LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 179 users in the forums

when kaepernick and aldon smith get their new contracts..........

Shop Find 49ers gear online
do the niners have their own anquan boldins, ie players they need to get rid of to fit the cap?
AB has already educated us on this, too lazy to find the thread though.
This is where you ask this:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/98000-2013-49ers-salaries-2947-million-under-cap/page35/#post523
Originally posted by hofer36:
do the niners have their own anquan boldins, ie players they need to get rid of to fit the cap?

Yes, we will have room. Rogers will save nearly 7M to cut him. Gore can restructured down half way. Plus some possible de-escalators.
I know it's common practice to structure contracts in a way that high salary figures are pushed back to later years. Have we done the opposite for any of our players?

For instance, structure a contract so that we pay high base salary up front, then decrease through the life of the deal to save cap space later?
its funny the way you worded the title... I thought you meant some potential receivers similar to Boldin..and I was going to say yes we do.

I think its perfect that we have Boldin here to teach a player like Chris Harper, how to play the position. Harper is built like Boldin, 6'1 234, and attacks the ball like Boldin already.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I know it's common practice to structure contracts in a way that high salary figures are pushed back to later years. Have we done the opposite for any of our players?

For instance, structure a contract so that we pay high base salary up front, then decrease through the life of the deal to save cap space later?

I am positive we have done this in years with more cap space. Willis maybe?
[ Edited by Godsleftsock on Sep 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM ]
Cut Willis, Crabtree, and Cowboy.... That will make room for Kap and Aldon
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Sep 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone