LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

No whispers from rookie camp yet?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know a lot of people have mentioned Cooper and Morris, but Lowell Rose isn't a bad looking prospect either. A native Californian, he originally started at UCLA, has good size(6'1), decent athletic ability (4.55 40, 39 inch vertical) and from everything I've heard, has looked good for the 49ers thus far.
I'm down with Niner gold on Okoye. Anybody that didn't see his three tire drill, needs to check it out on 9ers local coverage.(actually, it was thru the niners webzone before us peons.) In that drill you will see Okoye, bent down at the waist, jump from one slot to the next , over and over , virtually as fast as the line coach could point the ball. It was amazing and if you don't see it , you are missing something special. He moves like a cat, is twice as fast , has perfect balance, and i bet nobody has ever seen someone put on an exhibition like Okoye did either today or yesterday. And that is just his legs. His upper body is where his strength is supposed to be. Good grief, there is no way to keep this guy off the field.

Yeah, he did throw the discus. What i didn't know was he played rugby, a poor man's football, and a sport for hitters. I don't think he is going to be as green as most think. His footwork today did NOT look like a guy who had never played football. This guy not only makes the team, he is going to be tough to keep off the field, whether it is DL or OL, after first playing STs while he is learning. He also looks like a good bet to gain 5 yds from the 5 yd line. Have no idea about his hands, but if he threw discus, count on the guy having great hand-eye coordination. I bet he can catch like a mutha, but we will see. TE wouldn't surprise me either, but I really have trouble imagining a 303 lb TE.

You want a FB who breaks things? Okoye is your man. He would be one helluva lead blocker on the goal line in front of Frank.

Undoubtedly, the #1 choice for dark horse to make team and actually play.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I'm down with Niner gold on Okoye. Anybody that didn't see his three tire drill, needs to check it out

where
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I'm down with Niner gold on Okoye. Anybody that didn't see his three tire drill, needs to check it out on 9ers local coverage.(actually, it was thru the niners webzone before us peons.) In that drill you will see Okoye, bent down at the waist, jump from one slot to the next , over and over , virtually as fast as the line coach could point the ball. It was amazing and if you don't see it , you are missing something special. He moves like a cat, is twice as fast , has perfect balance, and i bet nobody has ever seen someone put on an exhibition like Okoye did either today or yesterday. And that is just his legs. His upper body is where his strength is supposed to be. Good grief, there is no way to keep this guy off the field.

Yeah, he did throw the discus. What i didn't know was he played rugby, a poor man's football, and a sport for hitters. I don't think he is going to be as green as most think. His footwork today did NOT look like a guy who had never played football. This guy not only makes the team, he is going to be tough to keep off the field, whether it is DL or OL, after first playing STs while he is learning. He also looks like a good bet to gain 5 yds from the 5 yd line. Have no idea about his hands, but if he threw discus, count on the guy having great hand-eye coordination. I bet he can catch like a mutha, but we will see. TE wouldn't surprise me either, but I really have trouble imagining a 303 lb TE.

You want a FB who breaks things? Okoye is your man. He would be one helluva lead blocker on the goal line in front of Frank.

Undoubtedly, the #1 choice for dark horse to make team and actually play.

Supposedly he was easily handled by UDFA OL and guys like Al Netter in 1 on 1 drills.

Sure the guy is a great athlete. But there is so much more to football than just athleticism. And no, rugby is not a similar sport to football. Its physical, yes. But there is no position in rugby similar to DL. Rugby is more like soccer than football.

Id be shocked if Okoye makes the 53 man roster in 2013. But heres to hoping he sticks on our PS and makes it in 2014.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think when it all shakes down, taking Daniels will look absolutely brilliant.

On Friday, Daniels couldn't seem to throw straight. On Saturday, he couldn't miss. And he wasn't just dinking and dunking, either. Daniels was firing bullets downfield and hitting his receivers in stride. When he couldn't find a receiver, he scrambled instead of checking down, and when he scrambled, defenders couldn't touch him. He had two touchdown runs that I saw. If I didn't know better, I would have thought I was watching Russell Wilson play.

Even if all he turns out to be is a great scout team QB to help the 49ers prepare for shiftier and mobile QB's like Wilson and RG3, it will have been well worth a late 7th round pick.

Well we have Crabs and V.D on this Team might as well have a B.J. too.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Supposedly he was easily handled by UDFA OL and guys like Al Netter in 1 on 1 drills.

Sure the guy is a great athlete. But there is so much more to football than just athleticism. And no, rugby is not a similar sport to football. Its physical, yes. But there is no position in rugby similar to DL. Rugby is more like soccer than football.

Id be shocked if Okoye makes the 53 man roster in 2013. But heres to hoping he sticks on our PS and makes it in 2014.

Rugby, Soccer and Football should not be compared to each other! Oranges, Apples and Peaches. Rugby has contact but no helmets, so they learn to protect there heads. Some of the teams I played against put tape around their heads so their ears wouldn't be pulled off...tough game!

But not exited with Okoye until he proves his athletic skills on the football field!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 15, 2013 at 6:57 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Like a boss
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Some camp photos were uploaded in the Jenkins/Patton thread from vet minicamp (the one Patton was told to go away from)

Jenkins does in fact look like he bulked up

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/173015-aj-jenkins-and-quinton-patton/page10/

I saw that too Tiger, AJ def put on some mass. With everyone blasting him about that since last years draft, he better have.

Back to the Rookie Mini Camp....does anyone know if the rookies are allowed at the facility just for this weekend and not again until the OTA's, or can they stay at the facility permanently after this weekend?

Tigerlaw! Looks like AJ did bulk up.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/05/the-skinny-aj-jenkins-muscled-up-this-offseason.html
can we get a picture of AJ?
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Like a boss

NFL Success: check
Good guy image: check
Trademark move: check
Street Cred: check
[ Edited by Joecool on May 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone