LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Who will be the breakout player of the year for the niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I want Patrick Willis to be the leading tackler on our team again; so him...
Old macdonald at te
Patton!
For me its gonna be LaMichael James, Harbaugh is notorious for being super vanilla during the preseason. He drafted this guy for a reason an trust me hes gonna use him. Baring health this kid will be all over the field. JH never shows his hand but as we can see he is filling out his roster they way he envisions it. the offense will always be based around power running but man is it evolving. James, in my opinion is going to have a really fine season.
For me its gonna be LaMichael James, Harbaugh is notorious for being super vanilla during the preseason. He drafted this guy for a reason an trust me hes gonna use him. Baring health this kid will be all over the field. JH never shows his hand but as we can see he is filling out his roster they way he envisions it. the offense will always be based around power running but man is it evolving. James, in my opinion is going to have a really fine season.
I'd like to say my boy, Brooks but I doubt he'll get many subs and much of his responsibiity will still be in diagnosing pass-run, setting the edge, dropping back in zone and then rushing the passer. The man who will be backing him up is Skuta and who knows if Fangio "trusts" him. That said, we may see Lemonier rushing from both the WILL and SAM spots some as well? Hmmmm...a rested Brooks plus the security that he can ball out knowing we have some real depth behind him? He could have a better year than last.

But I'm going with Vernon Davis. This dude is going to be lined up everywhere! And he is going to get the ball in hs hands...a lot! Next in line will be McDonal and then Boldin. The rest? They are just "package" WR's with limited opportunities a game.

Also on defense, I'll go with Brown since it's his contract year and we should have a better pass rush this year so I expect him to start playing the ball/QB more rather than waiting until the WR touches the ball to make a play. He should be able to keep the WR's in front of him now plus he is most likely going to be playing the slot this year as well. So he will get ample opportunities to "make a play." Remember, Rogers did the same thing in his contract year.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM ]
Why are people still hating on Kyle Williams he is a good receiver so what's the problem?
Ahmad Brooks - Defense
Vance McDonald - Offense
Phil Dawson - Special Teams
I want to be the breakfast player of the year
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:

Interesting...for a 3rd back. So do you think we'll use him in more of a Spoles-like manner to get him the ball out in space?

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
I do...and even if he doesn't get 20 sacks - I think he's going to be more destructive. He slowed down last year (some of it had to do with Justin gettin' hurt and some had to do with him hitting the wall). He's in better shape and has one more year under his belt. IMO, he's going to be the JJ Watt of OLB this season.

You forgot to mention that Aldon might have slowed down because of an injury that required surgery.

Patton on O, Reid on D. We are really gonna love this draft class in the future. Will make us all forget about 2012.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Interesting...for a 3rd back. So do you think we'll use him in more of a Spoles-like manner to get him the ball out in space?

I really do, I think JH is, so to speak keeping him a secret. You dont take a guy like James in the 2nd round if you dont have plans for him. We all know James is a dynamic back with the ball in his hands, but he really needed to learn how to pass block and also be a decoy. I could be wrong but Harbaugh is gonna evolve this offense and James is gonna be a big part of that. Weather it is the read option, lining up in the slot, out of the backfield. He will be all over, the kid is a player.
Offense Veteran - Kap, VD

Offense Rookie - Patton, McDonald

Defense Veteran - Aldon, Asomugah, Ian

Defense Rookie - Lemonier
I think Patton and Lemonier. Yeah Lemonier is not going to see the field except in obvious pass rush situations where he may sub for Brooks. even though brooks is a good pass rusher, but I think he will make an impact when he is in the game.
Share 49ersWebzone