LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

2013 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
your probably absolutely right. but hey. lemme ask u, cuz i been trying to forget last season. When Smith started the third pre-season game did they show a lot or more than usual. I only ask because since ive been watching football, they tend to gameplan a bit more in the third game of the pre-season. So i wonder if we will see a little more of what Kaep can do in the third game..... Or was it just vanilla offense and defense as usual. Like i said i dont even remember who we played the third game last pre-season. lol.

You probably don't remember because Harbaugh doesn't show crap in the preseason. I think we've all learned this by now.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
I'm actually gonna be looking for a few things this pre-season, Kaep's pre-snap reads, seeing if he's been taking a little fast ball off, and a little more touch on those short to intermediate throws. Seeing if he and VD will continue the bond they seemed to have during the playoffs and SB, and continue that in pre-season. And regardless of the formation, if he's gonna be more in the pocket, more on his feet, or a good balance of both....

Getting my popcorn ready!!

And if we know Jim Harbaugh you'll see none of this until the season starts.

your probably absolutely right. but hey. lemme ask u, cuz i been trying to forget last season. When Smith started the third pre-season game did they show a lot or more than usual. I only ask because since ive been watching football, they tend to gameplan a bit more in the third game of the pre-season. So i wonder if we will see a little more of what Kaep can do in the third game..... Or was it just vanilla offense and defense as usual. Like i said i dont even remember who we played the third game last pre-season. lol.

Originally posted by Whomeam:
I'm actually gonna be looking for a few things this pre-season, Kaep's pre-snap reads, seeing if he's been taking a little fast ball off, and a little more touch on those short to intermediate throws. Seeing if he and VD will continue the bond they seemed to have during the playoffs and SB, and continue that in pre-season. And regardless of the formation, if he's gonna be more in the pocket, more on his feet, or a good balance of both....

1:57 Alex Smith fails to spot the open Randy Moss on a slant
Originally posted by defenderDX:

and kaepernick missed a wide open moss in the end zone in the superbowl--what is your point?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
if you look closely you can see kyle williams

I just see ass! So ready for training camp to start.
[ Edited by tohara3 on Jul 23, 2013 at 6:17 PM ]
cant wait!!
Originally posted by hofer36:

and kaepernick missed a wide open moss in the end zone in the superbowl--what is your point?

And Alex throws late to Moss in the back of the endzone vs. Seattle at home resulting in a pick. What's your point?

And Alex throws late to Moss in the back of the endzone vs. Seattle at home resulting in a pick. What's your point?

it happens to all qbs!

kap got picked off by the seahawks as well....in the endzone.....

lol
I wasn't able to put my self through rewatching the SB, but I saw a clip of that last pass to the endzone to Crabtree in the SB last night. Crab was held for sure, but the pass was overthrown to the back of the endzone. Even look like it was out of bound. If it was anyway catchable the ref would have been forced to called PI on the Ravens. I think the ref let it go because uncatchable.

Kaep will learn from his mistakes, then take us to the 6th!

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I wasn't able to put my self through rewatching the SB, but I saw a clip of that last pass to the endzone to Crabtree in the SB last night. Crab was held for sure, but the pass was overthrown to the back of the endzone. Even look like it was out of bound. If it was anyway catchable the ref would have been forced to called PI on the Ravens. I think the ref let it go because uncatchable.

Kaep will learn from his mistakes, then take us to the 6th!

It's not even the holding on the final play that I find upsetting. The blatant helmet-to-helmet was what got me.
any news yet!?

Moss came to a stop and a defender was on Smith's back. Would not use this one to chastise a past QB.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Moss came to a stop and a defender was on Smith's back. Would not use this one to chastise a past QB.

And that's why Kaep is the starting QB and not Smith.
Omg an Alex v. Kap debate...... LET IT GO!

COME ON TRAINING CAMP!
Share 49ersWebzone