There are 122 users in the forums

Why the struggle against certain teams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by buck:
the only team i see we struggle against is the rams. it seems we have a mental block against them for whatever reason,, of course our num nuts kicker and romans play calling did not help

In my estimation, we simply got out coached by Jeff Fisher.
They beat us with ST play. A proven way to upgrade a losing team quickly is to play great at ST. Watching the Rams in preseason, they impressed me with their ST play--very creative and aggressive. Cause for concern. IMHO.

Totally. Also, Fischer moved Amendola (one collar done at that time) all over the field to create non-stop mismatches. I loved how they used him and had always hoped we'd do the same with VD or James, Williams esp. etc.
all of these things are true, sad to say. not to mention romans lovely fake toss pitch to ginn at our own goal line. good lord

LOL...not really
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
I expect us to beat them twice this year. Payback, and we no longer have the liability at kicker we had last season. If it comes down to a FG this year, I expect us to win.

I expect them to surprise Seattle. They've got some quick WRs who might give those big bodied, big mouthed Seattle CBs some problems, and Bradford should have some time to find them. Should be interesting to watch.

Oh wouldn't THAT be awesome...3rd place in the NFC West.
Wouldnt put too much stock into preseason special teams play. How many of those guys are still on the team? Also Moore is being talked about as a gunner for the regular season yet I cant recall ever seeing him in that role this preseason. Our ST should be better than anything we've seen this preseason considering we have players with talent to make the roster filling up those spots.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by buck:
the only team i see we struggle against is the rams. it seems we have a mental block against them for whatever reason,, of course our num nuts kicker and romans play calling did not help

In my estimation, we simply got out coached by Jeff Fisher.

thinking of that goddamn fake punt STILL pisses me off

sigh forgot about that
Share 49ersWebzone