Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
I did actually watch the games and I can tell the difference between the offense we ran with Alex vs the offense we ran with Kaep.
Maybe others can't?
lol
There are 825 users in the forums
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
I did actually watch the games and I can tell the difference between the offense we ran with Alex vs the offense we ran with Kaep.
Maybe others can't?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by JConnelly:
He just said that he thinks that Colin Kaepernick has the ability and upside to be the greatest QB of all time in the history of the game.
Thoughts?
still cant throw a floater lol
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
I misspoke in saying Kap will only last as long as teams don't figure out the pistol/read.
Kaps a legit QB in this league. I meant to say his effectiveness and our success is tied to teams eventually figuring out the offense. He won't fade away or burn out, he's not a flash in the pan. But he and the team can be that much more dangerous with him dropping back from center.
The majority of plays with Kaep at QB were run out of traditional, power offense formations. You need to quit while you're behind, because it seems you don't actually watch the games and only get your info from the internet.
The read-option wasn't run nearly as often as you're trying to make it seem, and the actual Pistol formation even less often. We ripped off huge plays out of the formation, so of course the media is going to act like it's all we do. Anybody who actually watched Kaep play knows this is a huge load of BS.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
I have no problem with it being a small portion of our offense, a wrinkle, as you say. But i felt like we became too reliant on it during the playoffs. Felt like we were more effective with Kap under center.
You watched those playoffs and thought that our offense was the problem??!?! We scored 35ppg.
Originally posted by GNielsen:Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by DrGonzo00:I have no problem with it being a small portion of our offense, a wrinkle, as you say. Bnout i felt like we became too reliant on it during the playoffs. Felt like we were more effective with Kap under center.
You watched those playoffs and thought that our offense was the problem??!?! We scored 35ppg.
I see this a lot these days. My pet theory is that it has something to do with playing Madden. The Niner defense gave up over 30 points a game in the playoffs, the most any Niner Super Bowl team has given up BY FAR! And yet, some people keep talking about offense. Weird.
Originally posted by WINiner:it's a different angle ...i think he is saying with the poor defense along with opposing defenses figuring out the pistol we will be doomed...but Kaep is a lot more then a Pistol type offense
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
I have no problem with it being a small portion of our offense, a wrinkle, as you say. Bnout i felt like we became too reliant on it during the playoffs. Felt like we were more effective with Kap under center.
You watched those playoffs and thought that our offense was the problem??!?! We scored 35ppg.
I see this a lot these days. My pet theory is that it has something to do with playing Madden. The Niner defense gave up over 30 points a game in the playoffs, the most any Niner Super Bowl team has given up BY FAR! And yet, some people keep talking about offense. Weird.
Not uncommon for people who want to appear as knowledgeable but aren't to simply regurgitate the same uninformed opinion of some talking head.
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
However, the D will catch up with what we ran last year with Kaep. They get paid a lot of money to figure these things out. Doesn't mean he/we still can't be effective but I really do think its going to start to come at more of a cost. Only thing I have a problem with is that this type of O puts your qb in more situations to get hit. Kaep is fast and bigger than RG3 but do we really think he will continue to run free forever? I could be wrong but if I was a DC, I'd spy him with a SS or a quick LB and hit him every time we run the read option (if he keeps or hands off). This will take a toll and I don't want to see that happen. Only time will tell but his upside and longevity could be limited if he's getting hit constantly
This is more or less what I've been trying to say. I'm not completely crazy.
Go back and read the yahoo article i posted. The numbers are there.
The majority of plays with Kaep at QB were run out of traditional, power offense formations. You need to quit while you're behind, because it seems you don't actually watch the games and only get your info from the internet. The read-option wasn't run nearly as often as you're trying to make it seem, and the actual Pistol formation even less often. We ripped off huge plays out of the formation, so of course the media is going to act like it's all we do. Anybody who actually watched Kaep play knows this is a huge load of BS.
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
I did actually watch the games and I can tell the difference between the offense we ran with Alex vs the offense we ran with Kaep.
Maybe others can't?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
it's a different angle ...i think he is saying with the poor defense along with opposing defenses figuring out the pistol we will be doomed...but Kaep is a lot more then a Pistol type offense
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
it's a different angle ...i think he is saying with the poor defense along with opposing defenses figuring out the pistol we will be doomed...but Kaep is a lot more then a Pistol type offense
There is nothing to figure out when it comes to the pistol. That's like saying "defenses are gonna figure out the shotgun offense sooner or later."
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Kaepernick ran on designed running plays on a little less than 3% of his snaps. Wilson was at about 5.6%. RGIII was at about 11% and Newton was about 14%. The idea that Kaepernick is a "running QB" is one of the biggest myths in the league. What he is is very fast and when he sees daylight for a scramble or the few times he's in designed runs, he eats up the yards and gets on the highlights.
Originally posted by BayArea:I love the idea of that but at the same time I think we should slow down a little bit with all such lofty expectations so early.
Kap certainly has all of the potential to go down as one of the best but I think we should at the very lest want to see a full season and a superbowl win before this is even a discussion.