There are 217 users in the forums

Baalke made 2 errors this offseason

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Umm, as for me … Baalke seems to be making the right decisions for the team …
If we just quit now, no more FA, no draft, guys who can catch the ball and are healthy are: crbs, vernon, anquan, LMJ, frank, celek. Delanie is gone, my money is on Mario NOT recovering from both tendon injuries, hunter and Kyle are still question marks. To me, crbs, vernon, anquan and LMJ(if used as a Reggie bush type backfield receiver), and frank, would give us 5 solid receivers, Including 3 all pros.(ok, almost all pros). Add in LMJ, frank and celek we got 3 more. My money, again , is on AJ being a true starting WR, altho it will take the entire yr(unless he is unable to learn the playbook). And I look for hunter and kyle to return, two more good ball catchers. Right now, we got plenty to go the distance, if no injuries. Somewhere, but not early we are going to get either a WR or TE . The beauty of all this is with the Boldin trade, we got an affordable WR to allow us to see what we now have once those getting better are back full time. That leaves 14 picks and some trades to get us a deep cover guy who can leap tall buildings, altho Anquan is the best WR in the game on jump balls. Still we need the deep cover guy, who doesn't just tackle, but can leap and prevent a redux of the flacco/boldin jump ball pass.

I mentioned as a joke that we need a great 6'5" WR who can jump vertically 4 ft, cover any and all WRs, and basically keep us from the fiasco of boldin/flacco that we couldn't stop last yr. If the kid could play some O also that would be a bonus. After the deep cover we still got lots of picks to move up for a DL, OLB, CB, and OL....and that was all made possible by the boldin trade. If we can get one Lt CB and lt S who can not only tackle, but cover the jump ball pass, and get some help for DL substitutes, we already have a team better than last yr. If baalke bundles 3 packs of 3 picks, we could concievably move up to 3 or 4 picks total in Rd 2 and another in Rd 3. And that would be our draft. . I can't believe that with 14 picks and 2 # 2s already that we can't end up with 3 or maybe 4 starters in 2013.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Mar 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM ]
Originally posted by pickle:
I love how us fans think we understand what is happening inside 4949 centennial blvd. We Have No Idea!

This!!!
I'm ok with letting Goldson go. I'm sure the concern is on the D line Dorsey is coming in for a visit and he is young. Hopefully he doesn't leave the building
Originally posted by TexasNiner915:
Originally posted by pickle:
I love how us fans think we understand what is happening inside 4949 Marie DeBartolo Blvd. We Have No Idea!

This!!!

FYP
Share 49ersWebzone