LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

TE Cam Morrah is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
never heard of him
Originally posted by valrod33:

I see what you did there.
He was a standout defensive end at Claremont High School in Claremont, where rivals.com gave him four-stars, making him one of the higher Golden Bear recruits for his year.

He's obviously going to compete with the Cowboy for starting DE.

Championship.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Well, this is encouraging.
CAMpionship
Interesting pickup. Doesn't look good for Celek if we draft another TE.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWuxSOUMTgU

Highlights obviously only tell 1/2 the story but I'll tell you what...in these highlights he is doing everything DW does and more. I see wham-blocks, pinching DE's inside or outside in the run game, is moved all over the field, great straight-line blocking, VERY good seal blocks, gets to the 2nd level, teams were losing him in the passing game b/c at the LOS he looks like he's going to block (great balance) and above all, the dude is catching some of the worst QB passes I've ever seen and making his QB look great...something DW could never do. Baalke may have done his h/w on this one! No joke...
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Well, this is encouraging.

Messed up...he wasn't even out of bounds.
This makes up for Seattle signing Michael Robinson from us.

NOT!!!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Highlights obviously only tell 1/2 the story but I'll tell you what...in these highlights he is doing everything DW does and more. I see wham-blocks, pinching DE's inside or outside in the run game, is moved all over the field, great straight-line blocking, VERY good seal blocks, gets to the 2nd level, teams were losing him in the passing game b/c at the LOS he looks like he's going to block (great balance) and above all, the dude is catching some of the worst QB passes I've ever seen and making his QB look great...something DW could never do. Baalke may have done his h/w on this one! No joke...
On the field the guy looks every bit like Walker, with better hands! If he can pick up the offense as well as Walker he may prove to be just as versatile and effective. Great signing!

I liked him a lot at Cal. I thought it was a terrible decision for him to leave school early. He probably could have been a 4th or 5th round pick if he stayed for his senior season. I like the signing. It's extremely low risk. He is a Delanie Walker-type player. Obviously he's going to need to be developed to reach Delanie's level.
[ Edited by Draftology on Apr 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM ]
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by NCommand:

On the field the guy looks every bit like Walker, with better hands! If he can pick up the offense as well as Walker he may prove to be just as versatile and effective. Great signing!

Agreed...he seemed like he was good at finding the holes and adjusting to CRAP throws in the middle of his routes. That's very encouraging. I was most impressed with his versatility and he blocks very very well.
This cannot possibly be the answer to losing Walker!!! Brinksmanship by HarBalk maybe?
Originally posted by kujon11:
they're asking him for the playbook

hope so, other than that he is camp fodder
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
This cannot possibly be the answer to losing Walker!!! Brinksmanship by HarBalk maybe?

I bet we draft another tighty no way they are putting all their chips on this guy.
Share 49ersWebzone