LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 297 users in the forums

**Update Eric Wright signed to one year deal**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Man he must not have the heart to get in shape to do what is needed?

I really don't think it has anything to do with his physical condition.

I kind of figured this but I didn't just want to throw out something that might be damning to him such as toxins in his body. If this is the case then he doesn't have the heart to do what it takes to stick with a team. I think that he is throwing away a golden opportunity that very few have

I kind of figured this but I didn't just want to throw out something that might be damning to him such as toxins in his body. If this is the case then he doesn't have the heart to do what it takes to stick with a team. I think that he is throwing away a golden opportunity that very few have

I would think it's simply the legal issues he's going through right now. The 49ers are possibly waiting it out before they make a decision on him. Despite what they say its conceivable they did not know about the most recent DUI.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I would think it's simply the legal issues he's going through right now. The 49ers are possibly waiting it out before they make a decision on him. Despite what they say its conceivable they did not know about the most recent DUI.
do you also think the niners will wait till at least after this thursday to decide whether or not to sign him. I mean we still got four pretty respectable corners, even thought two are on the wrong side of 30 and a couple of kids. Maybe they will just take this area one practice , one week, one pre season game at a time??
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd rather they bring in another Safety out there, I'm not sold on CJ Spillman or Trent Robinson. Well maybe Trent Robinson at NCB but not Safety. Shoot John Lynch's nephew is out there who started all 16 games for the Chargers last season with 2 picks, bring him in to battle with Spillman, Robinson and Dahl.
Originally posted by cciowa:

do you also think the niners will wait till at least after this thursday to decide whether or not to sign him. I mean we still got four pretty respectable corners, even thought two are on the wrong side of 30 and a couple of kids. Maybe they will just take this area one practice , one week, one pre season game at a time??

All it would take would be for one starting corner on some team to go down and Wright will be off the table. He is probably the best corner without a team right now legal issues notwithstanding.
Assuming Coach and Trent knew about the DUI plus the other issue, and they still brought him in for a looksee, it sure looked from the cheap seats like they changed their minds...Twice. One injury is all we need to have EW out there. Maybe Coach is rethinking his thot processes in this. Yeah, it is PEDs, but.....Yeah, he then got a DUI, but.... Crazy, but maybe the powers that be went from purists to realists, even if it tainted the team a tad. No way of knowing what went down, but maybe this is one of the scenarios.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:
Eric right did not pass his physical again!!

link?

Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 29s #49ers sign CB Eric Wright and place him on Non-Football Injury/Illness List. Wright is tending to personal matter & will join team ASAP.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

The 49ers take last opportunity sign CB Eric Wright and put him on non-football injury. They released undrafted rookie Lowell Rose.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 29s #49ers sign CB Eric Wright and place him on Non-Football Injury/Illness List. Wright is tending to personal matter & will join team ASAP.

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by valrod33:

More depth.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

The 49ers take last opportunity sign CB Eric Wright and put him on non-football injury. They released undrafted rookie Lowell Rose.

hmm I thought he was doing great...
Best CB on the team bar none, if he can take the freak'n field.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

T Brown might disagree with you...
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

T Brown might disagree with you...

T Brown got 2 mil says he's better than Wright.

... no wait, he doesn't

Share 49ersWebzone