There are 195 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 12)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersinMaryland:
As someone who lives in Maryland and have seen all the Skins games on TV, I can tell you RGIII is not the same QB as last year. Key will be getting pressure on the quarterback, which is something we didn't do at all against Brees and company. The Redskins offense is very similar to ours. Lack of WR has hurt RGIII same as it has hurt Kap. They rely heavily on the run game w/ Morris same as we do w/ Gore. And when that doesnt work out, RG3 looks bad, just as Kap has looked bad.

Which begs the question how good is our D especially pertaining to the D-line really ? I didn't see any push last night apart from a couple of plays. The Saints' O-line could easily block our 4-man rush no problemo. I don't know about their personnel changes, all I know is last year we completely annhilated that O-line. I am sensing there is a certain dropoff comparing to last year.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by 49ersinMaryland:
As someone who lives in Maryland and have seen all the Skins games on TV, I can tell you RGIII is not the same QB as last year. Key will be getting pressure on the quarterback, which is something we didn't do at all against Brees and company. The Redskins offense is very similar to ours. Lack of WR has hurt RGIII same as it has hurt Kap. They rely heavily on the run game w/ Morris same as we do w/ Gore. And when that doesnt work out, RG3 looks bad, just as Kap has looked bad.

Which begs the question how good is our D especially pertaining to the D-line really ? I didn't see any push last night apart from a couple of plays. The Saints' O-line could easily block our 4-man rush no problemo. I don't know about their personnel changes, all I know is last year we completely annhilated that O-line. I am sensing there is a certain dropoff comparing to last year.

Not having Ray McDonald on the line was a factor.
  • Jiks
No way we lose to the Skins
49ers 24
Skins 13
Wouldn't be surprised if they activate Crabs for this game since the team is in desparation mode at this point.
Washington has arguably the slowest and weakest defense in the league after Dallas and do NOT have the personnel to run 9 guys in the box and press man coverage everywhere but how much you wanna bet they still play the 49ers that way. We have now shown that we cannot make teams pay for loading the box. Kap is completely overwhelmed and our receivers just aren't very good. The 49ers are going to make the Redskins look formidable on defense and its going to be another embarrassing display of offense. Or should I say lack of offense. Yes, the 49ers should dominate the Redskins but I have no faith in this offense at all and in the end just feel sorry for our defense.
If we aren't motivated and get a win next week, stick a fork in our playoff chances. I hope the offense can get it going and put up 28+ points against one of the worst defenses in the league.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Wouldn't be surprised if they activate Crabs for this game since the team is in desparation mode at this point.

He's not ready yet. Give it another week or two.
we should win for 49ers.
Tied with Arizona. Unfreakin real smh...

I think the niners finally activate tank and will be able to get to rg3

Osgood may be benched or Morris
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

He's not ready yet. Give it another week or two.

Yeah and we don't need Merriweather targeting his lower leg area.
No mercy for the skins! Let's stomp these fools!!!
49ers 34 - Skins 13
Time to lace them up Crabtree! We need you
Share 49ersWebzone