LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

49ers setting up the Frank Gore cut. 2014

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Are you ready for Frank to be cut next year??
nope, dont cut our best back. He is still effective. Rather have him teach the young guys or a few more seasons, but not cut him, thats an insult.
Are you basing this on the Marcus Lattimore timeline or something else entirely?
Blasphemy.

I actually think Gore plays out his current deal and I'm hoping for the best case scenario where he retires after the 2014 season.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
woah woah woah slow your roll there cheese tits.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Originally posted by susweel:

this n***a. lol

I think he'll play out his current deal and either won't be resigned or he'll retire. I hope he retires with a SB ring and 11,000 rushing yards.
Frank Gore will never be cut, And he would play for peanuts if necissary before he would sign for another team. Thats the kind of loyalty Frank has to this club, and this club has to Frank.

Frank Gore is still easily a top ten back in this league.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on May 10, 2013 at 6:16 PM ]
  • GORO
  • Veteran
He may have to take a pay cut to remain on the team! With Kaepernick, Aldon, Crabtree and Iupati all priorities team may have to make tough decision.
Originally posted by GORO:
He may have to take a pay cut to remain on the team! With Kaepernick, Aldon, Crabtree and Iupati all priorities team may have to make tough decision.
I think this is very likely.

Who saw Tony Gonzalez leaving the Chiefs?
How about Favre leaving the Packers?
Tomlinson leaving the Chargers?
Rice leaving the 49ers?

Let's face it... at the twilight of a player's career, anything can happen.

"You're a liar! You lie!"
Do we have to talk about this now? Topics like this hurt me.

On the inside.
Its hard to think of but yes that is probably the plan, esp if he gets hurt again. I know it sux but we need some cap space in the future and we have sooo many good running backs that it would be dumb to keep the older pricier one. Just being realistic guys
Hell no. He is still extremely effective. There is plenty of gas left in the tank. His game is all about vision, quick feet, and enough shimmy to make the 1st guy miss. He's still elite in those areas. He averaged 4.7 ypc last year. I wouldn't even think of parting ways as long as he's averaging over 4 ypc.
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM ]
If he takes a huge step down in ability then for sure I could see it. If he's still great by then it would be tough to cut him, but they didn't sign Lattimore to eat popcorn and watch the games from the sideline.
Share 49ersWebzone