LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 235 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Wk 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Ricardo Lockette, AJ Jenkins, Anquan Boldin, Kyle Williams week 1 starters.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Did James return any punts? If so, how did he do? Wasn't paying attention for much of the game.

i think it was just hall and cox

Cool, thanks. I'm sure he'll get some reps in the other games if he's going to be our primary returner.
Jenkins looked as bad as advertised during training camp but i'm not ready to give up on him yet i'll give him until the 3rd pre season game. 1st string offense and defense looked good no complaints there. BOLDIN IS AWESOME!!!! free agent pick up of the year. Back up offense and D not so good but not terrible. Rookies Reid and Mcdonald looked good. Nnmandi looked ok also harylson i'm more than glad is back.And most important Dixon i DO NOT WANT HIM GONE i know were stacked at RB but hes proven to be a team guy does what ever is asked of him hes not selfish we need guys like him on the team. He played well today i don't want to lose a guy like that on this team.
Originally posted by Raul98:
Jenkins looked as bad as advertised during training camp but i'm not ready to give up on him yet i'll give him until the 3rd pre season game. 1st string offense and defense looked good no complaints there. BOLDIN IS AWESOME!!!! free agent pick up of the year. Back up offense and D not so good but not terrible. Rookies Reid and Mcdonald looked good. Nnmandi looked ok also harylson i'm more than glad is back.And most important Dixon i DO NOT WANT HIM GONE i know were stacked at RB but hes proven to be a team guy does what ever is asked of him hes not selfish we need guys like him on the team. He played well today i don't want to lose a guy like that on this team.

Lemonier played well also
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
My NFL network stopped working a bit ago. Guess I'll use this opportunity to also see what deal I can get for sunday ticket since I have an extra complaint in hand.

That channel is off the air for me, too.

Just to mention, my call was a success.

I guess the NFL network problem is happening to most all subscribers. I also complained about my bill and they offered $5 off for 15 months, I kinda laughed and said I may need to look elsewhere. She got her manager and he offered $10 off for 15 months. I said thanks, then called back and went straight to cancellation/retention dept.

I got a cool rep, sounded like a young black dude, and when I started saying how I was on auto-pay and just looked and realized my bill was way more than I thought and money is a little tight etc, he interrupted me and said "you ain't even gotta explain. You want me to lower your bill?" I said yea and he gave me all available deals right off the bat.

Free sunday ticket, free ST max upgrade, discounts on movie channels and lowered my base package cost. Bill went from a whopping $186 to 90 something for the next year. That's close to a grand.

There's more I could cut from my bill, but I'm pleased.
(except for the fact that I couldn't watch NFLN during the games and now I'll probably miss the full replay I had set to record in 10 minutes.)
[ Edited by mug0mug on Aug 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Lemonier played well also

He did i agree he will help the pass rush this season i loved his closing speed on Osweiler very good sign even though he didn't get the sack the fact he could close in on him like that is great.
I didn't get a chance to see Kaepernick's series, but the stats were looking like he's showing signs of a successful dink-and-dunk passing game, which I think is awesome, and the only piece of the puzzle I really saw was missing from the offense after we lost Alex.

If that's the case, top-tier defenses like the Seahawks I think are going to be forced to play way more honestly if they're going to stop plays from the 49ers' offense. :)

Reid was looking solid out there, I was impressed, ditto for Lemonier. McDonald is not looking too bad, but A.J. Jenkins I think is going to need to do something, and he needs to do it FAST, or else I don't see him being on the 49ers' roster for much longer.
[ Edited by Protoman on Aug 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM ]
Richardo Lockette, that guy is just a mountain of a man, shot his way up the depth chart two days ago, and now he's definitely sealed himself a place onto the final roster.
Just got back from the Stick. Fun times despite the loss.
Originally posted by Protoman:
I didn't get a chance to see Kaepernick's series, but the stats were looking like he's showing signs of a successful dink-and-dunk passing game, which I think is awesome, and the only piece of the puzzle I really saw was missing from the offense after we lost Alex.

If that's the case, top-tier defenses like the Seahawks I think are going to be forced to play way more honestly if they're going to stop plays from the 49ers' offense. :)

Reid was looking solid out there, I was impressed, ditto for Lemonier. McDonald is not looking too bad, but A.J. Jenkins I think is going to need to do something, and he needs to do it FAST, or else I don't see him being on the 49ers' roster for much longer.

Just think Kap did what he did without Gore or Hunter in and of course no Crabtree.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Richardo Lockette, that guy is just a mountain of a man, shot his way up the depth chart two days ago, and now he's definitely sealed himself a place onto the final roster.

wut?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Protoman:

Just think Kap did what he did without Gore or Hunter in and of course no Crabtree.

Right, because THIS is the offense we are going to be running in the regular season? Dink and dunk all the way, right? Did you miss it? (all the dinking and dunking)? Harbs and Kaep were out there messing around. Just taking a stroll. A relaxing day at the park. This offense was idling in first gear and drove right through the starting Denver D. The rest of the league better be scared when Gore gets in the lineup. This is no dink and dunk offense. This is the most prolific offense in the league. If you miss three and outs maybe you should get the NFL ticket and watch some KC games.

Alex is sooooooo efficient. Oh, look! he checked it down again for two yards! We are punting, but his completion percentage is 70%

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
What I learned from this game: Aldon Smith has incredible hair
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Aug 8, 2013 at 10:30 PM ]
Originally posted by FrankGoreHOF:
Right, because THIS is the offense we are going to be running in the regular season? Dink and dunk all the way, right? Did you miss it? (all the dinking and dunking)? Harbs and Kaep were out there messing around. Just taking a stroll. A relaxing day at the park. This offense was idling in first gear and drove right through the starting Denver D. The rest of the league better be scared when Gore gets in the lineup. This is no dink and dunk offense. This is the most prolific offense in the league. If you miss three and outs maybe you should get the NFL ticket and watch some KC games.

Alex is sooooooo efficient. Oh, look! he checked it down again for two yards! We are punting, but his completion percentage is 70%

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

lol
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
What I learned from this game: Aldon Smith has incredible hair

this
Share 49ersWebzone