LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 199 users in the forums

final thoughts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
anyone else think that play being ran as Jim called a timeout would have worked? Kap had some nice blocking in front.
Originally posted by thl408:
The power outage should have occurred before the 2nd half kickoff. Big mistake by whoever was responsible for that.

If one more professional talking azz blames the power outage on our come back I'm going to puke. Absolutely no cause and effect. Nevermind we punted two plays later. Or that our coaches have usbcomebout flat for the last 8-10 games, maybe going all the way back to the Vickings game. We have come back in almost all off Kaeps games.
[ Edited by SealTeam6 on Feb 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM ]
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
The power outage should have occurred before the 2nd half kickoff. Big mistake by whoever was responsible for that.

If one more professional talking azz blames the power outage on our come back I'm going to puke. Absolutely no cause and effect. Nevermind we punted two plays later. Or that our coaches have usbcomebout flat for the last 8-10 games, maybe going all the way back to the Vickings game. We have come back in almost all off Kaeps games.

I don't get it. How did we have an advantage with the outage? You take away the blown coverage and kickoff return, and we're only down 14-6. We score TDs instead of FGs and we would be tied. It wasn't as bad a beating as it seems.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

I don't get it. How did we have an advantage with the outage? You take away the blown coverage and kickoff return, and we're only down 14-6. We score TDs instead of FGs and we would be tied. It wasn't as bad a beating as it seems.

Really, cause from where I was sitting it was looking pretty dam dreadful. They just scored at the end of the half and then come out and score 7 on a kickoff return.

They had huge Mo and there is no doubt that MO is a huge part of any NFL game. There is no getting around that we were on our heels and they were fired up.

There are alot of reasons why teams get and lose MO and we probably make a run anyway but it wasn't a sure thing (just look back to the Seattle game).

Will never know but was proud of our comeback but can see the other side of the equation.
Share 49ersWebzone