LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Darryl Morris (2013 UDFA CB)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by ivanm05:
Look at how they found Kaepernick, Aldon, and the jury is still out on AJ .. but they find players they really like and they pick em.

It's another reason why I'm really excited about McDonald. Everyone wanted Ertz.. including myself.. and everyone i'm sure was like "who's this guy?" "Rice?" but Balkee and Harbaugh liked this guy better and i'm excited to see him play

I didn't want Ertz, and I'm excited for McDonald. But Baalke and Harbaugh wanted Ertz more I believe. It's just that he wasn't on the board any longer

They passed on ertz... that tells you all they thought about him.

^^ I agree with this. Of all prospects, one could never say that Ertz was a guy who escaped their scrutiny. Same with Fleener the year before. I can understand the local boy fever that overcomes many on the 'zone, but sentimentality in the front office would be a real weakness if the Niners were to subcumb to it.

They didn't care for either player as a high pick, obviously.
Unbelievable speed for Morris. I'd give him a chance not only at CB, but also PR/KR and WR. Definitely a diamond in the rough type.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
most impressed by his BJ skills. He can take 10.4"

Originally posted by hofer36:
my best hope for morris would be that he becomes a tramiane brock type player--if he was that good why didnt he get drafted?

If Kaepernick is really this good why didn't he get drafted in the first? If Brady was that good, why didn't he get drafted before the 6th? If Montana was really that good why didn't get get drafted earlier than the 3rd? If Richard Sherman is that good, why did he last to the 5th? If Arian Foster is really that good why didn't he get drafted? Why didn't Alex Boone? Why didn't Priest Holmes, Jeff Saturday, Wes Welker, James Harrison, Antonio Gates, Kurt Warner, etc.

okay you convinced me morris is a pro bowler next season...yippeeeeee
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

This is phallically hilarious!
my best hope for morris would be that he becomes a tramiane brock type player--if he was that good why didnt he get drafted?

If Kaepernick is really this good why didn't he get drafted in the first? If Brady was that good, why didn't he get drafted before the 6th? If Montana was really that good why didn't get get drafted earlier than the 3rd? If Richard Sherman is that good, why did he last to the 5th? If Arian Foster is really that good why didn't he get drafted? Why didn't Alex Boone? Why didn't Priest Holmes, Jeff Saturday, Wes Welker, James Harrison, Antonio Gates, Kurt Warner, etc.

okay you convinced me morris is a pro bowler next season...yippeeeeee

Well, I hope I at least convinced you to not write him off just because he wasn't drafted.

What are you, 12?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

What are you, 12?

i don't care how old you are. Certain things will always make me giggle like a 12 yo. And the abbreviation "BJ" is one of them.
another shout out to Morris from Maiocco this morning

"But the strength of this 49ers undrafted rookie class appears to be at cornerback. Darryl Morris (Texas State) and Lowell Rose (Tulsa) both looked very good. And seventh-round Marcus Cooper (Rutgers) also demonstrated plenty of ability."

Also made the front page of webzone.com

Not often has any draft had a strong group of corners except for Lott and Co. The irony is these guys are so low in the draft stratus and seem so far to be as good as some previous guys taken in top rounds. This draft seems inordinately good as drafts go. Even the injuries seem providential in that we get to keep some guys we might otherwise have no space for. I hope we trade many for future picks as I think our surplus guys may be good enough to vie for and trade instead of risking waiver claims. I get this feeling Baalke is going to be kidnapped and isolated by a team consortium headed by Goodell, the great equalizer who promotes that all descend to the lowest common klutz.

"But the strength of this 49ers undrafted rookie class appears to be at cornerback. Darryl Morris (Texas State) and Lowell Rose (Tulsa) both looked very good. And seventh-round Marcus Cooper (Rutgers) also demonstrated plenty of ability."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/strong-group-corners-49ers-rookie-camp

Yup AND it looks like he may have responded personally to the conversation at the end of the article, some 37 minutes ago.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
What are you, 12?

yes, 12"
When MM says he saw a strong CB group, that gets me excited. I checked up on Cooper...he's got great size, and is pretty quick. His measurables at his pro day were pretty impressive. He also played alongside Logan Ryan, whom the Pats drafted. Morris is really fast...so if he can cover well, he could help out with the slot receivers. Overall, great to hear there's some good talent among that group.
Originally posted by NCommand:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/strong-group-corners-49ers-rookie-camp

Yup AND it looks like he may have responded personally to the conversation at the end of the article, some 37 minutes ago.

haha, awesome!
Share 49ersWebzone