There are 200 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It costs us rhythm too. I don't blame Kap at all. It's our genius coaches forcing our players to over-analyze in critical moments when they should just be in the rhythm of the moment.

In fact, all this adjustment crap is what has bogged down Peyton Manning his whole career. Over-thinking, over analyzing, over reading, over adjusting. Sometimes you just need some damn rhythm.

Our coaching staff is over-rated. More on that later.

There is a time when a good coach will just tell the players, "you all know how to play the game. Now just go play." It frees the players of a lot of pressure to perform and lets them just play. That was a part of the Bill Walsh strategy and it still works.
1) I don't know
2) Don't have a clue
3) Beats me
4) Haven't the slightest
5) That's a really good question
6) f**k it
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Yet another reason it would have been better to take that 5 yard penalty and save the timeout.

Wait. 1 for 8? I can count at least 5 TD's off the top of my head that were thrown into the endzone.

They were caught IN the EZ...most are Crabtree/Moss catching it and running it in after some RAC. I'm wondering which one was the one. VD? Still, 10 games and only 8 passes INTO the EZ says a lot about our play designs; we certainly have some weapons with VD/Walker/Moss/Crabtree/James/Gore.
CK was 1 of 8 in the redzone yesterday.
I didn't like the calls. I hated the roll out call, the only call i like was it looked like a designed run but jim got the timeout called because others wise we got backup another 5 yards. I really didn't like any of the calls we throw fades to much in the redzone, like to see more quick outs or slants or how about we try a run up the gut since ngata was injured we started to make the running game work... I think gore should have gotten the ball, colin 10th start, we should have trusted gore to get in, he's always had a nose for the redzone rarely does gore get shut out... And every play called in the first half of the game was horrible, I say that because we couldn't move the ball at all, were horrible in the first half all playoffs the game planning sucks balls, but half time adjustments are amazing...
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i want to agree with you, but who knows when our next appearance in the SB will be? i'm confident this team can, but who knows for sure? it's been 18 years before yesterday......

They are not that far off. However they do need another WR other than Crabtree. Randy Moss is not going to do the trick and who knows when Jenkins is going to come around (if ever). And either find DB or CB who can cover tall receivers or find another Justin Smith to play on the other side so they can have a decent pass rush.

The 49er's have always had problems with mobile QB's and although Flacco is not your Russell Wilson or Christian Ponder but the 49er's still couldn't contain him.
  • tsty
  • Veteran
I'm glad I'm not the only person that thought Kaep could've rolled to his left,even with a Raven's blitz and beat everyone to the corner of the endzone .
Any other ideas, other than the intelligent Raven fan above?

Jeff49
1. 49ers started off slow in the 1st half in their 2 previous playoff matchups vs. the Packers and Falcons. It finally caught up with them in the Super Bowl.
2. Secondary's poor play ESPECIALLY CULLIVER!
3. La'Michael James' fumble.
4. Special Teams giving up kickoff TD return
5. Refs
what kind of answer do you expect? we got hosed on those calls...can't do anything but move on.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by dmax:
ALSO..WHY THE F DO U YOU CALL A ROLLOUT..YOU TAKE HALF THE FIELD AWAY

HARBAUGH'S ARROGANCE AND ROMAN'S CRAP PLAYCALLING ON THE FINAL PLAY'S COST US ANOTHER TITLE

Agreed. He's been calling plays like this in the RZ all year...the receiver 95% of the time runs SHORT of the EZ and hopes to get RAC and score. The fade is a good call on first down...but never in this situation...esp. to Crabtree. That play has only worked one time and that was with Alex throwing it against the Cardinals and even THAT was barely caught inside the EZ.

its not like we have not seen this s**t before from these two,, its not like some of us have tried to point out that roman has been a disaster. who gives a s**t about line scores and 300 yard passer and 100 yard rusher.. he blew the game last night, JH is lock step beside him to, no amount of spin can change the facts. the combonation the poster mentioned of the arrogance of the coach and the crap playing calling of roman is spot on,, but what the f**k we had a 300 yard passer last night so its all good
Culliver mostly
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
fire Roman
this should have been done a long time ago but we just kept putting band aids on it with the wins vs the packers and atlanta,, all of the things we have struggled with this year starting with roman and ending with a s**tty pass rush and special teams bit us on the biggest stage of all last night. i hate romans f**king guts and what he did last night should make everyone of you puke your guts out
Originally posted by cciowa:
its not like we have not seen this s**t before from these two,, its not like some of us have tried to point out that roman has been a disaster. who gives a s**t about line scores and 300 yard passer and 100 yard rusher.. he blew the game last night, JH is lock step beside him to, no amount of spin can change the facts. the combonation the poster mentioned of the arrogance of the coach and the crap playing calling of roman is spot on,, but what the f**k we had a 300 yard passer last night so its all good

I have seen enough Niner games over the past decade to know that we have it pretty good with Roman and I am excited to see what he brings out next year with a full offseason to prepare for an offense led by Kaepernick.
The criticism of roman is over the top.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
fire Roman
this should have been done a long time ago but we just kept putting band aids on it with the wins vs the packers and atlanta,, all of the things we have struggled with this year starting with roman and ending with a s**tty pass rush and special teams bit us on the biggest stage of all last night. i hate romans f**king guts and what he did last night should make everyone of you puke your guts out

Do you have any idea how unique of an offense he has built for us? Were those last 4 playcalls terrible? Yes. Is he still one of the best OCs in the NFL? Absolutely.

He's not going anywhere and I'm glad.
Share 49ersWebzone