LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
As I noted earlier; there was a reason why Roman did not get even a sniff of any of the HC openings this year. Other team's GMs can see what Harbaugh cannot...unless of course it is really Harbaugh that is making those calls. After all, he is the head coach and the "offensive guru."

i agree, i said the reason why no one talked to him because they know he is not that good. wow the wolves attacked on that one. well i think we see why no one wants him. we should not want him but just like our number one pick,,, the arrogance of the head coach will never allow him to admit he may have made a mistake. roman called four s**t calls and JH was standing lock step beside him. no excuse for this, zero
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by susweel:
fire Roman
this should have been done a long time ago but we just kept putting band aids on it with the wins vs the packers and atlanta,, all of the things we have struggled with this year starting with roman and ending with a s**tty pass rush and special teams bit us on the biggest stage of all last night. i hate romans f**king guts and what he did last night should make everyone of you puke your guts out

Do you have any idea how unique of an offense he has built for us? Were those last 4 playcalls terrible? Yes. Is he still one of the best OCs in the NFL? Absolutely.

He's not going anywhere and I'm glad.
well that makes two of you. it does not bother you that he blew the game and cost us a ring more than any non call on a non catchable ball ever did

I would love him to be the guy designing our plays but would like somebody a little smarter actually calling the plays in the game. I hate how stupid we are when it comes to those clutch situations. My suspicions were confirmed against the Rams. That is when I truly understood how bad our offensive decision making was. We seriously run the riskiest go nowhere plays at the absolute worst possible times. I don't know what to say other than I want somebody a bit smarter calling the plays.
Originally posted by andrewglass25:
The crabtree play was holding but they were letting them play most of the game, however crabtree very very clearly pushed off. At best it's offsetting penalties and they try again. Does that mean they score? David akers missed FG was a pretty big flop though and that directly added 3 points. The hold in the endzone is a saftey, nothing changes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Didn't bowman basically tackle roddy white in the AFC championship game on the last play? Even inside 5 yards if it were you can't tackle a WR. No team always gets the bad calls.. it works both ways it really does.

I don't think Crabs pushed off on that play and his arm and jersey were both being held. It should have been called and I don't know if they would have scored.
David Akers was run into which means that a running into the kicker penalty was appropriate. The flop did not result in a roughing call so the flop is meaningless.
Bowman manhandled White within five yards of the LOS but not when the ball was in the air.
As I noted earlier; there was a reason why Roman did not get even a sniff of any of the HC openings this year. Other team's GMs can see what Harbaugh cannot...unless of course it is really Harbaugh that is making those calls. After all, he is the head coach and the "offensive guru."

He got plenty of sniffs and very well could have been hired if the Niners had lost against the Packers.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I would love him to be the guy designing our plays but would like somebody a little smarter actually calling the plays in the game. I hate how stupid we are when it comes to those clutch situations. My suspicions were confirmed against the Rams. That is when I truly understood how bad our offensive decision making was. We seriously run the riskiest go nowhere plays at the absolute worst possible times. I don't know what to say other than I want somebody a bit smarter calling the plays.

Roman is a scientist. He is great at designing plays, but you're right, we need an artist to actually call them.

i agree, i said the reason why no one talked to him because they know he is not that good. wow the wolves attacked on that one. well i think we see why no one wants him. we should not want him but just like our number one pick,,, the arrogance of the head coach will never allow him to admit he may have made a mistake. roman called four s**t calls and JH was standing lock step beside him. no excuse for this, zero

Complaining about refs when his coaching staff made bad call after bad call, is our real issue going forward.

well that makes two of you. it does not bother you that he blew the game and cost us a ring more than any non call on a non catchable ball ever did

If you are calling the ball to Crabtree non-catchable I refuse to believe that you even saw the play.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

Complaining about refs when his coaching staff made bad call after bad call, is our real issue going forward.
haha, good one. sad to say alot of people would agree
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

He got plenty of sniffs and very well could have been hired if the Niners had lost against the Packers.

Say what
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

If you are calling the ball to Crabtree non-catchable I refuse to believe that you even saw the play.
well if you are fine with roman i refuse to believe that you saw the last four plays. is that what you want from your OC? at crunch time to go soft and not play to the strong point of this team?

Say what

He got p
Say what

Teams were interested in Roman, Jacksonville particularly and if they had an opportunity to talk to him they may have offered him a job.
well if you are fine with roman i refuse to believe that you saw the last four plays. is that what you want from your OC? at crunch time to go soft and not play to the strong point of this team?

Roman is not perfect but he is very good and he is a great fit for this team.
Why do you think the ball to Crabtree was uncatchable?
Originally posted by fister30:
Lack of pass rush. Smith's injury hurt the whole defense. The ravens were actually running at him yesterday. Justin before injury was a monster in the pass rush. Justin post injury was a non factor in the pass rush.

The DL is the weak link of the defense. Soap and Mcdonald benefit more from Justin than Aldon or any other LB.

I think both Smiths are hurt. Getting those two back at 100% will be huge.
I hate that there is this 'let them play' come the playoffs. Why call a different play from the one called in the regular season? Because you dont want a call to influence the outcome of the game. Its weak. Refs are put there to make the right calls, if the crew cant call it put in a crew that will. A no call is a good call is BS.
Coaching.
Share 49ersWebzone