There are 923 users in the forums

Anthony Davis signs five-year contract extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think that Iupati is the odd man out.....

BUT ANTHONY DAVIS, DOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anthony Davis

Remember when posters were saying Anthony Davis was a bust.... glad to have a real front office again! kudos Baalke!

Just goes to show that even top picks can take some time to develop and people throw the bust word around way too liberally.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Alex is gone.

Crabs loves Kap.

He'll stay.

No he won't, Crab loves money more. He's a great receiver but there is no way the team will pay top dollar for him. Baalke is too smart to waste all the money on a receiver.

He's not a #1 reciever. By that I mean a size, speed guy. He's a possession reciever, but someone is going to pay him as a #1. That's why we need to draft someone so when that day will come.

You're so wrong it's not even funny. About not being a #1

Got to agree with gold49er here. Just because he doesn't have the measurables of Calvin Johnson doesn't mean he's not a #1 receiver. He gets open, can break tackles and is great at getting YAC.

I might be wrong, but it sounds like you expect a #1 WR to be 6-4 with great hands and runs a 4.4. If so I fear you might be waiting a long time for another Johnson or Fitz to show up, and hopefully the 49ers won't be anywhere near low enough to draft them (at least with our own picks)
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Are you crazy? You dont let a young premier pass rusher walk away. I would let Crabtree walk WAY before I would let Aldon Smith go.

Yeah, there is a 0% chance that Aldon or Kaepernick hit free agency. Those are the 2 most important positions on any team, and the type of players that anchor the foundation for years. Going forward, Aldon is more valuable than any other player on our defense, and Kaepernick is more valuable than any on our offense. Everyone else is replaceable, but they're once in a generation players for a franchise.
I wonder how Staley feels about the RT making more than him, a LT.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
i think aldon smith is the one that won't get a contract

although, since we have a franchise qb, maybe he can make #1 wr's. Like Manning, Brady.

Love Davis's style of play as well. Good signing

Are you crazy? You dont let a young premier pass rusher walk away. I would let Crabtree walk WAY before I would let Aldon Smith go.
of course this is the truth
These FO guys are WAYYYY to smart to let Iupati walk - I'd bet 100 to 1 we resign him.

We went through the same whinning and hand wringing - "Who are we gonna keep - Willis or Bowman?" And all the piss-ant crap about that. Remember that, and all the clones justifying one way or the other how we'd lose one and which guy to keep. WOT - Waste of Time.

We'll sign Iupati - book it.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
These FO guys are WAYYYY to smart to let Iupati walk - I'd bet 100 to 1 we resign him.

We went through the same whinning and hand wringing - "Who are we gonna keep - Willis or Bowman?" And all the piss-ant crap about that. Remember that, and all the clones justifying one way or the other how we'd lose one and which guy to keep. WOT - Waste of Time.

Probably but you cant sign everyone. Kap is going to make huge money coming up and Aldon will have to get his cash too.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by blm7754:
We should have plenty of cap space after this season when we can get guys like Goodwin, Rogers, Whitner, and Justin Smith's contracts off the payroll.

wat. No way we don't resign Justin Smith after his contract runs out.

Agreed I think we resign Justin. But I also agree with the blm7754. Justins next contract will not likely be as expensive as the one he is playing under now. The fact that his previous contract is up means that we will likely have more money to put towards other extensions.

Probably but you cant sign everyone. Kap is going to make huge money coming up and Aldon will have to get his cash too.

The draft will be telling... if we grab another inside lineman Iupati is probably a goner. We cant pay everybody and Iupati will want to be paid as a top 5 guard. With CK and Aldon needing new contracts, I would bet the FO would prefer to draft a guard then pay top dollar for Iupati.
I think we extend Boone before Iupati. We still have to pay a lot of people and I think we might be able to keep Boone for less.

Agreed. No way Iupati gets away.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
they gonna have to cut Staley if they wonna pay Iupati.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Remember when posters were saying Anthony Davis was a bust.... glad to have a real front office again! kudos Baalke!

Just goes to show that even top picks can take some time to develop and people throw the bust word around way too liberally.

"Time to develop" is an excuse.

The 'Zone has told me that if you are a first round pick, not only are you expected to step in and start right away, but anything less than making the Pro Bowl every year is wholly unacceptable.

Should you fail to meet this criteria, you will be swiftly and mercilessly mocked as the bust you are by random people on the internet. Also, you will spend the remainder of your 49er career on the bench (where you belong), praying that Trent Baalke doesn't exile you to the land of free safety.

I know this all to be true. The 'Zone never lies....
Share 49ersWebzone