LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have to run the table to get homefield advantage and win the NFC West?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do the 49ers have to run the table to get homefield advantage and win the NFC West?

All loses for the Seahawks...

@ATL
NO
@SF
@NYG

Making them 11-5 (should be 10-6, but Scrub threw the Houston game). 49ers fo 12-4 still NFC West kings. If it does not play out this way I hope we get a wild card game versus Dallas in AT&T, A. So I can go to the game. B. Dallas has little to no home field advantage. Then we knock off Seattle at Quest to prove we are the true kings of the NFC West. Finally we play the Saints in the Super Dome (So I can go to this game as well, lol.)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
We need to go 14-2 and blow every division game out by 21+ points!
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the truth,, i relish a chance for this team to play up there in the playoffs. we can not be scared of them up there for the rest of our lives. you gotta beat em sooner or later up there. now how satisfying would that be to beat them up there in the second most important football game a team will ever play!! that is a great challenge and one you should embrace in stead of hiding under the bed.. i just want our team to be a position to play in the title game , no matter where it is or who it is against

Thank you.I say go in and kill em' at their house.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Rascal:
The way I see is it is I believe our D will be fine although they could do better to stop the run against Marshawn Lynch. The challenge lies in our offense, I believe Kap gets intimidated whenever he plays them. In some ways is almost inevitable when their pass rush is so stout while their secondary shuts down most of our receiver options. That is why I have been pushing for the Gordon trade. If we can't get our offense going against them, our D will eventually wane as they run out of gas when they can't get off the field. By hook or by crook, we will have to get our passing game going, may be try out different schemes to even run 4 WR sets. Otherwise, if they believe they can shut down our pass game, they will just stuff the box and shut Frank down as well.

Well, let's keep in mind that he's only played them twice and both times were up there in Seattle. We'll see how he plays at the Stick in December hopefully with a full cast of receivers.

What we need to do is study how the Colts beat them. Colts by and large threw against them, went toe to toe with them and was close. The difference-maker was TY Hilton as he was consistently getting open and making plays against Sherman. Even then, if the Seahawks didn't make that special teams mistake they still could have won the game. Seriously, once again this goes back to why a lot of our fans want Josh Gordon. If you don't have a WR who can burn the Legion of Boom, you really don't stand much of a chance.
The way I see is it is I believe our D will be fine although they could do better to stop the run against Marshawn Lynch. The challenge lies in our offense, I believe Kap gets intimidated whenever he plays them. In some ways is almost inevitable when their pass rush is so stout while their secondary shuts down most of our receiver options. That is why I have been pushing for the Gordon trade. If we can't get our offense going against them, our D will eventually wane as they run out of gas when they can't get off the field. By hook or by crook, we will have to get our passing game going, may be try out different schemes to even run 4 WR sets. Otherwise, if they believe they can shut down our pass game, they will just stuff the box and shut Frank down as well.

Well, let's keep in mind that he's only played them twice and both times were up there in Seattle. We'll see how he plays at the Stick in December hopefully with a full cast of receivers.

What we need to do is study how the Colts beat them. Colts by and large threw against them, went toe to toe with them and was close. The difference-maker was TY Hilton as he was consistently getting open and making plays against Sherman. Even then, if the Seahawks didn't make that special teams mistake they still could have won the game. Seriously, once again this goes back to why a lot of our fans want Josh Gordon. If you don't have a WR who can burn the Legion of Boom, you really don't stand much of a chance.

Lets not forget that the niners game in Seattle was in rain and even though the team played poorly, they were in the game until the fourth quarter. Some seem to be buying into the mystique of games in Seattle. I say BS...they can lose there but they are a much better team than in the past (give credit to Carrol--although it irks me to do so). Will it be more difficult to beat them now? Sure...but what fun would it be if games were all easy?
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
All loses for the Seahawks...

@ATL
NO
@SF
@NYG

Making them 11-5 (should be 10-6, but Scrub threw the Houston game). 49ers fo 12-4 still NFC West kings. If it does not play out this way I hope we get a wild card game versus Dallas in AT&T, A. So I can go to the game. B. Dallas has little to no home field advantage. Then we knock off Seattle at Quest to prove we are the true kings of the NFC West. Finally we play the Saints in the Super Dome (So I can go to this game as well, lol.)

LOL in a perfect world that would be great. Atlanta, Giants pose no threat whatsoever. And don't play the any given sunday card.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Lets not forget that the niners game in Seattle was in rain and even though the team played poorly, they were in the game until the fourth quarter. Some seem to be buying into the mystique of games in Seattle. I say BS...they can lose there but they are a much better team than in the past (give credit to Carrol--although it irks me to do so). Will it be more difficult to beat them now? Sure...but what fun would it be if games were all easy?

Well, you know why we were in the game until the 4th ? Our D kept us in it. But, like I said, if our offense can't get anything going, the D will eventually wane as they run out of gas. Is unrealistic and indeed unfair to expect our D to win the game for us. The offense will have to put points on the board and guess what our time of possession was ? A mere 23 mins and when you combine that with Kap's 3 INTs as desperation sets in, it was the perfect formula for a blowout.
We might take one loss but must win at NO and must beat Seattle. In any case if we get in the playoffs we are trouble for any team.
[ Edited by b9er37 on Oct 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM ]
I just have this creeping feeling we're gonna go 14-2, and nobody will even notice it until the playoffs begin... when they notice we won the #1 seed in the final week, once again screwing New Orleans, and making them come back to the Stick in January.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
I know this isnt a game plan. but i still dont trust the seahawks to win big games at the end of the year with playoff implications...or big games in the playoffs (on the road) IF they have homefield throughout....Harbaugh will have to have a whats your deal moment to fire up the team.

Well, you know why we were in the game until the 4th ? Our D kept us in it. But, like I said, if our offense can't get anything going, the D will eventually wane as they run out of gas. Is unrealistic and indeed unfair to expect our D to win the game for us. The offense will have to put points on the board and guess what our time of possession was ? A mere 23 mins and when you combine that with Kap's 3 INTs as desperation sets in, it was the perfect formula for a blowout.

There are reasons for the 9ers offense playing poorly in Seattle:

1) unprepared (or poorly prepared)
2) rain and noise combined
3) Seattle played just about as well as they can play--were definitely up for the game.
4) did not stick with the run game long enough
5) tried to be cute in a situation that called for simple execution

There are probably many more reasons but if the 9ers play in Seattle again this season I expect a different result. Having WRs back or more experienced (or both) will help and I doubt the team looks like a deer in the headlights again!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
There are reasons for the 9ers offense playing poorly in Seattle:

1) unprepared (or poorly prepared)
2) rain and noise combined
3) Seattle played just about as well as they can play--were definitely up for the game.
4) did not stick with the run game long enough
5) tried to be cute in a situation that called for simple execution

There are probably many more reasons but if the 9ers play in Seattle again this season I expect a different result. Having WRs back or more experienced (or both) will help and I doubt the team looks like a deer in the headlights again!

Receivers coming back won't be enough. We had Crab when we played them last Dec. We will need additional weapons. To be more precise, another deep threat other than Vernon. Just watch the Colts game, TY Hilton was the difference-maker. He was able to consistently beat out Sherman to get open. That is precisely why we need a Josh Gordon type guy.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Receivers coming back won't be enough. We had Crab when we played them last Dec. We will need additional weapons. To be more precise, another deep threat other than Vernon. Just watch the Colts game, TY Hilton was the difference-maker. He was able to consistently beat out Sherman to get open. That is precisely why we need a Josh Gordon type guy.

It does not look like the trade for Gordon is going to happen.

The game is played on the field and there are still nine games to play--and that is a lot of football.
[ Edited by buck on Oct 25, 2013 at 7:44 AM ]
weakhawks losses: saints, giants, and us. we win the division and sb!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
12-4, at worse, for us,, no matter if we win the division or get runner up,, this team is built and will be getting better to make a deep playoff run. i would love to get a chance to play seattle up there again in the playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone