There are 183 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With the recent injury to Culliver the 49ers apparently could be looking to bring Eric Wright back. I was happy about the Wright trade personally and just like Nnamdi I think he could be a steal, especially since he's only 28 and was a prime FA just 2 years ago. I would like to see the 9ers pick him up, thoughts?

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/8/2/4582436/eric-wright-may-have-spent-some-time-with-trent-baalke-on-thursday
Kevin Lynch ‏@klynch491h
Friends of Eric Wright said he spent time with #49ers GM Trent Baalke on Thursday. Must pass physical to sign.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Aug 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM ]
  • thl408
Sign him up if he can play. I'd like to push Carlos Rogers down to the dime package.
let me guess... he mysteriously passes the physical this time...
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
and he'll miraculously pass his physical this time around.
Boast and Buff: brothers!
Through the prayer to our Lord and Savior he will pass his physical
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
let me guess... he mysteriously passes the physical this time...

Originally posted by boast:

LOL
I wonder how often do doctors give a "second opinion" on their own initial diagnosis, because that's what's going to happen here.
My gut feeling is he'll sign w/us.
This is kind of stupid. Bucs were going to release him. We traded for him. Failed his physical. Bucs released him. And now we are trying to sign him again.

Originally posted by boast:

LOL, this. That said, I think Wright is a lot like Aso was in Philadelphia, playing in a zone when he's far more suited to man coverage. I think he could be pretty solid with the 49ers as long as he can stay healthy and keep his nose clean.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This is kind of stupid. Bucs were going to release him. We traded for him. Failed his physical. Bucs released him. And now we are trying to sign him again.

This time around the 49ers don't have to give up any picks, even a late one, I don't see the problem.
So his injury/DUI is less important now that we're down a #3 C.B.

Anyways. f**k the Dream Team 2.0 and Schiano, we need more depth.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
My guess is that he'll magically pass his physical this time around.

at least we don't give up a draft pick
Wonder why we didn't sign him yet? Hmm....hopefully we will soon.
Share 49ersWebzone