LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 394 users in the forums

Jersey Number changes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guess you forgot your reply in this thread susweel:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/174513-wife-left-years-need-advice/

Anyways, just to not get off topic I don't think 24k is a lot to offer someone for a # especially from a guy like Asomugha who has 10's of millions. I'd take it in a heart beat but I can see why he turned him down. I don't think Asomugha wanted it too bad with that offer.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Gore_21:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/174513-wife-left-years-need-advice/

Anyways, just to not get off topic I don't think 24k is a lot to offer someone for a # especially from a guy like Asomugha who has 10's of millions. I'd take it in a heart beat but I can see why he turned him down. I don't think Asomugha wanted it too bad with that offer.

different rules in the parking lot also I pm'd the op and we are cool.

Probably cuz asking Gore for the #21 would 100x's what he offered Dixon
Originally posted by susweel:
different rules in the parking lot also I pm'd the op and we are cool.

Ok, I hope you were joking though because that came across as really mean. Don't think you would want someone saying something bad on that day of the Oak Creek shooting when you were at a low point.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Probably cuz asking Gore for the #21 would 100x's what he offered Dixon
Yeah, probably better for him to move on from the Philly years anyways. Not like he was able to get 21 and only forked over 24k. Like I said don't think he wanted it all that bad and to me no reason for him to.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 3, 2013 at 6:44 PM ]
Dixon earned the #24 by beating out MRob for a roster spot and taking the number instead of keeping 33, hes had the number since high school. I think hes earned it, where Nnamdi might want to reinvent himself with a new number to shed his Philly years of wearing the number 24.
Agreed. I don't see Boobie Dix giving up #24 no matter what price Nnamdi throws at him. Nnamdiis just gonna have to swallow it and change.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Afrikan:
damn, didn't know that would hurt your feelings man.. I'm sorry.

and yes Dixon is hitting his prime...coached up well these past 3 years, in good shape...yup yup.

aint nobody hurt, Im good just wanted to keep it real before the mods get involved.
Off topic but has anyone ever read Garcia's story? Could be a movie.

"Garcia is the third of seven children born to Bob and Linda (née Elder) Garcia. His father is a former athletic director and football coach at Gavilan College in his hometown of Gilroy, California. A pair of twin girls died before Garcia's birth. His younger brother Jason drowned on a family camping trip in 1977 when Garcia was seven, and fourteen months later his younger sister Kimberly died after falling out of a truck. His two surviving sisters, Jene and Melissa, were born after the deaths of Jason and Kimberly. Garcia has said that much of his drive stems from trying to make his parents happy after the deaths of his siblings."

From what his parents and he went through to CFL to NFL to UFL back to NFL... marrying a playboy playmate...the dui with us... Guy has quite a story

He has a pretty amazing story. My buddy from back home is a relative (Elder). I remember hearing some of it back when he played for us.
its official for Reid
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Eric-Reid-Picks-No-35/00ee743f-cc62-49fb-a3d0-d0229e1050df
its official for Reid
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Eric-Reid-Picks-No-35/00ee743f-cc62-49fb-a3d0-d0229e1050df

#35 is a good number for a safety!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I dont understand quite why everyone seems to hate the number for him.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I dont understand quite why everyone seems to hate the number for him.

35 like Kevin Durant I warmed up to it
ima buy his jersey next.
Originally posted by GoldBlooded:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Reid should've got #38 as soon as he signed.
lol he's gone, ancient history.
I would have liked to see him rock with #20, #41 or #26

Still one of my Favorite 9ers. I was stoked when we got him from the Rams. If only the had taped his paycheck to ball, he wouldn't have fumbled so much. A great running back, but the way he held the ball, he was a chronic fumbler. I remember a game where he fumbled like 3 times in the first half in the 80s (I want to say it was against the bears) and it was raining and they showed Wendell on the sidelines with his poncho and the Liner said "3 fumbles today"

Ran for 1000 yards in the '84 super bowl year. Craig played FB that year.

Wendell held it out like here

He was a chronic fumbler but Roger will always be remembered for 1
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I can't believe Reid chose the worst # in football..

#35???

He woulda looked awesome on #46 or #47!!
49ers going to be retiring #s 21, 52, and 7 out of this generation!
Share 49ersWebzone