the number of challenges stays the same (2 per game, 3 if you win both), it won't slow down the game at all.

this. no way the ref changes that call on brooks even after replay.
Uhm, how about they get the plays called right the first time?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:
The game is delayed enough as it is

So keeping the game moving is more important than getting the call right?

I agree that you should be able to challenge personal fouls, because the refs throw the flag without really knowing if there was helmet to helmet contact. But, itll never happen. It undermines the refs too much.

The real issue is the new Goodell rules. Either make the QB wear flags on his belt, or only call penalties for purposeful hits to the QB's head.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
The game is delayed enough as it is

Your right lets not review any penalties that could help cost them games. Your right I'm with you.

Replaying and challenging penalties would stupid and definitely slow the game down to wear it could injure players more.

The real problem is the penalty itself

I agree some penalties suck, but challenging penalties wouldn't slow it down anymore than what it is now. Teams would have the same amount of challenges and the two most likely penalties that would probably be allowed is pass-interference and roughing the passer. IMO.
Brooks IS ON A MISSSION!!!
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Brooks IS ON A MISSSION!!!

He wants to play football but the league wants to water him down and make him play nice.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I agree some penalties suck, but challenging penalties wouldn't slow it down anymore than what it is now. Teams would have the same amount of challenges and the two most likely penalties that would probably be allowed is pass-interference and roughing the passer. IMO.

once you do that, where will it end ?

almost on every snap, there is a penalty
What does it matter? You still have a limited amount of challenges.
Share 49ersWebzone