LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

How was the Niners Pass Rush

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Uhhhhhhh..... We're gonna have a hard time catching wilson. need someone to spy on him. seems like whenever we get close and in the QB's face can never bring them down........
the passrush was awful except for the very last play of the game when Aldon bullrushed from the strongside and didn't let aaron launch the hailmary and basically sacked him to end the game. That's why the Package scored 28, because we couldn't stop them.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Simply don't understand not rotating players in to give guys a rest. Brooks only got near the QB 1 time today and on that play he received a 15 yard penalty for hitting Rogers late. Didn't see Lemonier or Skuta at OLB all day.

this is a great point....didnt our d get tired going into the end of the season/playoffs (not including the injuries)
They need to use Lemon more then they did. I also liked when Justin rushed outside from the right defensive end spot to bull rush the LT instead of always getting doubled by guards & chippers. This area needs to improve otherwise our CBs are toast.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Uhhhhhhh..... We're gonna have a hard time catching wilson. need someone to spy on him. seems like whenever we get close and in the QB's face can never bring them down........

Depends how the officials choose to call the game. Packers O-line was literally holding on for dear life on some plays, and the officials allowed it. So many times a sack on Rodgers seemed imminent, but the o-line bought Rodgers enough time to escape by getting fistful of jersey.

Wilson is so allusive, he doesn't need holding to buy him time. Our guys have to be disciplined in their pursuit. So many times I see defenders with a clear path to get him, but they over pursue and he side steps the pressure easily. We have to find a way to stop him from breaking contain and running toward the sidelines.
man, i think they need to rotate their players more often.....
Share 49ersWebzone