LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Which 49er Linebacker would you choose for one season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 49er Linebacker would you choose for one season?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:
Youre allowed to push and grab eachother for positioning in close range like that. Bowman took his hands off White before the pass was thrown, and on top of it the pass was off line anyways.

is there really controversy over this? Bowman played it perfectly. Contact within 5 yards, hands off while ball is in the air, then closed in as the ball arrived. Perfect.
All this poll really does is point out that we have the best LB corps in the NFL. 4 All-Pro caliber players. Willis/Bowman are hands down the best run stuffing, ball swarming ILB's in the game, and Aldon/Brooks are probably the best pass rushing OLB combo.

Our D is going to be back up to top 1-2 status soon if Carradine and Dial pan out.
In the 3-4 Willis 4-3 Aldon
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Yet without Justin Smith Aldon came crashing back down to earth.

No he didn't. More like he was playing through an injury himself (torn labrum).

Aldon's absence caused a noticeable drop off in our pass rush. When Aldon returned, he was still the sack leader even after missing 5(!) weeks! Last time I checked, Justin was still there.

Aldon is a beast and one man wrecking crew all by himself - with or without Justin.

When Aldon is in his zone, he makes this defense so much better.
Right now, Brooks. He's great at everything which makes him more valuable being an OLB

We will never have a LB group better than the one we have now.... NEVER
I'd take the pass rusher. Give me Smith
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 27, 2013 at 3:36 PM ]
Originally posted by YungAce:
Right now, Brooks. He's great at everything which makes him more valuable being an OLB

We will never have a LB group better than the one we have now.... NEVER

Hell, I'm not sure the league has ever seen a better LB group. All four are top-5 at their position, at worst.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Bowman is the best LB in the NFL.
[ Edited by Chief on Nov 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sspiker:
Hell, I'm not sure the league has ever seen a better LB group. All four are top-5 at their position, at worst.

I'm sure there has never been a better group. At least not in the recent NFL. Maybe back in the steel curtain days.
Originally posted by mattster03:
Here's my answer:

Bowman all the way. And no, Falcons did not get a "raw deal". lol

It baffles me at how people complained about this play. lol. s**t was nowhere even close to being a penalty. It was within 5 yards and as you can see he's clearly just bumping him, not holding him. Then Bowman makes a play on the ball by putting his arm around White. Beautiful clean play. Meanwhile, Seattles secondary holds every play and gets away with it and it's called great defense.

Originally posted by b9er37:
Willis

Of the 4 Willis was awesome from day one. Started as a rookie and promptly led the league in tackles.

Play this year right now? You'd have to choose Bowman or Brooks. Both have had huge seasons.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
aldon is a beast but without J smith playing or playing well weve seen him disappear at times. willis cleans up the middle of the field, stuffs the run, plays pass coverage. total package. its gotta be him or bowman

that's not true. the only time he's played bad was when he was hurt and we didn't know.

and coming back from his absence 1st game 2nd game he was sick.

he started the season with 4.5 sacks in 3 games

just clearing that misconception up.

there is no right or wrong answer
Originally posted by Empire49:
Aldon was also injured when he "came crashing back down to earth." People need to give it a rest already. Did you see him pushing Williams around on Monday night? That guy has been touted as the best Left Tackle in the league this season and Aldon abused him. Do you see the moves he puts on linemen? No doubt Justin Smith helps EVERYONE on the defense, but Aldon is a premiere pass rusher. Why didn't anyone have 20 sacks in a season before Aldon was here? Justin was here at the time.

I am one of Justin Smith's biggest fans (he's my favorite player on the entire team), but he isn't solely responsible for Aldon 's production.

By the way, I'd go with Aldon. A premiere pass rusher trumps tackle machine MLBs in today's pass-first NFL, and as strong as Brooks has been the last few games, he is nowhere near Aldon's level as a pass rusher.

exactly why didn't corey or skuta simply step in and produce sacks based off of justin

they compliment each other perfectly.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
All this poll really does is point out that we have the best LB corps in the NFL. 4 All-Pro caliber players. Willis/Bowman are hands down the best run stuffing, ball swarming ILB's in the game, and Aldon/Brooks are probably the best pass rushing OLB combo.

Our D is going to be back up to top 1-2 status soon if Carradine and Dial pan out.

Last year all four were All Pro.
Willis.

He was the best MLB in the league the second he stepped onto the field. Was performing at a very high level before we got all this talent on D. Add in his leadership ability, and this is the type of guy you build a dominant defense around.
Share 49ersWebzone