There are 497 users in the forums
Would Julian Peterson start over Ahmad Brooks?
Would Julian Peterson start over Ahmad Brooks?
May 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM
- JerryRice1848
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,224
I could be wrong but was he still a pro bowler when the Niners had that two-year playoff run with Garce and Owens
May 10, 2013 at 3:03 PM
- pdizo916
- Member
- Posts: 38,241
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I could be wrong but was he still a pro bowler when the Niners had that two-year playoff run with Garce and Owens
But do you think JP in his prime> Brooks right now?
May 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM
- JerryRice1848
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,224
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I could be wrong but was he still a pro bowler when the Niners had that two-year playoff run with Garce and Owens
But do you think JP in his prime> Brooks right now?
Yes
May 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM
- kidash98
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 26,660
Originally posted by pdizo916:Originally posted by JerryRice1848:I could be wrong but was he still a pro bowler when the Niners had that two-year playoff run with Garce and Owens
But do you think JP in his prime> Brooks right now?
Hell Yes!
- 98
May 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM
- Disp
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,457
Who knows? They've put up similar numbers, but Brooks has been playing on a more talented roster overall. I thought I remembered Peterson being better for us than looking at his stats actually suggests. They look pretty equal overall, so I think it'd be a wash either way. McDonald was great, but BY would start over him.
May 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM
- pdizo916
- Member
- Posts: 38,241
Which starters from the 2004 team would make the roster?
I think Eric Johnson and Tony Perrish could start for this team. (well, i think EJ would see the field a hell of a whole lot)
I think Eric Johnson and Tony Perrish could start for this team. (well, i think EJ would see the field a hell of a whole lot)
May 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM
- GORO
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,251
Julian Peterson was a special player. He was a really good blitzer and could cover Tight Ends as well. Brooks makes a few player here and their but Peterson was a pro bowler
May 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM
- Mr.Mcgibblets
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,079
Brooks is better... particularly at SOLB. He doesn't have the pure quickness of JP running an arc, but he's quick enough. Plus, he is excellent at holding the POA and forcing backs to run back inside.
^ meaning, JP would get pancaked +/or simply give up lots more rush yards to his side.
^ meaning, JP would get pancaked +/or simply give up lots more rush yards to his side.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on May 10, 2013 at 3:36 PM ]
May 10, 2013 at 3:37 PM
- wysiwyg
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,366
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Which starters from the 2004 team would make the roster?
I think Eric Johnson and Tony Perrish could start for this team. (well, i think EJ would see the field a hell of a whole lot)
The only 2 still on the team, Jennings and Lee
May 10, 2013 at 3:39 PM
- Allx9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,690
who the heck is garce?
[ Edited by Allx9er on May 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM ]
May 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM
- Hopper
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,415
Depends on the defense. In a 4-3, yes.
In a 3-4, no. I don't think Peterson ever felt comfortable in the 3-4 defense.
In a 3-4, no. I don't think Peterson ever felt comfortable in the 3-4 defense.
May 10, 2013 at 3:42 PM
- gold49er2183
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,437
Brooks won us the Falcons game. And maybe the Saints. He is incredibly solid.
May 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM
- Marvin49
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 16,506
I just wish we'd had more around him when he was playing. JP could have been a great has he played on better teams and didn't tear the achilles.
May 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM
- Wodwo
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,476
No, Peterson wouldn't start over Brooks. Peterson is not a fit at 3-4 OLB. He would not be able to hold the edge, which is just as important as rushing the passer. Peterson was the "Mike" LB in the 3-4 when we played it, IIRC. He is just too small to play 3-4 OLB. Brooks is about 35 Lbs. heavier than Peterson was. He'd get traded to a 4-3 team.
Bryant Young would have pushed any player on our current DL for a starting role, including Justin Smith. He would start over McDonald.
Jeremy Newberry would start over Goodwin if he were healthy.
Meh, that's all the thought I'm putting into this.
Bryant Young would have pushed any player on our current DL for a starting role, including Justin Smith. He would start over McDonald.
Jeremy Newberry would start over Goodwin if he were healthy.
Meh, that's all the thought I'm putting into this.