There are 156 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's going to take scoring more points than them to beat them, that's the only way and no one can argue that!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Don't beat yourself

This! Without 3 turnovers IN THE 4TH QUARTER, we win no problem in the NFCC. If Kap played mistake free like Wilson did, he would have handled that game
Let's go see if Victor Conte is around
A new offensive coordinator
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I remember the 70's battles with the Cowboys, and I am 53 in a couple days. You could be in your early 30's and remember the 90's battles with the Cowboys if you started watching football at a young age. For one I think we have to win the division so we don't end up playing at C-Link in the play-offs.Kap needs to get better as a pocket passer, hopefully Lattimore will replace Gore, and maybe get a burner wide receiver that stretches the field.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
A new offensive coordinator

Yes Fire Roman please. And get Kap to throw to receivers not named Crabtree on the final f***ing play.
Trading up for Sammy Watkins.
It comes down to one thing above all else: coaching.

I really hate to admit this, but Seattle OWNS us in this department and I have to say I admire what Pete Carroll has managed to pull off up in Seattle. That team was absolutely nowhere three years ago and now they just had the biggest rout in Super Bowl history since 1992 against the supposed best QB of the modern era.

There is no reason why we should always have our snaps come up right against the play clock. There is no reason why we should always be running out of timeouts. There is no reason why our play calls should be predictable as all hell and why we can't run simple screens or fade routes. There is no reason why our secondary should be biting so badly on plays like that long TD in the Seattle game.

Two years ago we had more talent than Seattle. Last year we had more talent than Seattle. This year we had as much talent as Seattle. Seattle spanked us in December last year and they outperformed us this year. No reason why that should happen when we started off with a more stacked team than they did. Right now Carroll owns Harbaugh, and Harbaugh needs to step up. He can start by dumping the cancer that is Greg Roman.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Play at HOME.

We beat them at HOME. Hello?

Tell that to the Refs who let NO beat us.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Don't beat yourself

This! Without 3 turnovers IN THE 4TH QUARTER, we win no problem in the NFCC. If Kap played mistake free like Wilson did, he would have handled that game

Pretty much spot on.

1. They need a better o-line. MOST IMPORTANT

People always get on Kap for not having time to read his progressions but the reason for that is he has no time! Go back and look at the turnovers in the Seattle game, they were all mostly caused because of Seattle's defensive pressure and the o-line getting burnt. Niners need to build a DOMINANT o-line to beat Seattle's D. Thats the only solution to beat a dominant D like Seattle has.

2. They need a new RB

Gore has run out of gas.

3. Need a fast WR

To stretch the field. Although it does no good if the o-line cant give the QB time to throw.

3. They need a good corner

When you think about it the Niners have still not faced Seattle with a healthy Percy Harvin. Thats a scary thought.
Seattles keeping some core players but there gunna lose some important players. Best thing we can do is keep advancing in our playbook and continue to play dominant defense.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Don't beat yourself

And just like that, Peyton Manning disappears as a comparison to Kap. Last year it was Joe Flacco. This off-season it will be Russell Wilson.

Hilarious.
Originally posted by OrlandoNiner:
It comes down to one thing above all else: coaching.

I really hate to admit this, but Seattle OWNS us in this department and I have to say I admire what Pete Carroll has managed to pull off up in Seattle. That team was absolutely nowhere three years ago and now they just had the biggest rout in Super Bowl history since 1992 against the supposed best QB of the modern era.

There is no reason why we should always have our snaps come up right against the play clock. There is no reason why we should always be running out of timeouts. There is no reason why our play calls should be predictable as all hell and why we can't run simple screens or fade routes. There is no reason why our secondary should be biting so badly on plays like that long TD in the Seattle game.

Two years ago we had more talent than Seattle. Last year we had more talent than Seattle. This year we had as much talent as Seattle. Seattle spanked us in December last year and they outperformed us this year. No reason why that should happen when we started off with a more stacked team than they did. Right now Carroll owns Harbaugh, and Harbaugh needs to step up. He can start by dumping the cancer that is Greg Roman.

Our coaching is lacking in some phases and is overrated on the WZ IMO by a long shot. But we have a lot more problems than that. No doubt that is one of them though. Yes Carroll has been a better coach lately IMO.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
After that NFC Championship, I'm not worried about the noise or any of those other factors that are out of our control when playing Seattle. We had them. Better decision making, better use of all of our skill player on offense, and protecting the ball, and we can beat those guys.

But this Super Bowl to me has demonstrated that in 2014, there are only two teams that have a shot at winning it all. There's Seattle and there's us. Everyone else is just pretending.

THIS!
Share 49ersWebzone