LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

final thoughts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This will be my only post because I swore off posting but here it goes. Congrats to the entire 49er organization for the effort they displayed. They should keep their heads up high and I am so darn proud of how they kept battling all year. In my mind they won that game. The officials definitely played favorites and the game WAS decided from those none calls. But who cares, our team was the real winner and in all reality it is just a game. We will regroup and win it next year. Proud to be a NINER!
[ Edited by NinerSince82 on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM ]
It was an amazing comeback.
Originally posted by English:
It was an amazing comeback.

i didnt really enjoy it as much as i wanted to. deep down i knew we'd make a run but felt we'd come up short. you cant tempt fate that many times and continue to over come it. playing with fire will eventually get you burnt.
Humiliating lose. We made mistakes and went away from our strengths. This should have been a blowout
I hated that last TO. Take the five yard penalty, give the offense more room and save the timeout in case we don't convert. That was costly as hell. I will remember that most.
Wouldve preferred a blowout can at least I could convince myself that we lost to a better team. But after watching that amazing comeback effort, no doubt we were the better squad that gave away the game with mental errors and untimely mistakes.

Thats the pain.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I hated that last TO. Take the five yard penalty, give the offense more room and save the timeout in case we don't convert. That was costly as hell. I will remember that most.

or at least use that timeout to draw up a badass play

That inside slant to Walker to beat the Lions last year would have worked.
The D-line was awful...

This is what pissed me off the most about that sequence. HUGE mistake. We could have had the ball back with 50-60 seconds left and great field position. Instead we had 4 seconds to try and pull off a miracle return. Very frustrating.
I knew the 49ers were going to comeback after the power outage ending. Just sucks they didn't pull it through 4 da win.

My final thought, Randy Moss is the greatest curse of all time.
This will make us tougher and meaner.

It will also clarify our draft/FA needs to get better.
We couldn't pressure teams without Justin Smith dominating. My final thought is that we wouldn't have been in a hole the last couple games if Aldon Smith could get some pressure on his own. Maybe he wore down, I don't know. Disappointed that he didn't help at all.
  • thl408
The power outage should have occurred before the 2nd half kickoff. Big mistake by whoever was responsible for that.

If they just called a QB keeper, no confusion at the line of scrimmage, no time out, and positive yards.
Share 49ersWebzone