LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

53 man roster

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not sure if any 5th-7th rounders will make the 53 man roster so now we have a pretty decent idea what our roster could look like. My best guess:

QB (3)- Kap, McCoy, Tolzien
RB (6)- Gore, Hunter, James, Lattimore, Miller, Dixon
WR (6)- Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Jenkins, Patton, Williams
OL (8)- Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, late round/FA OT
TE (3)- Davis, McDonald, Celek
DL (6)- Smith, Dorsey, McDonald, Carradine, I. Williams, Tukuafu
OLB (4)- Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier
ILB (4)- Willis, Bowman, Skuta, Wilhoite
CB (5)- Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Asomugha, Brock
S (4)- Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman
K (1)- Dawson
P (1)- Lee
LS (1)- Jennings

That's 52. I think the last spot will be a DB with the competition being Cox, McBath, Robinson, and Mike Thomas. Perhaps even 3 of these 4 start the season on the 53 man roster if Manningham and/or Lattimore start season on PUP. Pretty badass roster if I may say so myself!
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Not sure if any 5th-7th rounders will make the 53 man roster so now we have a pretty decent idea what our roster could look like. My best guess:

QB (3)- Kap, McCoy, Tolzien
RB (6)- Gore, Hunter, James, Lattimore, Miller, Dixon
WR (6)- Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Jenkins, Patton, Williams
OL (8)- Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, late round/FA OT
TE (3)- Davis, McDonald, Celek
DL (6)- Smith, Dorsey, McDonald, Carradine, I. Williams, Tukuafu
OLB (4)- Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier
ILB (4)- Willis, Bowman, Skuta, Wilhoite
CB (5)- Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Asomugha, Brock
S (4)- Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman
K (1)- Dawson
P (1)- Lee
LS (1)- Jennings

That's 52. I think the last spot will be a DB with the competition being Cox, McBath, Robinson, and Mike Thomas. Perhaps even 3 of these 4 start the season on the 53 man roster if Manningham and/or Lattimore start season on PUP. Pretty badass roster if I may say so myself!

Respect.
Lattimore likely goes on IR, and do you think we keep Jennings? Thought I read that McDonald could handle LS duties? I love Jennings, but that opens up another roster spot for an extra ST player.
I'm pretty sure we have seen the last of Anthony Dixon
Originally posted by Knowledge:
I'm pretty sure we have seen the last of Anthony Dixon

They should give him a cheerleading outfit. Everybody wins.
RIP Demarcus Dobbs
I think Marcus Lattimore goes to the PUP list. I believe you don't count against the 53 man roster. I'd also replace Michael WIlhoite with Darius Fleming. Does he have anymore practice squad eligibility (Wilhoite)? Manningham will probably open the season on the PUP list also. I think Quinton Dial replaces Tufuaku on the roster as well considering he can probably be a backup at NT and DE. I think the extra two spots go to Cox (lots of potential) and Trenton Robinson if he can beat out Dahl. If not, although I know he suited up a few games last season, but does he have any practice squad eligibility?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think Marcus Lattimore goes to the PUP list. I believe you don't count against the 53 man roster. I'd also replace Michael WIlhoite with Darius Fleming. Does he have anymore practice squad eligibility (Wilhoite)? Manningham will probably open the season on the PUP list also. I think Quinton Dial replaces Tufuaku on the roster as well considering he can probably be a backup at NT and DE. I think the extra two spots go to Cox (lots of potential) and Trenton Robinson if he can beat out Dahl. If not, although I know he suited up a few games last season, but does he have any practice squad eligibility?

I think Dahl would probably get picked over Robinson. Dahl has experience on starting and experience probably his advantage. I think the Niners would want someone to take over with experience just in case on of the Safety's goes down.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Lattimore likely goes on IR, and do you think we keep Jennings? Thought I read that McDonald could handle LS duties? I love Jennings, but that opens up another roster spot for an extra ST player.

I think we will leave Jennings in for this year and maybe work McDonald in a few snaps each practice and then get rid of Jennings to clear some cap space and a extra roster spot. LS is too important of a position to immediately give it to a guy that is a rookie and isn't his true position. Good versatility. How much cap space does Jennings take up?
Where is Charles Woodson fit on the 53 man roster ?

deep roster. And I am waiting on end of draft to see who we may sign as UDFAs, likely guys who dont have a legit shot of making team.

no way a rookie replaces a pro bowler.
Damn cats stay trying to throw dirt on Dixon. Don't you like Boobie?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

no way a rookie replaces a pro bowler.

Good point, was just wondering.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by corona55569:
Where is Charles Woodson fit on the 53 man roster ?

#54. I doubt Lattimore gets put on IR. Sounds like he should be ready to play by the beginning of the season or at worst a few weeks in. Whether or not they actually have him dress for games is a different story though.
Share 49ersWebzone