LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

53 man roster

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
My 53 man right now.

QB- Kap, McCoy, Tolzien
RB- Gore, Hunter, James, Miller, Dixon (Lattimore on PUP to start)
WR- Crabs, Boldin, AJ, Mario, Patton, Williams/Moore(One would return punts if James cant)
TE- Davis, McDonald, Celek
C- Goodwin, Kilgore
OG- Iupati, Boone, Looney
OT- Staley, Davis, Bykowski, Marquadt

DL- Justin, Ray Mac, Ian, Dorsey, Tank, Dial/Dobbs
OLB- Brooks, Aldon, Lemonier, Haralson
ILB- Willis, Bowman, Skuta, Wilhoite, Moody
CB- Rogers, Culliver, Brown, Asomugha, Cox
S- Whitner, Reid, Dahl, Spillman

ST- Dawson, Lee, Jennings

I can see us cutting both Williams and Moore, keeping an extra Safety.

It is not smart to keep 8 OL, we usually keep 9. We got lucky with no injuries, so we should keep the best 9 O-lineman.

I think we're able to keep 8 because of Boone's versatility. Don't you think we could stash Marquardt or Bykowski on the PS?
This is my early view...

QB (3)- Kap, McCoy, BJ
RB (5)- Gore, Hunter, James, Miller, Dixon
WR (6)- Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Jenkins, Patton, Williams
OL (8)- Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, Netter
TE (3)- Davis, McDonald, Celek
DL (7) - Smith, Dorsey, McDonald, Carradine, I. Williams, Dobbs, Dials
OLB (4)- Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier
ILB (4)- Willis, Bowman, Skuta, Moody
CB (5)- Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Asomugha, Cooper
S (5)- Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman, Robinson
K (1)- Dawson
P (1)- Lee
LS (1)- Jennings

PUP - Lattimore
PS - Hampton, Lockette, Tolzien, Okoye, Bykowski, Marquardt, Gray, Fleming
  • jtr2
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sarppen:
This is my early view...

QB (3)- Kap, McCoy, BJ
RB (5)- Gore, Hunter, James, Miller, Dixon
OL (8)- Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, Netter
DL (7) - Smith, Dorsey, McDonald, Carradine, I. Williams, Dobbs, Dials
ILB (4)- Willis, Bowman, Skuta, Moody
CB (5)- Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Asomugha, Cooper
S (5)- Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman, Robinson
K (1)- Dawson
P (1)- Lee
LS (1)- Jennings

PUP - Lattimore
PS - Hampton, Lockette, Tolzien, Okoye, Bykowski, Marquardt, Gray, Fleming
I don't think Tolzien is PS eligible anymore and I bet Lockette is almost out if not out as well
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Not sure if any 5th-7th rounders will make the 53 man roster so now we have a pretty decent idea what our roster could look like. My best guess:

QB (3)- Kap, McCoy, Tolzien
RB (6)- Gore, Hunter, James, Lattimore, Miller, Dixon
OL (8)- Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, late round/FA OT
DL (6)- Smith, Dorsey, McDonald, Carradine, I. Williams, Tukuafu
ILB (4)- Willis, Bowman, Skuta, Wilhoite
CB (5)- Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Asomugha, Brock
S (4)- Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman
K (1)- Dawson
P (1)- Lee
LS (1)- Jennings

That's 52. I think the last spot will be a DB with the competition being Cox, McBath, Robinson, and Mike Thomas. Perhaps even 3 of these 4 start the season on the 53 man roster if Manningham and/or Lattimore start season on PUP. Pretty badass roster if I may say so myself!

Respect.

There is no way Tolzien is there now that we drafted BJ and Lattimore will be IR. I do still hope we get Woodson also.
[ Edited by Donnies49ers on Apr 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM ]
Originally posted by jtr2:
I don't think Tolzien is PS eligible anymore and I bet Lockette is almost out if not out as well

Correct on both accounts.

Originally posted by Donnies49ers:
There is no way Tolzien is there now that we drafted BJ and Lattimore will be IR. I do still hope we get Woodson also.

Daniels is a long shot to make the roster. Harbaugh called him a Swiss Army Knife, which means he'll likely try him at different positions in camp.

Tolzien on the other hand has two years of experience in Roman's offense. I'd say he has the upper hand on McCoy for the two spot heading into training camp.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Lattimore likely goes on IR, and do you think we keep Jennings? Thought I read that McDonald could handle LS duties? I love Jennings, but that opens up another roster spot for an extra ST player.

Originally posted by redrathman:
Correct on both accounts.

Daniels is a long shot to make the roster. Harbaugh called him a Swiss Army Knife, which means he'll likely try him at different positions in camp.

Tolzien on the other hand has two years of experience in Roman's offense. I'd say he has the upper hand on McCoy for the two spot heading into training camp.

Regarding the QB's, Tolzein has more Roman offense familiarity, but McCoy has more NFL game experience. The backup QB fight will be a good one in camp.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Apr 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Add another safety to make it 53.
Pretty sure Dial makes the roster. We either keep 7 DL or Tukuafu is a gonner.

I also think Moody has a good shot at making the roster over Wilhoite. But he will have to earn it and show he can backup at ILB.
QB (3) - Kap, McCoy, Tolzein
RB (5) - Gore, Hunter, James, Dixon, Miller
WR (6) - Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, Patton
OL (8) - Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, Looney, Kilgore, Netter
TE (3) - Davis, McDonald, Morrah

DL (7) - Smith, Dorsey, McDonald, Carradine, Dial, Williams, Tukuafu
OLB (5) - Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier, Johnson
ILB (4) - Willis, Bowman, Skuta, Moody
CB (5) - Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Asomugha, Cox
S (4) - Whitner, Reid, Spillman, Robinson

ST (3) - Dawson, Lee, Jennings

Lattimore to the IR/PUP.
Daniels, Marquadt, Lockette, Fleming to the PS

Cut Brock, McBath, Moore, and Celek.

Originally posted by blm7754:
Pretty sure Dial makes the roster. We either keep 7 DL or Tukuafu is a gonner.

I also think Moody has a good shot at making the roster over Wilhoite. But he will have to earn it and show he can backup at ILB.

agreed, Dial is going up against guys like Dobbs and Tukuafu for his spot. People that think Ian Williams wont make it are fools.
There's going to be some serious competition for a single spot in a few different areas, and the flexibility the player has in playing multiple positions while contributing to special teams is going to put him over the top.

Williams, Dobbs, Tukuafu, Divens, Jerod-Eddie, Carradine and Dial - I would think only 3 survive. Dobbs and Tuk played TE and FB last year.
Williams has to be the lock, as the true NT. Maybe Dobbs and Tuk stick while Carradine is on PUP? But Tank is going to make one of those two lose their job. A couple of the remaining guys should hit the PS.

Patton has to kick Moore and Lockette to the curb eventually. I'm not sure if Mario starts on PUP to start the season.

Celek and Morrah will have to battle for the third TE spot, or they may decide that keeping a Dobbs or Tuk is where they save another roster spot for a DL.

I have to believe Netter will be the first option at OT, with Bykowski making the 53. I think Marquadt will get stashed on the PS.

Skuta, Wilhoite, Haralson and Lemonier might be the back up LBs. Moody might make it from a ST perspective, but I think Fleming and Johnson are in trouble.

It will be interesting to see who makes it in the secondary too. Brock has been a good ST guy and at some point in time, they'll have to decide if they think Robinson can play or not.
Originally posted by ninergold:
There's going to be some serious competition for a single spot in a few different areas, and the flexibility the player has in playing multiple positions while contributing to special teams is going to put him over the top.

Williams, Dobbs, Tukuafu, Divens, Jerod-Eddie, Carradine and Dial - I would think only 3 survive. Dobbs and Tuk played TE and FB last year.
Williams has to be the lock, as the true NT. Maybe Dobbs and Tuk stick while Carradine is on PUP? But Tank is going to make one of those two lose their job. A couple of the remaining guys should hit the PS.

These guys should be judged on their abilities, not the fact they can play two positions

we couldnt get to the qb with these guys and play fell off when they subbed in. 49ers are trying to overhaul the dline with draft and FA addition
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
#54. I doubt Lattimore gets put on IR. Sounds like he should be ready to play by the beginning of the season or at worst a few weeks in. Whether or not they actually have him dress for games is a different story though.

Harbaugh will make that decision and from the articles linked on the first page, Harbaugh has made it clear that there is no rush.

It seems Lattimore could spend the season on injured reserve PUP.
  1. Secondary. I'm not the biggest Reid fan, but I wasn't a Goldson fan either. I think he solidifies us, but we lost a play-maker aspect as well. We're still average at CB, and lack for an impact playmaker.
  2. Speed on offense. LMJ and AJJ were added for that last year, and only 1 of them contributed. I love Patton but he's not a burner, and neither is McDonald. I think we'll have guys that could move the chains, but not stretch defenses out the way a Tavon Austin or Hunter would.
  3. Punt returner. Hmmmm.... we should probably do something about that...
  4. Solid OT backup. Somehow I'm not sure that a late 7th rd rookie will be able to fill that void right away
Share 49ersWebzone