There are 170 users in the forums

49ers setting up the Frank Gore cut. 2014

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Gores cap number for next year people combined with his age. Writing might be on the wall. Don't forget who the team needs to sign next year and where we can save. We also have depth a running back.

Dude has a point. Gore is due $6,450,000 and he'll be 31. Unless he takes a pay cut, he'll be the odd man out in 2014. He's likely to share carries this year with Hunter and James.

LOL.....Seriously? "share" carries? if you mean the same percentage as last season your correct, anything more is laughable. Was i the only one that saw what a beast he was in the playoffs? 319 yards, 5.1 average, 4 TD's and 2 receptions for 48 yards. Guy was a f**king beast. Had we fed him the football at the goalline he would already have his ring.

Frank still has a ton left in the tank, baring injury.

I knew we could agree on something bud. Gore has a s**t ton left in the tank. Gore is worth the $6.45m he gets. He earns it, none is guaranteed. He has various workout and roster bonuses tied to game days actives, and playing 12 games he gets $700k bonus that already counts against the cap.

Gore should, and will get the main carries, and then we give Hunter and James the extra carries. But Gore is our guy, so what if he is 31, he is still effective like said. Preach on bud.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Gores cap number for next year people combined with his age. Writing might be on the wall. Don't forget who the team needs to sign next year and where we can save. We also have depth a running back.

Dude has a point. Gore is due $6,450,000 and he'll be 31. Unless he takes a pay cut, he'll be the odd man out in 2014. He's likely to share carries this year with Hunter and James.

LOL.....Seriously? "share" carries? if you mean the same percentage as last season your correct, anything more is laughable. Was i the only one that saw what a beast he was in the playoffs? 319 yards, 5.1 average, 4 TD's and 2 receptions for 48 yards. Guy was a f**king beast. Had we fed him the football at the goalline he would already have his ring.

I knew we could agree on something bud. Gore has a s**t ton left in the tank. Gore is worth the $6.45m he gets. He earns it, none is guaranteed. He has various workout and roster bonuses tied to game days actives, and playing 12 games he gets $700k bonus that already counts against the cap.

Gore should, and will get the main carries, and then we give Hunter and James the extra carries. But Gore is our guy, so what if he is 31, he is still effective like said. Preach on bud.
We agree on alot AB. You only remember the thing we dont.

This is just like last offseason when people were saying he would slow down. Everyone was saying he would split carries with Hunter. Then i remember an article in camp, where he litterally wowed the media that was obsessed with Hunter and LMJ storie. He ran passed the reporters and said something like "im still the best dawg".

He wasnt lieing. He is the best RB in 49ers history and that wont change this season. Come training camp he will he as hungry as ever, and with the added weapons on offense taking the pressure on him, he may very well have his best season. Last season ranks up there with 06 as one of his best seasons of his career. This season will be no differant.
No link, no video, no story....and it still doesnt get locked?

This is just like last offseason when people were saying he would slow down. Everyone was saying he would split carries with Hunter. Then i remember an article in camp, where he litterally wowed the media that was obsessed with Hunter and LMJ storie. He ran passed the reporters and said something like "im still the best dawg".

He wasnt lieing. He is the best RB in 49ers history and that wont change this season. Come training camp he will he as hungry as ever, and with the added weapons on offense taking the pressure on him, he may very well have his best season. Last season ranks up there with 06 as one of his best seasons of his career. This season will be no differant.

Agreed 100%, and I know, we do agree a lot. Gore has it left in him. He was the guy I felt the most bad for, he deserves the ring more than anyone IMO. He, Justin, Willis are my top 3 that deserve it. Along with Vernon for how he turned it around. Those are our core, with young guys like Kap, the OL, Crabs, the entire LB core, etc...

Now hoping we can get Crabtree and Iupati under contract, not worried about Kap or Aldon. Aldon is locked through 2015 with the option year. Kap is a matter of time, when the time is allowed, he will be extended.

Agreed 100%, and I know, we do agree a lot. Gore has it left in him. He was the guy I felt the most bad for, he deserves the ring more than anyone IMO. He, Justin, Willis are my top 3 that deserve it. Along with Vernon for how he turned it around. Those are our core, with young guys like Kap, the OL, Crabs, the entire LB core, etc...

Now hoping we can get Crabtree and Iupati under contract, not worried about Kap or Aldon. Aldon is locked through 2015 with the option year. Kap is a matter of time, when the time is allowed, he will be extended.

I cryed when we lost. But the majority of those tears were for Frank Gore and noone else.

True. Gore always eventually seems to make the offense work. With these weapons around him and his football intelligence he will be as productive as ever and the others will learn a lot. I remember a victory when Troy Smith was QB and we had a game winning drive on and we had a 3rd and 23 and we dumped off to Gore for 11 yards then Gore went to the huddle and told Troy same play but 5 yds deeper and we converted the 4th and 12 to Gore. We went on to win. Football intelligence. You either have it or you don't

I cryed when we lost. But the majority of those tears were for Frank Gore and noone else.

I yelled we were screwed. Cause that's how I felt, but past it. On to 2013, got rid of some good talent, got a lot of good talent in. extended our All Pro like RT, pro bowl level. Got some good pieces for the STs, Dahl, Skuta, and Dawson. Sure we lost Goldson, Ginn, Walker, Jean Francois, and Sopoaga, but we got younger, and versatile with guys like Dorsey and Ian Williams to start playing more. Excited about the rooks, Mostly Tank and Reid. Hoping for 1 or 2 more years after 2013 for Justin, then he retires and Tank takes over.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
No link, no video, no story....and it still doesnt get locked?

It is one of the two or three mandatory Gore will be cut threads.

Eventually, it will be true.
I hope not. I would like to think he has a chance to at least play out his contract and play a year in Levi's Stadium And Oh this comes as a surprise to you check out my username.
Dictionary.com has a link to this thread under the definition of "premature".

Gore is the best back on the team now, one of the best in the league. Gore dinged is still the best back on the team. This draft does not change that. Unless you are anticipating drafting a better player next year, 2014 draft won't change anything either. So what you are really saying is that we can't afford on of the best in the business in 2014, so we will take a step down at rb for salary reasons. Maybe. I don't think you are saying that one of the guys we have on the roster will be more effective than gore overall by 2014. Won't happen. Not true. Because a 30 year old dinged up Gore still has better vision to find space than anyone on the roster. And if roman can try to get the ball in his hands through the air he would have another 500- 700 yds to his credit.

Only way he isn't on this team as a player is if we win the SB.

We win and it's highly possibly he'll retire on top and move into a coaching/mentor role with the team. Guy bleeds red and gold and I believe if baalke went to gore and said "were gonna trade you " gore would retire rather than be on another team.

But no way he gets cut before the end of 2014
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I wuv fwankie.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 11, 2013 at 4:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone