There are 237 users in the forums

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
So are you guys going to be rooting for the Chiefs now if Alex Smith goes there? I know I will as long as were not playing them. Will always be an Alex fan and hope he balls out!
Nah I can't actively root for another team besides the 49ers. But I wont be the least bit mad if the Chiefs do well with Alex as their QB (except if it's against us of course). I would like to see Alex be successful as I think he's a real quality person and I have mad respect for all that he's gone through and I like to see quality dudes be successful in life.

But no, I won't become a Chiefs fan just because of Alex. My heart bleeds for one (football) team and one team only.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
no deal is done...this is baalke driving up alex smith's asking price and making team that like him more scared that they wont get him. Baalke is a genius

Highly unlikely.

why would we settle with a deal before Free agency starts with the the best FA QB in the league? (not including flacco) im sure we will hear the offers coming in once the free agency period hits
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
LOL Chiefs fans reactions

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361

I like how they have terrible QB, and the draft has no great QB options, yet theyre mad that they may be getting Smith. Hes way better than Cassel or Stanzi. Its not like theyre giving up a 1st rounded.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
after their fans reaction I'm worried that the chiefs might back out of the deal, lol
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
....remind me again why we are talking 3/4 round compensation.....?

Because there are doubts about Alex Smith still. He was a FA after last year and Miami was the only team that showed much interest. The Chiefs know there isnt much competition for him and also know the Niners need to remove him from the roster. That is why we are talking about 3rd or 4th round compensation.
Originally posted by susweel:
after their fans reaction I'm worried that the chiefs might back out of the deal, lol

i thought about this also lmao
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
....remind me again why we are talking 3/4 round compensation.....?

I have never talked 3/4 round compensation. have alats stated we would likely get second round value.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by okdkid:
No seriously, what 'effing video of Geno Smith are those Chief fans watching? Holy moly. Did they watch college football this season?

I wouldn't take Geno first overall. But what's not to like about him besides his one game against Kansas state?

He's massively inaccurate and has a difficult time hitting crossing patterns. Which is why he is a 2nd round QB who will be taken in the 1st simply due to the position.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
so who will get pegged for doing this too early, us or the chiefs? isnt this tampering? lance briggs b******t with the bears we lost a pick

No one. We got busted because McCloughan started contract negotiations (via text) before any trade had been agreed upon. He was testing Briggs' expectations, and the Bears got butt hurt.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

it's overwhelmingly bad reactions

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn that Baalke could have gotten a better offer from another team but the 49ers wanted to do right by Alex and sacrifice a little bit of value but send Alex somewhere he would be happy going to. Once they got a satisfactory offer from the Chiefs they closed the book and weren't fielding any more offers. Maybe that's what that dinner was about, to ask Alex if he was cool with going to KC?

All speculation of course. We don't actually know if the reports are true or not yet.
it's overwhelmingly bad reactions

Chiefs feel that with Andy Reid as coach and with what talent they have and what they give up to get Smith they can instantly contend for the division and I think they can without mortgaging their future on an unknown commodity. It is a good trade for them despite what the idiot fans may think. It aint like what OAK gave up for Palmer to CIN. Geez!!
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Manning is one of the biggest playoff choke artists in NFL history.

AS will have the chiefs as instant playoff contenders in that division.

LOL Please send me some of that good stuff you are smoking.

That chiefs team is ready to roll with AS under center. He fits nearly perfect there.

From you comments you would think that Alex Smith is the Hall of Fame and SB winning QB and Manning is the guy that very few teams really want.

Fu*k the fans. What the hell do they know.

Sincerely,

Every NFL Team
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
so who will get pegged for doing this too early, us or the chiefs? isnt this tampering? lance briggs b******t with the bears we lost a pick

No one. We got busted because McCloughan started contract negotiations (via text) before any trade had been agreed upon. He was testing Briggs' expectations, and the Bears got butt hurt.

I wonder how good of a job that guy could have done sober.
Share 49ersWebzone